• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
intro-1571857713.jpg

I eat a lot of junk, but this breakfast from Burger King was the worst I have ever had. Everything about it was awful and I felt nauseous for the whole day after.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I have another chicken one, actually, though I wouldn't say it's "bad". There's a Canadian chicken chain called Mary Brown's. They have something on their menu called chicken poppins (or pop-ins, I dunno). For some reason, I was expecting chicken nuggets or like popcorn chicken from KFC. Instead, it's basically fried chicken skins that are wadded up enough that you can dip them.

Again, it's not necessarily bad, but I guess I just don't like chicken skin enough to eat it by itself like that.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Every food item in Tim Hortons is gross and sad, even - especially - the doughnuts

I can't say I agree, though I certainly understand the sentiment. Anytime they have a new menu item that sounds potentially exciting, they'll find a way to "Tim it up" and make it a lot less appealing than it should be, though I can't think of any examples off the top of my head. Also, their coffee is seriously overrated. I'd rather have coffee from literally any other chain that offers it (A&W, McDonald's, Subway, etc.).

Edit: The donuts are just about the only donuts I've eaten in the past 10 years, so I wouldn't know how they compare to anything else. McDonald's introduced donuts to their menus earlier this year, and while I do like them better than Tim's donuts, I'd say their fairly comparable.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I remember having a Japanese Taco Bell chicken quesadilla and being very disappointed compared to how delightful US ones are. Don't know if I've ever had something from fast food that I would actively consider repulsive.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely feel like the US gets it worse than we do here, even in the likes of McDonald's and Burger King.

I can honestly say nothing I've had in any of them is particularly great, but also nothing terrible.

If we want to talk "fast food" then Wetherspoons is probably higher ranking on the worst list than any actual fast food place

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Burger King Italian Sausage sandwich 1992. Bleeggh. Can't even find a picture of it...only an old commercial

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017
Since OP brought up the spicy McNuggets...

I don't like spicy foods and my local McDonalds must be using the same fryer for regular McNuggets as they do the spicy ones cause now they regular ones are spicy too. So now I loathe the spicy McNuggets for ruining the crappy food I eat when I'm too lazy to make something else.

Can't a person get some good ol fashioned deep fried pink slime.

=[

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Burger King's food in general. Even by fast food standards it's bland as fuck.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
When I visited New York I tried White Castle, was keen to try it with nothing similar in the UK. Got the 6 pack of sliders or whatever it is, weird but was down for it.

They tasted like horrible beef paste sandwiches. Rank.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
So I tried the Spicy McNuggets at McDonald's the other day and they were quite tasty. I'd probably still prefer Wendy's spicy nuggets (especially since they seemingly improved the formula after bringing them back last year), but still good for a drunk Uber Eats order. I asked for the mighty sauce but they accidentally gave me their buffalo sauce which whatever. I'm sure buffalo sauce would work in this situation right?

Hoooooooooooooly shit I've never had something so vile. It tasted like Frank's Red Hot sauce mixed with toothpaste and an orange-flavored Swisher Sweets. Avoid at all costs.

What about you?

scale;jpeg_quality=60.jpg
Their sauce is always vile imo the nuggets seem to vary ive had two batched one tasted okay the other was actually spicy i will go with burger king chicken sandwiches their bread is nasty as can be.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if this is a regional thing, but to me at least, in the UK burger king fries taste great.

Only issue is they lose heat so damn fast. If you don't insist on fresh ones they're often disgusting.
KFC's old fries before they switched seemed to be the same. We'd pick up an order and by the time we'd made the ~5 minute drive home they were stone cold. The chicken was still hot, at least. The new ones seem to retain heat better, although I've only tried them once or twice.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
this thread is backfiring on me, i'm getting hungry

not many here have been to the midwest i see, try out some taco john's for some truly terrible fast food

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Easy. This new concoction at McDonalds Canada. The Scotch Bonnet McChicken in Canada. It's basically a McChicken with a dab of sauce that tastes nothing like Scotch Bonnet. It was pretty bad.

mcdonalds-spicier-scotch-bonnet-mcchicken.jpg

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
NOU

I might be wrong, but in my lifetime there were three versions of Burger King fries.

