• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I've watched children dip their fingers into the chocolate pudding.

Also once saw a guy eat the stuffing out of a sushi roll and put the rice pack onto the tray

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pgr5jqvxl1r11.png

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Yeah I've seen some of those dick people who just take all the crab legs and shit. Straight assholes majority of the time too.

What pisses me off are messy ass people at Mongolian BBQ joints. The ones that leave the whole row messy with food and sauces. Like how hard is it to be clean you fucking pigs. That's one of the few little things that makes my blood boil. It gets worse when I see them use the same tongs or ladles for different items when each of them have their own. Called a dude who left that shit all messy once and then he had the nerve to call me rude. Gtfo.

How do you clean up the spilled sauce? I've never seen cleaning cloth or the like there.

Nov 8, 2017
What is this "lining up" for a buffet thing? At every buffet I've ever been to, you just freely wander around to whichever food you want to take, sort of like walking around a store. I don't think they even had a set starting point or route for a line.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Every weds night I work a buffet, or run banquets on the rest of the nights and I can tell you some primo stuff.

However our clientele is a bit more "sophisticated". IE Literal rocket scientists. NASA and JPL researchers, scientists and many caltech college alumni, students and faculty.

The "awkward" scientist stereotype is definitely real, because some of these people seem to lack any sense of social etiquette.

some things I've had to deal with.

- Replacing the oysters during a christmas buffet only for every single oyster I put on the ice to be taken by a single person (he already had 15 whole oysters on his plate), who then got upset I was taking too long and just shoveled a few off my tray and then slurped the last one right there on the floor and tossed the empty shell back onto my tray.

- Getting flipped off by a 100 year old professor because I told him we we'rent serving Banannas foster for the christmas buffet.

- Being told to bring back out all 300 pieces of pastries and deserts because five people decided that even after being told thirty minutes prior that the dining room was closing and all the food was being put away that they were insulted that we would just take the buffet away from them.

- Asking for dessert forty minutes after the dining room has closed and the entire buffet is being broken down. but still getting the desert they asked for them anyway...only for them to turn around and let out the single biggest fart in my direction I've ever heard in a public space and walk away like it never happened.

- Getting upset that I wont give you a 40oz slice of prime rib
...and then trying to take my carving knife from my hand to cut it yourself....

- Touching the meat that Im carving with your fingers

- Going behind the sushi station while we're busy and grabbing and unwrapping the 50oz of raw tuna from the fridge and trying to slice it with a ladle, while scooping up the sushi rice with your bare hands

- Going behind the station of our taco bar and dumping an entire whole chafing dish carne asada meant for the entire buffet onto your single plate

- Poking the sliced fruit with your bare hands to test if it's fresh, even though it's sliced daily.

- taking the spoon/tongs meant to serve everyone for your own plate and then using it to pick up other food and contaminate other food.

- Going behind the carving station and taking out the entire loin of NY strip and trying to cut it with a ladle but then giving up and taking 35oz of NY steak onto your plate anyway.

- Stealing all the rice from the middle of the curry and rice station, leaving it only a curry station.

- shoving your fists into the chocolate fountain because you dropped a marshmellow into it.

- Asking for foods that havent been cooked in butter, being shown them because they say their allergic to butter and spending the time and effort to show them, then seeing them throw a huge dollop of sour cream and cheese on top of the food anyway.

- Taking a bite of cheese from the cheese platter and then just putting it back on the tray.

- I work an "action station" pretty much every weds night where I cook you special plates on the buffet floor.

Like this

6gC6rPo.jpg

The station will always say what the special is (rissoto, pad thai, noodles, okonomyiaki, spaghetti etc). Im not there to cook you omelets, pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs....at 8PM at night.

I have so much much more...but it's late and tomorrow is weds and I have a buffet to prepare for.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
- Asking for dessert forty minutes after the dining room has closed and the entire buffet is being broken down. but still getting the desert they asked for them anyway...only for them to turn around and let out the single biggest fart in my direction I've ever heard in a public space and walk away like it never happened.

LOL!!! wow that is something

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the prawns thing, I don't go anymore but back in the day you could see people taking kilos of the stuff. They're not so good anyway

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I once saw a dude literally slam a child out of his way to get to the Peking duck.

It cried, parents got mad and it ended in a huge shouting fight until the staff got between them

Fun

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
A kid licking dessert items and putting them back or putting their item in the chocolate fountain after licking. Repeatedly.

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some franchise buffet I rarely go, but if I went there it's always has cockroach.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Worst etiquette at a buffet I've experienced was from the buffet staff in a hotel in Cannakale, Turkey. Dirty looks if we came back for seconds, staff guarding the premium items like Quail.

I dont like to go to cheap buffets so lining up isnt too much of an issue. I have witnessed the lines for the crab legs at my local club when I went for a drink and gamble. Good on em for stocking crab legs at 29.90 per adult imo

I don't get the prawns thing, I don't go anymore but back in the day you could see people taking kilos of the stuff. They're not so good anyway

Back in the days that was the most premium seafood at a buffet. Now we have oysters, clams, pippis, bugs, crabs and lobsters on a buffet menu.

I make sure to go thru at least 50 oysters at a buffet and confident I end up eating >100...