• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
IBM Doors.

"Regularly" is kinda generous but that is AWFUL. Why does all IBM software have a tendency to suck so, so bad?
I dislike the ways Confluence and Jira are built and designed. I prefer to stay out of them as much as possible.
Every second spent in confluence makes me wish I was in Slack instead.

Honestly, email/skype only is probably better. My current employer doesn't use any other sort of chat solution.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
I still use iTunes, but only for purchasing TV shows( and movies occasionally) ...which I then add to my media server.....

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What year is your Focus? I used to work at a Ford dealership a few years ago and my job was to setup, fix, and teach people how to use the software in their cars. For me, it was pretty straight forward, so I'm not sure why people are having so much problems. It's not perfect, but it works.

2014. It takes a bunch of button presses and it has to be done every time I turn the car on. Also the menus are just really unintuitive, and there was literally nothing in the manual iirc.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
2014. It takes a bunch of button presses and it has to be done every time I turn the car on. Also the menus are just really unintuitive, and there was literally nothing in the manual iirc.

You don't have the package with the GPS, right? Do you have to reconnect your bluetooth every time? Cause that's really strange. Once it's connected, you don't need to mess around with it anymore. Yeah, occasionally it can lose connection, but that's pretty rare.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't have the package with the GPS, right? Do you have to reconnect your bluetooth every time? Cause that's really strange. Once it's connected, you don't need to mess around with it anymore. Yeah, occasionally it can lose connection, but that's pretty rare.

No gps. If I connect it and turn the car off and on I have to do the whole connection process again, which is at least 6 buttons deep in the menu.

Everything about the car is garbage honestly. The transmission is defective and the whole cars shudders and jumps around while I'm driving even though it's been replaced twice. (<50,000 miles) Even the horn has stopped working. I've genuinely thought about just pushing it into a body of water and forgetting it even happened.

Mar 3, 2019
Zbrush. It is contrary to almost all other 3D software packages in that it has a completely unintuitive ui and camera control system. It wasn't originally a 3D package but it explains why it's so strange. The fact they still haven't fixed it is kind boggiling.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
iTunes. If I could find an alternate media organizer that could import all of my playcounts, I would switch to it and uninstall iTunes in a heartbeat.

ExMachina

Oct 25, 2017
USA
We're still using Lotus IBM Notes at work (yeah, it's a nightmare). Not only is it just horribly old and outdated, but we've also got all these ugly and buggy custom apps/databases built with it.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also Microsoft Word. I've been using it since the 1980s, and I'll come close to a nervous breakdown trying to slightly alter the way things are laid out on the page.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
Also Microsoft Word. I've been using it since the 1980s, and I'll come close to a nervous breakdown trying to slightly alter the way things are laid out on the page.
That's because you aren't using Styles to format your document and probably are formatting everything manually.

That's the cause of every problem people have with Word. You need to use Styles.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
No gps. If I connect it and turn the car off and on I have to do the whole connection process again, which is at least 6 buttons deep in the menu.

Everything about the car is garbage honestly. The transmission is defective and the whole cars shudders and jumps around while I'm driving even though it's been replaced twice. (<50,000 miles) Even the horn has stopped working. I've genuinely thought about just pushing it into a body of water and forgetting it even happened.

Sounds like there's something wrong with your software as well. It's a 2014, time to get another car.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
DotNetNuke is the shittiest web-development tool I've ever seen. It probably came with a free copy of AOL Online.

Nilson

Nov 5, 2017
not really an answer, but helping someone else with their wordpress and trying to sort out all of their unupdated plug ins lol

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
My job doesn't ever really involve me using esoteric software (though I have done stuff on IBM/Lotus Notes in the past, which would be my answer) and I try to avoid this when I can, so my answer is Microsoft Word. I swear they needlessly change shit around every update and it takes me years to adapt.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
Sharepoint.

Is just hot garbage. Certain things can only be done using IE for some reason, and it has a horrible performance.
God Damn Fucking

JIIIIIRRRRRAAAAA

I really like both of these. 🥺

Sharepoint I hated for a long time, but once I figured out how to tame it, my opinion changed completely. Of course I then switched jobs to a place that uses Confluence exclusively, which has nothing on Sharepoint.

As for JIRA, I contend it's only user unfriendly because it's SO flexible and customizable. No one ever walks into a "fresh" JIRA instance--you're always thrown into the deep end with some configuration that's got years of tweaking in it, with no access to the tribal knowledge of how it got that way.

My answer here is actually Slack--it's main target seems to be large, complex orgs, but I feel like it falls over in exactly that instance. Ensuring people use it in a consistent way, managing notification, switching between workspaces, etc. is kind of a huge mess. It just degrades into DM (and worse, group DM) hell for almost everyone.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Yeah, it's gotta be trying to play music in my car from my phone. Doesn't matter whether I connect through USB or Bluetooth, it's gonna have problems. Over USB, it likes to just randomly stop playing, sometimes in the middle of a song, sometimes between songs, it just stops for no good reason. And over Bluetooth, it likes to turn on shuffle play when I'm trying to play a whole album all the way through. Doesn't matter whether I try to disable shuffling through my car's interface or the phone's; it always wants to turn it back on. It is infuriating.

Oct 28, 2017
My work insists on some 90s ass software called LISTEN to handle all of our documentation efforts

I have never been so excited to move onto Salesforce in my life.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Salesforce lightning sucks. It's mind boggling how slow and unresponsive it can get.

Salesforce classic ran much faster, but it didn't have the best UI experience. I'd take the performance.

Deleted member 69573

Banned
May 17, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
As for JIRA, I contend it's only user unfriendly because it's SO flexible and customizable. No one ever walks into a "fresh" JIRA instance--you're always thrown into the deep end with some configuration that's got years of tweaking in it, with no access to the tribal knowledge of how it got that way.

My answer here is actually Slack--it's main target seems to be large, complex orgs, but I feel like it falls over in exactly that instance. Ensuring people use it in a consistent way, managing notification, switching between workspaces, etc. is kind of a huge mess. It just degrades into DM (and worse, group DM) hell for almost everyone.

I used to think the same re JIRA, but after having used Clickup for the last year, its 100% stockholm syndrome talking. JIRA is ok in that it does what its designed for, but its interface is really laggy and a pain to manage + lots of inconsistent ui patterns.

I wouldn't dream of using it for a personal project because its such a pain in the arse to set up, but i've got like 2 personal Clickup boards going and its great.

Cant agree with slack either lol, but might be because ive been using it for years and years and used to it.

Last edited:

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
We have a software for our hourly employees to clock in called Workmax. Looks like it never went past the proof of concept stage and they just shit it out.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Jira has already been mentioned multiple times that was my immediate thought 😂
What I came here to say, but I think I have Stockholm syndrome with it now as my captor.

Perforce isn't my fave either. And basically all of SFDC sucks ass and lightning didn't make it any better.

Last edited:

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
The problem with customizable platforms is when the people customizing it stuck at it.

I have seen good versions of Jira and Confluence. Once. Every other time it has been bad.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Me after someone on the first page mentioned software made by my company, but not the software I work on.

elKIxdG.gif

For me, probably Skype, although I use it less and less these days.