• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most powerful Force feat in the films?

• Throwing senate pods

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Force Projection

Votes: 133 34.3%
  • Force Drain+Rejuvenation

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Teleporting objects through the force

Votes: 45 11.6%
  • Force Storm

Votes: 70 18.0%
  • Bringing someone back to life at the cost of one's self

Votes: 45 11.6%
  • 360 spin with demonic sith yelling, capable of mowing down the most powerful Jedi

Votes: 85 21.9%

• Total voters

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Obi-Wan making a death stick dealer rethink his life. He did in seconds what Luke Skywalker and others struggled to make others do in entire trilogies.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Definitely Force projection.

You've got to think about how big space really is. Luke projected a perfect image of himself over light years. He was conscious, present, and able to react in real time -- all from a distant planet. It's the ultimate embodiment of the mind over matter philosophy that Yoda taught him. In that moment on Krait, Luke became the Jedi master.

How appropriate that the greatest feat of Force mastery was not an attack, but a way to reconnect with family and defeat a hateful threat without violence. Thematically, it's the perfect coda for the last of the old Jedi.

Last edited:

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere between intergalactic Force Projection, and whatever Force bond voodoo in Ep IX allowed for matter transference.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
It is so situational and has no real use outside of what it was created for in TLJ
The price being death makes it less useful in the situation it is useful in.
Rey's is seemingly much more powerful with actual teleportation involved.

It would be high tier without the cost being death.
As is, even Ezra's Force animal connection is way more valuable.

If Luke's ability would have allowed him the possibility of physically defeating Ben then possibly the death trade off is worth it.

No, what he accomplished was worth it. Until JJ blew it, of course. But projection has tons of uses in a short range scenario. And it wasn't created for TLJ.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Potential wise it's the object teleportation between rey and kylo. Way more impressive than luke's force projection, actual MATTER being transferred.

Practically used it was palp's force storm

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the same at all, and just projection killed luke in minutes, whereas kylo and rey were fine, so....no
Kylo and Rey were fine because Rey teleported a lightsaber, not herself. It's definitely the same power.

Hell, Sheev teleporting his soul from the Death Star shaft to the Exagol clone body is also the same power.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bP2kasF.gif

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
As far as power output is concerned it's Palpatine's Force Storm. It spread over an immense area and selectively disabled thousands of ships. Which seems nonsensical but they did say they brought more with us than there are of them, so yeah tousands.

Oct 25, 2017
No, what he accomplished was worth it.
In the situation created for the ability it worked.
But in the general context it made Luke a flashy distraction that last a few minutes and then killed him.

If Luke had used it against any less stupid enemy they could have just ignored Luke's projection entirely.

Its Star Wars, you can travel across the galaxy quickly and communicate across it with little effort.
a 1shot projection doesn't have great use imo.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
The full body projection was a great power thematically, perfect for Luke and the ideal version of a jedi, it was great for that specific situation in dealing with Kylo who would be super susceptible to being tricked cause he loses his mind when it comes to Luke.

When you're talking about straight up power and practical usage it sure ain't what I would want, it freaking kills you for a momentary distraction. When it comes to powers that can kill you then Ben bringing Rey back to life is the biggest feat, Ben accomplished what millenia of Sith couldn't despite all their efforts, he did the impossible. Taking the force projection and Rey/Ben's teleportion as all one power than it does get a lot better but the lesser forms of it I don't feel are more impressive than Sheev's force storm.

Thinking about it more the force ghost technique is probably the most powerful all things considered, you become an immortal, teleporting, lightning conjuring being of force energy who can still physically interact with the world. The only thing stopping them from solving every thing is the plot cause they refuse to impose any kind of limits on what the ghosts can do.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Definitely Force projection.

You've got to think about how big space really is. Luke projected a perfect image of himself over light years. He was conscious, present, and able to react in real time -- all from a distant planet. It's the ultimate embodiment of the mind over matter philosophy that Yoda taught him. In that moment on Krait, Luke became the Jedi master.

How appropriate that the greatest feat of Force mastery was not an attack, but a way to reconnect with family and defeat a hateful threat without violence. Thematically, it's the perfect coda for the last of the old Jedi.

This franchise really didn't deserve Rian Johnson.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wasnt the Force Storm like fucking huge?
Like it spread across a couple city sized ships?....Need to rewatch that shit.

It def is the most impressive thing ive seen in Star Wars.

