• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I booted up Geometry Wars 2 this weekend and ended up getting sucked back into the high score chase with my friends' very old scores. I also had a great time back during Pinball FX2 chasing scores. A great time to play with leaderboards. Lastly, once we had a group of people trying to place first in The Club (of all games...) and that also triggered some fond-ass memories.

What about you? Ever get in a high score battle and love the shit out of it?

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
Off the top of my mind:

There was some serious competition with Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 (and sometime still there still is).

More recently, I loved challenging friends to beat my lap-times in Driveclub.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason I'm good at Guitar Hero is because a friend and I were constantly trying to beat each other's scores until we were both just getting 100% on expert.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
sddefault.jpg

brendeth

Apr 3, 2019
AUS
Resident Evil 4 Mercenaries with a cousin and friends. We were just taking turning to see who could score the highest in each stage. It was a blast.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
On both WipEout HD and Outrun Online Arcade my housemate and myself both managed to break into some of the top ten leaderboards due to getting competitive with each other. We still have a go now and then just to see!

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Geometry Wars 2 was a huge game we played years ago that kept us up late. I don't know how we got so hooked on it. Nothing else has even come close.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
So it's not exactly a high score but I'm willing to bet so many people out there passed the controller with Grand Theft Auto. I recall playing with a bunch of friends trying to make this odd jump on a staircase with a scooter in Vice City. Someone how, one of use flew on the damn thing and landed on the ground, we couldn't find the scooter until BAM it fell from the damn sky. That or seeing who could survive the longest with six stars.