• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who are they?

• Humans

Votes: 68 19.1%
  • Bots

Votes: 100 28.1%
  • Secret Group

Votes: 36 10.1%
  • Pod Pdopl

Votes: 43 12.1%
  • Aliens

Votes: 46 12.9%
  • Undercover mods

Votes: 63 17.7%

• Total voters

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
What do you guys think of those without avatars? The one with the generic faceless soulless purple default avatar? Are they bots?

I'm always suspicious of these guys

Last edited:

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I never had one until a user here made this one for me in a thread very similar to this.

Same with my username really I have no attachment to it I just happened to be reading the Dark Tower series again at the time.

I don't have any attachment to any of my online activities that aren't public. Which in my case is purely LinkedIn.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I strongly associate users with their avatars, so subconsciously I think all users without avatars are the same person.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I don't trust them, can't tell what they might be thinking.

I heard some of them might like different things than us decent and honest avatar wearing folks

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
1*4NhFKMxr-qXodjYpxtiE0w.gif

OP
OP
hwarang

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn they're all coming out. I ain't never seen so many of them in one thread. Usually you see like 1 out of 50 per thread.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
You ever seen those scenes in the Matrix where you have the main characters and then you have everybody else who are humans like everyone else in the Matrix but they just dress normally and have no noticeable features or stand out in any way in the movie

That's what they are

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
they're probably dealing drugs and selling them on the purple market

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I used to have an avatar at the old place. I had the Great Deku Tree, and before that, Meredy from Tales of Destiny II / Eternia:
OwSG5Ad.jpg
index.jpg

But I just didn't feel like figuring out what avatar to use when we moved here, so I've just stayed avatar-less. I'm not super active here or a particularly notable person on the site, so I don't feel like I need one, anyway.

Last edited:

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
An actual answer is that a lot of people who browse the forum at work or have really low bandwidth have images and avatars turned off, so there is no reason to set one.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i didn't have an av for the longest time simply because i never got around to it

does it look like i know what a jay-peg is??