Up to around mid/late-90s - Not great, but not bad. Fairly standard.
Late-90s to...late-00s? - These were probably the most consistently cooked fries out of any chain. Very crisp, very seldom over or under cooked.
late-00s to now - It just tastes like thick starch cakes. Usually cold.

Late 90s they had the big campaign for their change. I recall them being closer to McDonald's fries, smaller and crisper. They changed em to the Wendy's style now.

They also changed their Nuggets multiple times too. I think it is 3 as well.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Church's had this jalapeno popper wrap and it was among the most miserable things I've eaten. I don't even like jalapeno poppers. Not sure what possessed me to buy a wrapped version of it.

Edit: YES, Burger King fries taste like misery. Always cold and bland. I don't even order them anymore. Just the burger.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Probably the cheesy roll up from tb. it's just cheese in a tiny tortilla roll.

Also, chicken from bk tastes like sawdust in general.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Five Guys fries

Usually bad fast food is like "alright I can't eat this" but five guys fries is something legendarily bad. It can't get any worse.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Burger-King-Crispy-Taco.jpg

Burger King taco. Most people would respond "why would you get a taco from BK?"

They were cheap and I like to try new foods. This thing simultaneously managed to be bland and gross at the same time.
McGriddles and the $1.49 10 piece nuggets at Burger king.
McGriddles are a god tier fast food item.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I got food poisoning from McNuggets in Seattle about ten years ago, so that wins by default.

But as something I actually couldn't finish, Hardee's roast beef used to be great when I was young, but they recently brought it back about a year ago. It was awful, the bun was completely soaked in some liquid from the meat, took two bites and trashed it.

Dec 2, 2017
It probably wasn't the worst thing I've ever had, but I was taking a flight early in the morning once. I hate flying, and i was so anxious I felt really sick. I thought maybe if I ate something it might help, so I got a Burger King breakfast. Never thrown up so fast in my life, it was literally two bites.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The queso at Chipotle. It was this thin, chalky tasting garbage. I don't know how it got past taste-tests.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Any of the McGriddles. Weird sponges overly saturated in "maple" flavor that overpowers the rest of the sandwich and left me with an insane amount of heartburn. I had them a few times in a few different varieties, but I've never seen the appeal of them and think they are probably the worst item McDonald's has on its menu.

I also found the BK spicy chicken sub-thing unappetizing, especially in comparison to the true king of spicy chickens: The Spicy Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich
BurgerKingSpicyTendercrispChicken25.jpg

Speaking of the worst spicy chickens, I also find the Wendy's spicy nuggets to be pretty terrible. Maybe I've had bad luck with getting them fresh in the past, but they always tasted like and the texture of very old and stale nuggets. Hard, crunchy, dry, almost burnt. Which is wild because I think they do a great job with their standard nuggets.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Any of the McGriddles. Weird sponges overly saturated in "maple" flavor that overpowers the rest of the sandwich and left me with an insane amount of heartburn. I had them a few times in a few different varieties, but I've never seen the appeal of them and think they are probably the worst item McDonald's has on its menu.

I also found the BK spicy chicken sub-thing unappetizing, especially in comparison to the true king of spicy chickens: The Spicy Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich
BurgerKingSpicyTendercrispChicken25.jpg

Speaking of the worst spicy chickens, I also find the Wendy's spicy nuggets to be pretty terrible. Maybe I've had bad luck with getting them fresh in the past, but they always tasted like and the texture of very old and stale nuggets. Hard, crunchy, dry, almost burnt. Which is wild because I think they do a great job with their standard nuggets.
When they brought back the spicy nugs, they have a strong salty taste. The problem with the old ones were nobody was buying them more than the others. They would just sit and become stale.