• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 44122

resident evil re verse, no idea what they were thinking with that art style/filter

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
That weird Calico cat game. i understand the intention of presenting diverse body type but the artworksis cringey at best, and the game itself is ugly AF. How the heck did it went to even be promoted on an official Nintendo video announcement?

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I hate to bring it up because of the writer, but that furry game announced at the ps5 event.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Character art in Immortals Fenyx Rising. Shame because the game is otherwise quite good looking.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Everything listed so far plus Fortnite

Reverse doesn't look bad though

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Control. So much ugly "dithering", if that's the right word for it. It looks ugly and grainy a lot of the time, despite doing technically impressive stuff.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Pokemon Sword
81-QH2Lyy4L._SL1500_.jpg

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
top banana

in this day and age, people really need to try hard (like drawn to death) to do something hideous in my opinion. even lazy asset reuses and stuff like life of black tiger, it doesnt REALLY look horrendous, but maybe that's just my old ass atari mind playing tricks with my brain

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon Sword/Shield. Everything about the game visually feels so budget. The shitty backgrounds, the lack of animations,

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection.

My heart goes out to Capcom for the leak they suffered, but...woof, that reveal trailer has not done it any favours.

Oct 26, 2017
Final Fantasy 15 Pocket Edition. What an absolute joke.

Giraffe and Annika also. Trash character movement animation and reeks of shoe string budget. Why did NISA pick this up again?

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
God of War 2018, just some real sloppy PS2-tier graphics.
Edit: /s

Last edited:

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
There was this e-shop game, I can't remember the game's name but it played like Legend of Dragoon.

but the art was terrible and kinda nauseating

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Probably Jump Force. People like to throw around the term "asset store game" for whatever they don't like the look of but Jump Force truly looks like a game made primarily using assets with conflicting styles and shading.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Bravely Default 2, the way the models look are actively putting me off the game even though I liked the original and Bravely Second.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I didn't really like how Bloodstained looked. It felt...I dunno, kinda cheap? And some of the areas were pretty uneven visually as well.

Probably Jump Force. People like to throw around the term "asset store game" for whatever they don't like the look of but Jump Force truly looks like a game made primarily using assets with conflicting styles and shading.
Yeah. Some of those character models were straight-up hideous. The style of that game just didn't work at all.

Deleted member 25834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Pokemon Sword/Shield.

The game downright looks like a bad mobile game and the repetitive animations didn't do it any favours.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Valheim. Saw it mentioned here and it was on the Steam frontpage for a few days. Decided to check out the store page and even the screenshots look bad. I'm really starting to wonder if the praise for it is an elaborate ruse.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah Jump Force gets my vote, the general look of the game is just wrong.

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
Probably that upcoming remake of Monster World 4. Though the most recent trailer looked a bit better than the previous one had.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Dragon Quest 1-3 on Switch. I mean... how could anyone think this artstyle was a good idea?

And don't get me started on their framerate.

Bravely Default 2, the way the models look are actively putting me off the game even though I liked the original and Bravely Second.
Oh yes. These dead-eyed looking dolls seriously give me the creeps.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
You literally can't make Fenyx look like anything other than a soul-less Barbie doll.

Oh forget her, I just love the environments and lighting. Especially the vaults. It all comes together really well to me. Characters and enemies in general are not anything special. Game is a shit load of fun too so I'm currently high on it lol.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Jump Force, Bubsy 3D, Pokemon Sword/Shield, Final Fantasy 9 Remastered and most iOS ports of JRPGS