• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Ori and the Will of the Wisps and DOOM Eternal.

Some of the best games I've ever played. Ori was incredibly moving, and the gameplay is pure bliss. The latter also goes for DOOM, the former, ha, not so much.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn. Just running around in that world when nothing had started storywise yet still felt good.

Ngapekz

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Demon's Souls remake - I played the original but never got that far. I could not stop playing the remake. The game feels so much better at 60FPS and it's beautiful. I highly enjoyed it right to the end

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Played and finished Jedi Fallen Order recently and I really enjoyed it. Can be improved for sure, but I loved the different planets and the exploration

Ashweee

Oct 28, 2017
Bristol, UK
For me it's astros playroom, I can't remember the last time I played a game with such a massive smile on my face the whole time.

It's the prefect length, all of the nostalgia hits just right and the music is incredible.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla at the moment.. and I keep telling myself how fantastic and great and amazing the game is.

It's shaping up to be my favorite in the Ancient Trilogy.

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
Control. To this day, I'm still discovering new lore and secrets as I wander through the Oldest House. It's one of those games that gives you as much as you're willing to put in.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Galaxy for me as well. It was a replay through 3D All-Stars, but still. The game is timeless.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Half-Life: Alyx. The simple joy of opening a car door, leaning in and finding out that the horn works in virtual reality was hilarious.

Urðr

Aug 13, 2020
2020 had so many great games. The Last of Us 2 turned out to be even better than I expected and beat RE4 as my favorite game (after so many years). But now I'm playing through Persona 5 Royal, which is of a genre I really don't like, and it's so good that it's probably gonna beat TLOU2 nevertheless. Always that I'm playing games, I think of ways of how they could be improved in pacing, enemy placement, etc., but P5R is the only game I can think of as practically perfect. I can't believe I missed this game for so long.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
in recent memory...

13 Sentinels, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, TLOU2 and Persona 5 (not Royal, after a P5 replay soon after I was quick to realize that Royal's ending was not my cup of tea)

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima. There is so much beauty amongst the violence.

It's just fantastic from so many perspectives. The world design, the music, the directing - so much style, the peace and stillness, the combat, the joy of exploration... I could go on and on.

It has slight imperfections, but it's still a 10 for me.

May 10, 2019
Well I just finished Final Fantasy VII Remake a couple of days ago, and even almost 20 years of ambivalence towards the original (after beating it twice) couldn't stop me from considering what Square Enix pulled off as a top tier RPG and a top tier Final Fantasy game.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Ori and the Blind Forest. Played it before Christmas and couldn't quite believe I'd missed it until now.

My favourite game of last year, alongside RE2: Remake.

I'm saving Will of the Wisps as I know I'm going to absolutely love it.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
The last of us part 2 the most recent.

It (and RDR 2) have set the bar too high.

For example, straight after TLOU 2, I played Ghost of Tsushima and the first hour was jarring because the movement felt so gamey. However quickly started getting into it and loved it.

Also currently playing Cuphead. Fantastic game!

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - In 2018.

I knew it was gonna be special, but I was so surprised at how moved I was by the game. The story, world, characters, music, gameplay, exploration and landscapes. It just all came together so well.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
For new games, Desperados 3 i think is the latest one. The westerm mood, the quality of the gameplay, and the surprisingly great voice acting... it is a fantastic game. Difficult, but fantastic.
For older games... it's thematic... Hitman (2016).
For very old games... my avatar :P (sexy parodius)

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
VII Remake was the last game that truly floored me. Walking through the sector 5 slums felt like I was abroad visiting some new exciting area.

I actually think Dragon Quest XI which I also played this year, is the better game. But it didn't floor me like VII Remake.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Just happened for me with Astro's Playroom. Got the Platinum a couple days ago, and I never go for trophies/achievements in games let alone all of them. I just didn't want it to end.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Playing Monster Hunter World right now, it's my first game in the franchise and yeah, it's pretty fantastic.

Last one before that was Celeste, which might be one of my top 10 favorite games of all time.

Crax

May 21, 2018
I think Spider-Man 2018. None of the 2019 or 2020 games really did much for me. Maybe Astro's Playroom.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
13 Sentinels without a doubt. Incredible game from start to finish. It never felt like a chore and I had very little to complain about. I didn't feel like I had to rush through it or chase arbitrary numbers. Just fantastic all around.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
TLOU2 - I'm still thinking about it after all this time. Need to play it again and get that platinum.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Outer Wilds
Saga Scarlet Graces
Into the Breach

Each of those grabbed me in a way nothing else has in the passed few years.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Red Dead Redemption 2 still looks better than most next gen games. I can't believe what Rockstar pulled off. TLoU2 was amazing also.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
For 2020, it was Kentucky Route Zero, followed by The Last of Us Part II and Hades. Looking forward to seeing what 2021 brings!