• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Was talking about this with a coworker and kind of curious what some averages are. I've had to present at a bunch of conferences but thankfully most have been small. I think one that was like 4-600 was by far the most (terrifying) for me.

You 🤔 ?

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Uh, like 200-ish in a university lecture hall?

It had a happy ending too, because I never ever had to do anything like that ever again.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The entire customer service department in one of the companies I used to work for, that was about 50-60 people. I had to do this every week to show what my team was doing because I picked the short straw (we didn't have a team leader at that time).

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something like 800 people when I was my middle school student council president lol.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Err, I think like ~200 (a cinema) for a Q&A. Technical issues made it a little easier to be awkward which was good.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
It would be a few thousand. Not sure of the exact number though but probably at least 10k. Public speaking is a big part of my job

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I've done a bunch of PAX and GenCon panels, but nothing too huge. Maybe a couple hundred for one where Mike Pondsmith was also on the panel?

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
I was part of a presentation at G-fest just over a year ago for a game I'm working on. We were on right after... Akira Takarada I think it was or Shusuke Kaneko so we presented to an overly full conference room with people even sitting on the floors. It was a large conference room so I think it was maybe 1000 people or so (when we started anyway, some people did shuffle out after a bit).

I've never done public speaking prior to that outside of school where I failed every speech I've ever done so it was terrifying. It went over really well in the end though, or atleast it seemed so.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
I gave a 20 minutes speech not long ago for maybe 500 people. It was actually a great experience, the speech was supposed to use my own personal experience to inspire others. I was nervous but I gained a lot of confidence as a consequence, and people's reaction was great.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
About 150-200 or so at a friend's wedding (I was the best man). Outside of that, just usual school/college stuff in front of the classroom (15-30 people).

The best man speech had me so damn nervous. We had been drinking off and on all day though so I had a pretty good buzz to help me through it.

Ryhian

Jan 23, 2018
Probably 300ish. However, the worst for me (fear wise) has always been presentations in front of CEOs/CFOs/Leadership even if its only 10-15.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
i think somewhere between 700-1000 people. it was my high school graduation so it was all 300 students + their families as well as teachers and staff

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
2-300 people. Guest speaker at a games conference.

I do practice speaking in front of my cats every day so it comes naturally.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
i think somewhere between 700-1000 people. it was my high school graduation so it was all 300 students + their families as well as teachers and staff

Same. Had to give the closing speech. During the first part I almost went blank, but pictured in my mind my best friend laughing at me and kinda gave me the push I needed to pull through lol Thankfully it was like a second and no one noticed (I think)

Hooker

Oct 28, 2017
Of people? About 80 or so

Of how much in possible contracts that group of people represented? Billions.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I had to present briefly on a company-wide safety call with somewhere ~1000 people on it. That wasn't in person though, I wasn't that worried.

The biggest in-person audience would probably be my Senior Capstone project for my engineering degree. That was probably somewhere between 100-150 people but it was a group presentation.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
A combinaison of two classes while at school for a presentation. So 60 people or so.

But i was touted to perform in front 300 for a music recital when i was learning piano as a kid. Luckily, it was a duet with my pregnant teacher and she went into labor 3 days before. So our performance was scrapped and i avoided it, to my relief. I was shy as fuck at that time, so i was overstressed for months knowing i had to play piano in front of so many.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
It would have been between 2-3000 in person with however many on stream at a convention. It wasn't for long, I had some people with me to bounce off and I was kind of distracted because I got my corset strings caught on the rail as I went up and tightened that right up just before I got on stage XD

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Couple hundred at my BA graduation in a uni lecture hall. I did good I think. Held it together, got a laugh out of the audience.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
400+ weekly. I kinda miss it after classes went online. I love having that back and forth energy, plus i bring apples.

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
1000+

I work at a decent-sized Secondary school in Hong Kong.
It's hilarious that they all bow before me, while I'm up on stage, to say "thank you, Mr. Wright." lol

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
~4500, at a company meeting. I'm a weirdo and like to speak to an audience... I've married several friends of mine, presided over their weddings, and regularly present to our division at work (~800 or so). Plus the whole presentation in the all hands is super regimented, strictly controlled and reviewed by a dozen people for weeks. I was honestly way more nervous presenting to the senior teams than I am to the whole company.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Other than school stuff, I did do a mini interview on live TV probably to hundreds of thousands if not a million.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
If school counts, a thousand or so a couple times. I presented at our school ribbon cutting ceremony in 4th grade and gave a speech on TV as well, and also spoke at multiple HS pep rally things.

In my adult life, a couple hundred a few different times for work, and in front of a couple hundred at a few different weddings.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Just a classroom full of people for typical school/college stuff, which was likely less than 100 people.

Probably my largest crowd that wasn't a speech was in front of half of my high school. We were overcrowded, so it may have been around 400-700 people. It was a Christmas show and I played drums alongside a few teachers. I also did morning announcements for a bit.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
A full cinema theater introducing a short film I co-wrote. So I guess maybe 300?

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Probably around 400 at my high school graduation for my valedictorian speech.

I've also done a couple short interviews for local news in the past, so however many people watched those reports.