Next is probably whatever the hell power it was that Rey and Kylo were using to get shit from one end of the galaxy to other instantaneously......keep training with shit and force teleportation should be possible right?

And Teleportation is one of my favorite powers period so im kinda biased.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
The Force storm was destroying an entire fleet. That seems more powerful than anything else we've seen in the films. That's the most outward power we've ever seen. Luke's Force projection is the most power we've ever seen put into something.

Obi-Wan making a death stick dealer rethink his life. He did in seconds what Luke Skywalker and others struggled to make others do in entire trilogies.

If he really did make himself a better man after that, did he change his name? It seems like having the last name "Sleazebaggano" would be a hindrance to trying to convince people that you've turned your life around.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
The Force storm was destroying an entire fleet. That seems more powerful than anything else we've seen in the films. That's the most outward power we've ever seen. Luke's Force projection is the most power we've ever seen put into something.

If he really did make himself a better man after that, did he change his name? It seems like having the last name "Sleazebaggano" would be a hindrance to trying to convince people that you've turned your life around.

"Sleazebaggano?" lol, I see from google that that's his actual name.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
They're TLJ fans. They'll insist anything in that movie is better than anything else in any other Star Wars movie, especially a sequel they wanted to fail from the beginning because it wasn't written by Rian Johnson.
Man I have never put TLJ in any dang pedestal, and have disliked many things that it did, and yet I thought that seeing Luke force projecting a different form of himself across planets being one of the coolest things ever.

Besides anything that brings me more Reylo gets a nope from me so I deeply apologize for brushing away object teleportation.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Kylo Vs Rey on the Death Star was like watching two gods of the force fight it out tbh, so the fact that emp was able to effortlessly fuck them up with the force drain makes the force drain the most OP move imo

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was always weird that no matter how strong they were you could still get thrown around by the force. Palpatine is strong but the instant disabling he does or even Snoke at the time was constant. Even whatever his name was to Obi Wan in the PT.

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Force projection is almost useless next to physical teleportation of matter. It's like skype videocall vs beaming, one just has one hell of an advantage over the other in every single sense. That being said, all of that is too OP and pretty stupid.

That's a lot of (force) projecting, don't you think?
Nope, it's pretty spot-on tbh.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
The greatest Force feat is telepathy.

It's a setting with planet-destroying superweapons and FTL travel, in terms of raw physical feats nothing the Jedi can do is that impressive. The power to mess with someone's mind, though? That trumps an entire armada worth of spaceships and death stars. (So, essentially, another vote for Palpatine's "make you all stupid"-jutsu and Uncle Palpy's Storytime.)

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Moving objects across time and space by mere thought seems really fantastic to me. That's a lot more impressive to me than only projecting an image of oneself. I also think literally resurrecting people is insane.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I mean, force projection is what I'll say only because RoS was so videogame-y in it's force power levels that everything felt like bullshit. Like, teleporting object across space is arguably more powerful, but it was done with such ease that it was by accident, where-as projection cost luke his life. It's how it was presented that it was sold as an actually powerful thing and not just a level up skill tree.

EDIT: god damn RoS pisses me off so much. As someone who's always defended even the prequels (yes I know there's so much bad about them and other movies, but they're fun mostly), it's just so painful to watch.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"360 spin with demonic sith yelling, capable of mowing down the most powerful Jedi"

My vote :)))))))))

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
At the end of the day, it has to be force ghosts. Everything else pales in significance to the implications of that "ability".

From the list, its probably force storm. Everything else is very situational, but a force storm is most likely going to solve all your problems in most situations.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of (force) projecting, don't you think?

Not really. It kinda screams of "we never paid attention to Star Wars but we'll say everything in TLJ is breaking new ground anyway because it's our favourite movie".

When folks are busting out excerpts from novelisations to prove what Luke did in TLJ is just as impressive as what Rey and Ben did in ROS, you know they can't even accept that the finale of a trilogy would go one step crazier with superpowers than the rest of it.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not really. It kinda screams of "we never paid attention to Star Wars but we'll say everything in TLJ is breaking new ground anyway because it's our favourite movie".

When folks are busting out excerpts from novelisations to prove what Luke did in TLJ is just as impressive as what Rey and Ben did in ROS, you know they can't even accept that the finale of a trilogy would go one step crazier with superpowers than the rest of it.
I feel like both are equally impressive. I also don't think I quite follow what you're trying to say.