• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Recently replayed Pokémon Crystal and I must have had my Game Boy on mute when I first played through it because I'm sure this would have put me off VGM for life...

But yeah, the Resi DC basement music is the true answer

Alaxend0l

Dec 6, 2017
The First Half of "The Last Samba" from Katamari Damacy. The second half of the song is good, but the first half is literally ear-piercing for me. I have no idea how they thought ending one of the greatest soundtracks of all time with this song was a smart move.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Not the first 100 times you play, but after that, Crazy Taxi becomes laborious because of THAT song lol. You know the one

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I remember having trouble beating a level in JSRF and this song kept blaring driving me even more up the wall with anger.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017

Had to delete the game from ps3 because of the fucking loud song would play every time you scrolled through xmb.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Anyway, here's my candidate -- drove me insane both times I've played SS.

Recently replayed Pokémon Crystal and I must have had my Game Boy on mute when I first played through it because I'm sure this would have put me off VGM for life...

But yeah, the Resi DC basement music is the true answer

Believe it or not, that was adapted into orchestra!

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
I won't go for obviously bad like Crazy Bus or that track from Resident Evil. Rather, I'll pick an awful track from recent memory.

You are a bad person with bad taste and you should feel bad about yourself. That track is one of the best in Odyssey. In its normal form, it feels like a 60's Bond theme. In the retro form, it feels like the greatest Mega Man song we never got. Shame, SHAME on you! ;)

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Skyward Sword has some of the best individual tracks in the series, including the Main Theme. However, the most of the dungeon themes were garbage. This one was by far the worst.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
It's so bad. Really, most of the soundtrack is similarly awful, but the fact that the song plays CONSTANTLY on the overworld just really drags it into the spotlight.

I know it's tradition, but Christ, at least Uematsu knew to step away from FF when he started to feel burned out. Sugiyama is a racist piece of shit and he seems absolutely steadfast in never letting the series evolve until the day he dies, even if it means phoning his work in.

I despise this song too. If it was a mediocre song that blended into the background it'd be much more bearable, but it's always in your face screaming "EPIC" at you so you can never learn to tune it out. In particular, I really hate that sequence of repeated notes about 45 seconds in, absolutely maddening stuff.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
MAAAAAN there are some awful takes in this thread, what are you people trying to do to me?

Plenty of actual garb too (Devil Trigger is still bad), although I swear someone makes this thread every few months.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Holy shit as soon as I entered the thread I had a feeling what the post was going to be.

Absolute classic

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017

I'm not shitposting, and I understand that my feelings on the matter are unpopular. Lyrics turn me right off. I didn't like I am the Wind. I didn't like Jump Up Superstar at all, and I despise this.

I fucking hate this song.

As an aside in regards to that odyssey song (Steam Gardens), it's not bad but not great. If that's the best song in Odyssey, the Odyssey soundtrack is probably trash compared to Galaxy 1/2

Last edited:

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Somehow we got Katamari Damacy, Earthbound, The World Ends With You and Jet Set Radio in this thread. Lawdy, ya'll, it's like we're trying to come up the worst answers.

I will defend Xenoblade X's OST until the day I die. The NLA themes are dumb, but after 80 hours with that game I found them endearingly lame.

I think the part that I bolded is a really important distinction. Totally agreed on the Xenoblade X front -- though the game does have legitimate musical highs, the weird, poorly translated, ESL buttrock and hip-hop do have a dumb charm. Same as stuff like the F-Zero medley that was posted or (as an extreme example) laughably bad-good vocal tracks from latter-day Sonic games.

Thank you so much for this.

I highly doubt I will ever play a game with worse 'music' than this atrocity:

Having listened to at least a bit of everything posted so far (and there's lots of bad stuff here), I think this really has to take it. It honestly sounds like someone just banged on a keyboard and went with it -- makes me honestly suspect that someone was having a laugh. It hardly even fits most definitions of music.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I don't think Chrono Trigger's main battle theme is bad at all. Chrono Cross's is certainly perplexing, especially since there are other battle themes in the game that would have served far better.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I will defend Xenoblade X's OST until the day I die. The NLA themes are dumb, but after 80 hours with that game I found them endearingly lame.
I want to play that game someday but that's just too long. but are you saying the music is bad? Because you said "I will defend the OST" but then you also threw the music at the bus. I cant endure bad music in a long rpg again after DQX1. no sir, never again

Ceadeus

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
anything that has a singer. Like Devil May Cry for example, good god it's cheesy cringy.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm struggling to think of a worse song from a game I've played. Outside of Sonic Chronicles, I mean.

Every time I think of suggesting another game, it's more that it's just a song that's not to my tastes and I wouldn't consider that as criteria to call it bad. Just not for me. But that Sonic 4 track is bad at what it's trying to be

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I've put about 50 hours into Xenoblade X so far.

After awhile all of the "I can't hear you. I can't see you."s, the "YEAH"s and the "Uhh Uhh (uhh uhh)"s blend together into an indiscernible mush.
NLA really should've had a jukebox or something so I could rotate some different music in.

Anyway, here's my pick:

It's a fucking four second loop.

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
They really butchered a lot of the Crash soundtrack in the remake and I think a lot of fans will agree that N. Sane Trilogy's soundtrack is its worst aspect:

Original:

Remake:

One of Crash 2's Bonus stage themes in the remake is completely out of sync with the time signature as well. (listen to the marimba at 0:23):

It's actually amazing how bad they managed to screw it up

Having just listened to the last track for the first time, the syncopation of the marimba seems intentional. Could be wrong. I think it works, regardless.