• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which degradation/loss is worse for you?

• teeth

Votes: 232 91.0%
  • hair

Votes: 23 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Bad teeth to me indicates much more poor health than bad hair, which can encompass everything from "frizzy and/or messy" to "oily stringy monster"

Oct 27, 2017
Teeth obviously, although there is ample scope for teeth to not meet the impossibly white, straight standards of Americans (or at least American media?) and still be healthy.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Teeth, can really bring down someone's look. Also if it's someone I want to hook up with i'd rather they have an appealing mouth.

Apr 24, 2018
I always had healthy teeth as a kid, yet I used to always have a nightmare of losing all my teeth. Funnily enough, my mom was in the same boat but also had the same nightmare when she was a child.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Teeth, not even comparable. Bad hair has a variety of solutions, several of them simple - i.e. if it's that bad, shave that shit.

Bad teeth can be difficult, expensive, and time-consuming to fix, and that's if you can fix the problem at all. Past a certain point, gum disease is irreversible and can have severe consequences for your overall health.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd go with teeth because aside from aesthetic concerns, in impacts one's way to eat. Gotta compensate for missing teeth, avoid spots that are deeply sensitive due to damage, that kinda thing.

Hair is easy. Comb is, mold it, shave it, wig it, it's almost entirely aesthetic and not cause of concern unless it's lost because of health reasons.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Bad teeth is a real health concern, not just aesthetics. I don't understand how this is a question.

I_D

Oct 27, 2017
Teeth, easily. Hair can be fixed with some basic hygiene upgrades and a barber.

Teeth take thousands of dollars and years of time to fix.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bad teeth are harder to ignore and might lead to or be indicative of worse things.

Everyone has a bad hair day and manages to get by.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I am bald and this is not even a real debate.

You can always shave bad hair or get a had or use shampoo along with other shit I am sure.

Bad teeth are a real medical problem and it will cost you a ton of money and require a lot of painful procedures to fix.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
How people see dental care is always a great indicator of how privileged they are.

"easily fixable" lol

But yeah teeth are so much more important than hair, they aren't really comparable.

Last edited:

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Bad Teeth are something you can get fixed, hell the majority of Hollywood's leading actors/actresses have veneers (which is why their teeth look so perfect and so damn white). Though letting your teeth go (and ignoring them) can lead to far worse "health" issues down the road.

However having hair loss? That's not nearly as easily fixed and even then the surgery can be risky/have problems and still won't look 100% like the natural non-hair loss.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Hair you can shave for a minimal price, not ideal but it's still possible.

Fixing teeth costs a shitton of money. And are way worse for your health.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
I'm British so by genetics and virtue of living here, I have shite teeth no matter how hard I scrub twice a day. I'm used to it.

Now hair? I'm highly conscious about it. I'm a real Josuke Higashikata when it comes to that
2b0fd4ed215d49f373696db013f73cb7bd2695e9_hq.gif

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please try to avoid the creation of low effort threads that won't generate good discussion, thanks!

ResetEra FAQ said:
Show Some Effort

Being the Original Poster (OP) of a thread means that it's up to you to provide the foundation for good discussion. When you create a thread, you should include more than just one or two short sentences; make sure that there is enough substance to sustain an interesting conversation. Write as clearly and articulately as possible. Consider whether you're presenting the subject in a way that will generate good discussion. Make sure you are posting the thread in the correct section of the forum, and use the preview feature to double check your work before posting. After creating your thread, consider adding a Cover Image to spruce up its presentation. Do not make provocative threads only to bail on them after the first post. All of the rules outlined in other parts of this document also apply to thread creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.