• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
So I tried the Spicy McNuggets at McDonald's the other day and they were quite tasty. I'd probably still prefer Wendy's spicy nuggets (especially since they seemingly improved the formula after bringing them back last year), but still good for a drunk Uber Eats order. I asked for the mighty sauce but they accidentally gave me their buffalo sauce which whatever. I'm sure buffalo sauce would work in this situation right?

Hoooooooooooooly shit I've never had something so vile. It tasted like Frank's Red Hot sauce mixed with toothpaste and an orange-flavored Swisher Sweets. Avoid at all costs.

What about you?

scale;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
KFC Piri Piri Inferno bites...all their bites really.

Instead of giving you the chicken and a dip seperately, they DRENCH the chicken in the sauce so it's soggy and unappetising. Like missing an open goal.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I recently tried these Dublin Donuts things, basically mini bagel balls with cream cheese in the center. Everything tasted like plastic, really nasty.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I'm taking this answer as far as I can. In 2003 I went to a Wendy's set up near a music festival and bit into a hamburger that I'm fairly sure had a large amount of salt dumped on it. I was vegetarian before the year was through so I've never known if I had a random bad experience or that's just what they taste like. But due to my limited knowledge, I'll assume the former.

I got food poisoning from Burger King chicken fries.

Long John Silver's Hushpuppies did that to me. Fucking nightmare sick.
If something was deep fried and it still makes ya sick, that's real bad

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Nacho fries. I completely blame the Taco Bells I visited and not the product itself, but they were awful.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
I went through a McD's once and got a Big Mac, and the monstrosity I received had some hard, thick, lukewarm slice of inedible bacon (I didn't ask for bacon on my Big Mac), and mac sauce that seemed like it was improvised on the spot. And it was sloppy. I didn't finish it.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
For me it's when you get those chunks of cartilage in McNuggets. Hasn't happened to me in years but as a kid I felt like I was cursed. I was always unlucky enough to get that one awful nugget.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
You havent even seen what Burger King Canada is trying to pass off as Buffalo sauce, its a fucking disgrace. It hurts more because their old buffalo sauce was one of my all time faves.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
mcrib-mcdonalds-sandwich.jpg

Mystery meat slathered in some sort of mystery sauce. The texture of rubber with the taste of ketchup mixed with bbq sauce and then left out in the sun for a week or so.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Burger king has the second best fast food fries after bojangles, you crazy.
NOU

I might be wrong, but in my lifetime there were three versions of Burger King fries.

Up to around mid/late-90s - Not great, but not bad. Fairly standard.
Late-90s to...late-00s? - These were probably the most consistently cooked fries out of any chain. Very crisp, very seldom over or under cooked.
late-00s to now - It just tastes like thick starch cakes. Usually cold.

I don't know if this is a regional thing, but to me at least, in the UK burger king fries taste great.

Only issue is they lose heat so damn fast. If you don't insist on fresh ones they're often disgusting.
I think Canada might have different fries if I recall, so it could be regional.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NOU

I might be wrong, but in my lifetime there were three versions of Burger King fries.

Late-90s to...late-00s? - These were probably the most consistently cooked fries out of any chain. Very crisp, very seldom over or under cooked.

You might just have bad BK's around you. Those perfectly crispy fries have never stopped for me.

Evo Shandor

Oct 29, 2017
Food poisoning aside, the muffins at Tim Hortons are insultingly bland. It's like chewing on a foam mattress.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Jack in the Box tacos

I actually bought a couple just for nostalgia's sake for the first time in many years on my last trip to Vegas, and yup, still heinous.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NOU

In UK BK has best fries of all the fast food chains. KFC is the worst.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
The Quesorito from Taco Bell. Zero idea why it stuck on the menu or why people are sad it's leaving.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
You might just have bad BK's around you. Those perfectly crispy fries have never stopped for me.
Lies!

I just looked it up. They introduced the new fries back in 1998. It was a big deal and they had a Mr. Potato Head tie-in to market it.

In 2011, they changed the recipe to what we have today. Thicker and with less sodium.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lies!

I just looked it up. They introduced the new fries back in 1998. It was a big deal and they had a Mr. Potato Head tie-in to market it.

In 2011, they changed the recipe to what we have today. Thicker and with less sodium.

Ive been asking for extra salt on the fries for years so yeah might explain my experience.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Fish fillet from Wendy's. Got some really bad diarrhea after eating it. Ever since I will not touch fish at fast food restaurants that don't specialize in it.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Ive been asking for extra salt on the fries for years so yeah might explain my experience.
For what it's worth, I've recently been ordering Wendy's fries with the "No Salt" option through the app. I generally don't add salt to things and the result has been they come out pipping hot and crispy. My problem with their fries is they were coated to the brim in salt and usually soggy. I recommend checking it out!

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
Burger King Rebel Whopper

I think it's the european version of the impossible whopper.

global-vb-news-burger-whopper_tcm1355-541894.jpg

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

They had the best fries about 10 years ago. They made a bad choice changing them to whatever these abominations are.

Edit:

NOU

You weren't wrong. I remember there being a type of fry before the current set that was my favorite. I was still getting them on my college campus and that was late 00's just as you said. They were amazing after growing up with their "normal" fries in the 90s. Whoever made the decision to change from 2000s version to the current needs a kick in the shin.

DJGolfClap

Avenger
Apr 28, 2018
Vancouver
Tim Hortons potato wedges are deep fried in... who knows where? and then microwaved in the store - at least that's the impression I get because they're the worst potato-based product I've ever had.

Every food item in Tim Hortons is gross and sad, even - especially - the doughnuts

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
For what it's worth, I've recently been ordering Wendy's fries with the "No Salt" option through the app. I generally don't add salt to things and the result has been they come out pipping hot and crispy. My problem with their fries is they were coated to the brim in salt and usually soggy. I recommend checking it out!

Wendy's fries, if fresh, are very tasty. I think it's a high quality product often made poorly.

Burgess_101

Oct 26, 2017
When I went on holiday to America around 7 years or so ago now I had Dominos. Just a cheese and tomato pizza with chicken strips on it. Was absolutely disgusting.

I've only had Papa John's once and their garlic dip also tastes like vomit.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the chicken sandwich from Popeyes but I got one that was the worst item I've ever had from a restaurant. It was the most rubbery thing I've ever tried to eat.

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Weinerschnitzel's fries are pretty shit.

Really, most of their menu barring hot dogs and soft serve sucks and I'm really not very picky when it comes to fast food either.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
that mexican pizza shit is the first thing i ever ordered from taco bell, garbage

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Impossible Whopper at BK. Terrible and I've had non-meat burgers before. BK and Wendy's have the worst fries and that alone keeps from going to either.

Last edited:

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I rarely eat fast food, but I haven't been to a Wendy's in 15 years because their fries were always soggy and gross. My friends and I stopped by fairly often in our teens since several of them worked at one and got discounts.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
McNuggets is the worst fast food i ever had,cant believe people willingly eat that and its not even that cheap!