• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Hades. That game is a joy. I'm beyond 20 heat for nearly all the weapons and still do runs just for fun.

I also felt that way about how control LOOKS. I didn't really care for how it played, but that game at 1440p, 60fps with rtx on high...absolutely stunning.

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
Outer Wilds (I only played it a couple months ago).
Still trying to find something in the same style that matches it. I started Subnautica (which is great), but there is far less focus on story.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I've played Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, and now Sekiro in the last month and a half, so it's been nonstop fantastic, with a few caveats.

Sekiro is still my favorite From game, though, and it's been a joy to re-adapt to its speed and fluidity after so much Souls.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Over the last 12+months
-Sekiro
-Doom Eternal
-Ori and the Will of the Wisps
-GoT
-TLOU2
-Hades

zyvorg

Oct 25, 2017
Prior to 10 hours in, I didn't even want to play it anymore but somewhere after the 10 hour mark Cyberpunk just clicked and I simply cant put it down (50 hours in), already planning a second playthrough when I have a better graphics card and its been patched a bit.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
Probably Red Dead 2. Richest open world game in recent memory. Like I've had a number of great experiences since then - Sekiro, most notably, but that's good in the way all recent FROM games are good - but nothing has been quite as satisfying. Shit's downright painterly.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Metroid: Zero Mission. Just beat it for the first time on my modded GBA. The controls are fantastic, it looks great on my backlit LCD screen, and it was really fun hunting down all the collectibles. Only disappointment was that the boss fights were all way too easy.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
13 Sentinels most recently. But BotW gets honorable mention as I'm still living off of that high even if I haven't touched it in years.

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake and Mario Odyssey are the last two off the top of my head that made me think 'what a great time I'm having with this'. Astro's Playroom just about gets in there as well for some of the awesome design it has and its utilisation of Dualsense as a perfect appetiser for a shiny new console.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
I was playing Genshin Impact last night, which I recently got back into, and was like... "damn..." It's just so beautiful.
Big same.
I'm very critical of it in some regards but overall It's the game I've put the most time into in years.

Previously it was probably Tales of Berseria or Dragon Quest Builders 2.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Hades, especially when I first reached Eurydice"s room and just chilled listening to the song for ages.

biscuit

Oct 31, 2017
The peeps that said 13 Sentinels and Donkey Kong Country 2... nice!
So many people saying Hades, gotta give it a shot.

For me it's been Pokemon Ultra Sun. Missed it back in the day, almost done with it now. It has some minor issues, but it's crafted with such love and care that I can't help but enjoy the hell out of it.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Nioh 2. Unlocked Dream of the Demon (or NG++, where each NG level represents a difficulty increase) and did a gauntlet style side-mission. I was panting when I finally defeated the last enemy and had to go outside to catch some fresh air. What a rush!

And on the chill, peaceful side of things there's Civilization 6. Transforming the world into a paradise and winning a culture victory with a clean emission sheet never gets old. Who needs coal when you can plant trees?

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing CrossCode right now and this is how I feel about it. The puzzles and fights continually impress me with how fun and inventive they are, and the game just keeps going.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Probably Astro's Playroom. Just pure joy.

But also so many others from the PS5's launch– Miles graphically blew me away and converted me into a Miles Morales fanboy, Demon's Souls runs so polished and smooth and Sackboy's Big Adventure is a delight too.

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
Titanfall 2 campaign for the fist time last week. Love it to bits, especially BT 7274 who is the sickest side-kick ever in an FPS. Also TLOU 2 when I played it last summer and Destiny 2 when I finally unlocked the solo flawless emblem in Prophecy Dungeon.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I went back and played Cuphead again late last year, and yeah, just terrific.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is definitely the most recent game.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Doesn't have to be a new game, or a game you never played before, but any game you played recently and thought what an incredible game it was. I got two, Final Fantasy 7 remake, and Mario Galaxy.

A bunch, recently.

Cyberpunk 2077, Control Ultimate Edition, Disco Elysium and I'm now I'm replaying Half-Life: Alyx which was my GOTY 2020.

Every one of them made me take step back and just think about how good they were.

Feels like a gaming golden age.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
This might be a weird answer, but...Fall Guys, probably?

Mainly just that I was shocked at how much fun I was having. I went into it with zero expectations and suddenly I couldn't stop.