• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
It's been a long time since I've picked up a golf game, and I'm curious if there are any golf game fans here that have recommendations. I know there's Everybody's Golf on the PS side of things, but how are things looking on PC? How is PGA from EA these days? Is The Golf Club 2 a thing? I played the first back when it came out and it was fun but the epitome of jank.

Anyway, just have a hankering to hit some digital links.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
I don't think EA has released a golf game in around five years (the last one had Rory as the cover golfer). The Golf Club is in it's third version now, and while I haven't played it for a bit and only on Xbox, I think it is a pretty awesome game, jank and all.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
The Golf Club 2019 is probably you best bet, it's currently on sale in steam for 15 bucks.

If you get TGC 2019, should look into TGC Tours, it's easily the best way to compete versus other people.

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The pc golf landscape is bleak. The Golf Club gets worse with each iteration. I really miss Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear and Links.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think EA makes pga anymore at this point?
I have yet to find anything to fill this itch, but I have EG on PS4 for it at least.
"Golf it!" is a fun game on steam if you have people to play with but it's a bunch of crazy custom maps and not actual golf courses lol

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
Idk the answer to your question, but I do know Hot Shots Golf Fore on the PS2 is one of my favorite games of all time.

Everybody's Golf on PS4 is probably the most disappointing game I've played of all time

Deleted member 21996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Golf Club 2019 is probably you best bet, it's currently on sale in steam for 15 bucks.

If you get TGC 2019, should look into TGC Tours, it's easily the best way to compete versus other people.

I have the original TGC but skipped the sequel as it seemed like a tiny evolution both mechanically and graphically. Outside the inclusion of the PGA and better customisation what's new in this one? Tempted at £17.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there are 5 popular mini-golf games (mostly to play with friends) and around 0 popular normal-golf games.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
A weird genre to "go away". Would guess a proper golf game could be quite popular on PC. I'd take a new Links/PGA or NHL over a new Fifa any day.

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
That's a shame to hear, in what ways are they getting worse?

I'd give The Golf CLub 2019 a chance, I think it's easily the best entry in the series, and my favourite golf game of all time.

I think it helps if you're a fan of Golf in real life rather than as a video game though.

Also as MisterB_66 said, take a look at TGCTours, it's the best way to get that true tour feeling.

Jun 4, 2019
As a fan of real-life golf, I can also recommend The Golf Club 2019. It's a solid sim once you get the hang of it.

I'll also echo what others are saying about TGCTours. It's pretty cool to have a "World Ranking" and follow your score every week in relation to other players. The site also keeps track of all of your stats as well, which helps for improving certain areas of your game.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
I have the original TGC but skipped the sequel as it seemed like a tiny evolution both mechanically and graphically. Outside the inclusion of the PGA and better customisation what's new in this one? Tempted at £17.

I think the ball physics are the best in the series (though don't expect to play a true links along the ground like you would in real life), that's probably the main reason to get it.

Deleted member 21996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think the ball physics are the best in the series (though don't expect to play a true links along the ground like you would in real life), that's probably the main reason to get it.

Thanks. Thought the ball physics were pretty good in the first game, but lacking complexity. Terrain geometry and ball lies have a huge impact on ball behaviour in real life, but I guess this is time consuming and requires more processing power than current gen can afford to replicate.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like that last good EA PGA title was Tiger Woods 14 that closed out the 360/PS3 generation.

The game was absolutely stuffed to the rafters with courses, golfers, modes and gear to unlock. It was an incredible package.

Enter current gen and EA refreshed the franchise with Rory McIlroy on the cover and an absolutely anemic feature set of courses and game modes. Game was panned and EA never released another PGA title.

Freakin' shame as Tiger's last outing with 14 was the sendoff the series should have had.

I'd absolutely kill for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 on modern hardware. Don't even need a special "enhanced" package or anything. Just let me access and play the game on current machines.

Nov 2, 2017
Bump.

Wanted to revisit this thread since there was some good posts about PC golf games from before.

Had anyone played WGT (World Golf Tour) on PC? I gather it is one of the more popular "sims" on mobile but I have been enjoying my time with the installed version on my toaster PC (you can also play through a browser).

It seems there are numerous IAP pushes in WGT but that has not tampered with my enjoyment. Good for laid back, PC golfing. Anyone on ERA play? Also, any other PC golf games with checking out?

Edit: Just noticed that WGT Golf is on Steam, added as a free to play Early Access game on April 13, 2020 (!). I installed the version I'm playing from the WGT website but plan to check this out, likely the same version.

Last edited: