• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kizmah

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Nothing beats the reveal of Twilight Princess. It's the greatest E3 moment ever. That amazing Breath of the wild trailer came pretty close and as a trailer it's way better than that of TP. But the reveal itself, coming after the backlash of "kiddie" Wind Waker and finally fulfilling the promise of that legendary Gamecube tech demo, is the greatest hype moment in gaming for me.

"Before you leave I'd like you to step inside one more world for Nintendo Gamecube."

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No More Heroes trailers always bring the fucking hype. Travis Strikes Again's trailer/opening cinematic was one that I replayed so many times, but No More Heroes 2 takes the cake for me.

The roaring music (which would later turn out to be from the final boss!), the balls-out Suda patented cinematography, and Travis' vicious growl of "this isn't a battle anymore, this is a motherfucking war!" sends shivers down my spine every time.

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
There's that Breath of the Wild trailer but also, every GTA 5 trailer felt like a party when they were released.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
yo people, BOTW getting way more mentions than TP reveal in 2004 is just a friendly reminder:

you are old af lol

me too :(

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I imagine there will be a total of about three people that will agree with this, but the original reveal trailer for NieR: Automata back at E3 2015 was so unbelievably out of left field, to the point where it didn't feel real when you were watching it. Here is a true follow-up to a cult-classic that could not have been more unlikely to ever receive a sequel.

It was extremely exciting for fans of the original NieR. And they don't give any indication it was related to NieR in any way, not until you start seeing the various staff names come together, and even then it just seems coincidental. It's not until the melody from Song of the Ancients finally starts playing at 1:23 that you might be clued into what this game actually is.

As someone in the YouTube comments for this video put it:

Whoah...I got goosebumps watching that now. Thanks.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Not yet."

One of the best-edited game trailers of all time. The cut where the classic battlefield theme comes in is incredible.

"The following is all in-game footage"

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man the Halo 3 trailers were something else. Remember the bubble shield one? Or this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuRvqbNWwz4

I think, for variety and brevity of trailers, H3 may be one of the best.

The reveal trailer in particular, though. The mystery at the beginning, the reveal of the Chief, the scale of the landscape and that triumphant score... and it was opened by Bill Gates with a "oh, and one other thing..." iirc. Perfection.

stillwrapped

Banned
Aug 15, 2018
??
Gotta be MGS2 with Human Revolution close behind it.
I also really love the Assassins' Creed: Revelations one too

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
The one you linked in OP for sure. Whoever made that trailer and it's music need a goddarn raise and to be responsible for every Nintendo trailer from now on.

Runner-up was the first TP trailer, combination of hype teasing from Reggie, Conan music, return to a more acceptable art style*, and Miyamoto appearing afterwards with the replicas of the Hylia Shield and the Master Sword, with the audience going nuts. (*I was misguided back then, but with age, i saw the beauty of WW.)

"Hell, it's about time" - Starcraft 2

Oh, good choice! Yeah that's my third place. The wait was so long, and then this trailer. ^^

GalmLikePalm

Nov 29, 2017

Its why I don't mind the endless Death Stranding trailers. Even the act of waiting for this man's games is a joy.

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
Only three trailers really are to tier in my mind. Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild, and Sons of Liberty.
Honorable mention to the initial GameCube trailer with Zelda, Rogue squadron, the Mario demo.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017

This trailer will never not induce an intense feeling of saudade for the Metal Gear Solid 5 we'll never get.

I still like V a lot

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Don't think any trailer will ever top this one for me. I get chills when he does the dragon shout in this trailer to this day.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Smash Brawl First trailer with Snake

And Sonic Unleased Endless Posibility trailer the reason I brought a PS3

Even FF7R got me hype despite not being a game I will NOT play, is that good

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FF Versus XIII, FF Versus XIII turning into XV trailer, Kingdom Hearts 3, and FF VII Remake.

Oct 28, 2017
MGS2 E3 2000. E3 attendees that year couldn't take their eyes off it as it played throughout the show.

FrayedWickedBrocketdeer-max-1mb.gif

Lots of great footage here from that year's E3.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
MGS? God of War? BotW? Pfff, move aside for Leviathan: Warships... and get your lube ready.

Ship just got real !

Feb 10, 2018
For me

Zelda tlp, metal gear 2, GTA SA, vice City, mgs3, MGS4, cyberpunk 2077, GTA4 are also up there.

But now I can see hyperbole and understand the limits of tech, so I don't get as hyped.

Last edited: