• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Spent 500-600 recently but can I ask what the appeal to those pants is? They look ugly as sin in terms of style unless you're going to war using paintball.

Barguzin

Banned
Apr 21, 2022
Clicked thread expecting Acronym, yup, it's Acronym.

Eheheheh.

Seriously though, can't fault you, it's sick stuff.

I think there's technical wear that's way more humble and wearable these days though for a fraction of the price [CAYL, Nanamica, Meanswhile, CCP to name a few].

Acronym sells well for a reason though, it's "intense", amazing stuff.

I spent a solid 12 years wearing more "intensely" designed designers, just got tired of the attention it drew so I veer towards the more discreet / humble stuff now [both personally, and professionally - meaning what I wear, and what I sell].

Either way, great trousers OP, I'm sure you'll love them :)

edit: oh, and I guess to answer the OP's question - I've owned like $3200 CAD blazers from Carol Christian Poell, and $2,395 CAD blazers from Geoffrey B. Small, and various crazy expensive $2200 CAD boots and $3600 CAD shoes from brands like m_moria and stuff...

Needless to say, I don't wear stuff like that anymore, I get more wear out of Made in USA New Balance, Hoka, Salomon Advanced, and fairly priced and super well made Japanese and South Korean workwear / technical brands these days.

'Intense'? Ive seen tennis balls with more edge than those lol

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I bought an Overland Trading Company sheepskin jacket for $2400 a year ago. At the time I had such buyer's remorse. But now it's my go to jacket and I get a ton of compliments whenever I wear it so in the end, I'm definitely happy with it.

I've got one of these too. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a massive suitcase so I can haul it out with me to Wyoming this fall. It's the warmest thing I own by far.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll be honest the trousers look cheap as fuck given their price. I'd have assumed they cost 20 or so on a market and it looks like they manufactured them for a fraction of that. I'll triple digits for good materials like real leather but 4 digits for these I don't really get the appeal. Glad you're happy with them though OP, kinda sounds like you're hesitant though and at that price, you wanna be real sure about it.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I understand clothes being expensive if it's for a good reason, that they're sustainably made and cruelty-free. Manufactured in the same country.

CardsFall

Jul 31, 2021
Probably an NFL or NHL jersey. Few hundred bucks. I'm not a frugal person but I've never been able to embrace paying much for fabric sewn together. It's clearance and discount clothes for me usually.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
$700 or so for a suit, but I needed a French cuffed shirt, tie, and so on to go with it so it worked out to be a little more.

$400 for a nice sport coat.

$300 or so for a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers.

$280 (uh, I think) for a pair of Jordan's on StockX.

$180 for a pair of Specialized Recon 3.0 MTB shoes.

These were all really spaced out too, they were a once a year kind of purchase. But they're the top five.

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I buy faherty pants and stuff usually around 150 a piece. Lasts long and great quality so it's worth it in my opinion.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
I don't think I've ever spent more than $100 for a single piece of clothing. I suppose I'm frugal or cheap.

But if this is your passion then more power to you. Don't let anyone tell you how to spend your money.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
One of my jackets was around 250.

That's far and away the single-most expensive piece of clothing I own (other than my suit). Maybe second-most is 90-100 for a button-up shirt that I mostly restrict to wearing out to parties or dinners.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I've been thinking the past year that instead of buying a ton of other things to try and replicate the look, why not just get the actual thing since in the long run, it will be less wasteful than having other things I won't wear as often? This is the same with a lot of other stuff I bought before but was too worried using more money to get something better like bags, laptops, cameras (I always got APS-C cameras/lenses before but my end game was to get into the full frame system).
Bingo. I've always wanted to get into CDG and Yohji, have a few pieces.

Little point in buying imitations when you can save up and get the real deal, especially in your situation where these inspired pieces didn't fill the hole.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
My wedding suit was roughly €2000. That was everything included though, so I wouldn't be able to break it down to individual items. And it definitely looked the part, to the point I couldn't wear it to any other weddings or I would steal the grooms shine.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I've spent stupid money on clothes including designer fitted pants, sport coats, suits, shirts and even a hundreds on simple accessories like belts and wallets but I guess I'm getting old because those pants I would regret purchasing instantly.

