• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I just started a playthrough of Life is Strange today, and when in the Bathroom before photographing the Butterfly, I clicked on a Poster for the flu shot and Max said this: "Last time I got a Flu Shot, I got the Flu. Fuck you!"

What is the purpose of this? Is it a joke about how flu shots are weakened versions of the flu? Is it a reference to the sometimes spotty protection of the shot dependant on the year's strand? Is it an anti-vaxxer line?

I don't know. Without getting too political, especially as someone on the spectrum, I'm not a personal fan of the anti vaxx movement, and am just trying to understand what DONTNOD was going for here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
It's...a joke? She took a flu shot, still got the flu. She's fake pissed about it. That's it.

Why overthink it?

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I think it's a reference to how sometimes the flu shot can give you light flu symptoms and she's a teen so being mouthy is not..
I don't think Max would be at an anti-vax protest.

I do think it's worth picking up on, and I wonder if they'd put it in now if it was being written.

LiS 1's writing improved as it went, I think they learned to be a bit more careful and sensitive of the impact of their words.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Have you considered that it's a dumb teen doing irony jokes to cover for fear of needles? Or literally 10000 other options that all don't make it a grand political statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.