I guess it depends on what you are doing with them. Most of my shit I wear at work, wear for fine dining with my SO (lot less now), weddings, and other events, I guess I just don't make enough yet (hopefully) to justify $1000 cargo pants lol. I hope they fit well is all i gotta say, and take good care of them.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
I'll spend a good chunk of change on shoes, boots, or jackets (these all serve a functional purpose and cheap ones are just not built as well as more expensive ones), but Most of my shirts pants and everything else are purchased from Target or Old Navy. Occasionally will splurge on a nice pair of Levi's for… $60.

I am about to buy a suit for my wedding in September which will cost around $400, but that's multiple pieces and will be the suit I wear to all weddings going forward so seems like a sound spend.

Bio-Frost

Nov 6, 2017
Bend
I own a few Bape hoodies that were $500ish each and an offwhite belt that was $275. Otherwise its normal prices for things

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Suit.

I don't remember the price, but close to 1000 bucks.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
imported japanese video game t-shirts
although most of the price are various fees related to shipping

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
I mean those pictures don't even look great.

Someone needs to link that guy to that era butt thread.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Those pants are really cool!!! As long as you wear them and don't get rid of them in like 6 months I have zero issue with it. I think that style of clothing is pretty cool.

I've bought more expensive costumes before, so the most expensive piece of actual clothing was my wedding dress at $250. It was organic cotton and it was lovely.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Approx $125 for a pair of brand new steel toe engineer boots. Thems was 1986 dollars, today would be $320.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
no offense op but if im spending a lot of cheddar on clothes i'd want them to look like what they cost

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
£645 on a coat back in 2012. I guess my suit and suit trousers cost more at £1000, but technically 2 items.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I think about £200-£300 on a double layered Northface jacket and coat that you could wear separately or fasten together and wear both.

Worth every penny, had it about 4 years and it's still in tip top condition with no issues. My previous coat was in a right state after 4-5 years.

Edit: those pants make you look like you're about to embark on a highly covert mission to do some plumbing OP. A grand?!

Last edited:

Keio

Nov 5, 2017
4 000 EUR on a Tom Ford dinner jacket. It's awesome and something to last a lifetime.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
First thing I think of when I see those pants is that episode of Seinfeld when George buys a suit that makes a "woosh" sound when he walks. The fabric looks like it would be noisy when walking.

$250 peacoat for me. $200 hiking boots

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The most expensive thing? Probably a pair of dress shoes. Allen Edmonds, probably cost around $300 and I got them in 2017 I think.

Zero signs of falling apart or anything and still the primary dress shoes I wear. Probably need to buff/polish them sometime soon though.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Outside of a suit (few hundred a couple of years ago), I think around $200 for the 007 No Time to Die Adidas shoes.

I never buy expensive clothes otherwise.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Just spent £1400 on a wedding suit, but I guess technically that's 3 items. Hopefully I can get more use out of it after the big day though. Previously it would have been about £80 on a coat so this is waaaaaay out of character for me.

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
I work outside and replace my boots for around 2-300 dollars every few years, but we get a slight reimbursement for them.

My most expensive/regretful clothing item is a heavy duty Marmot down jacket that I can never wear because I live in California, which was about 300 dollars at the time after a store discount from a job I worked.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
$120+ for Steel toe boots

Few hundred on Air Force uniform including alterations.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Those pants aren't my thing, but I spent $5k on this so I am in no position to criticize anybody lmao:

115984-540d20bfb7c5225f10874332a18214b3.jpg

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
I'm sorry but cargo/tecwear is trendy as fuck and in 2 years time you will not bat an eye at this investment. Buy expensive clothes? Make sure they are timeless.

Due to phrasing I want to followup. Are you saying they are unlikely to be in style within two years and therefore it is a bad investment? The you will not bat an eye makes it seem pro purchase but the end seems negative purchase.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I spent about $250 for some john elliot sweatpants. Well worth it since they've lasted years but at the time i had huge buyers remorse lol