• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Ran through a glass window in the backdoor because I thought the door was open.

I was lucky, one of the big artery's in my arm did not get cut open, but it did hang out of my wrist. Doctor put it back in no problem lol. He gave me an inflated glove with a face on it afterwards

I was 8 btw.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Banged on a window in my primary school to stop two teenagers making out in the playground during a lesson. Put my hand right through the glass and cut my wrist up quite badly. Certainly not my finest moment.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Peed my pants in kindergarten because I was too afraid to ask to go to the restroom for some reason. Even at age 5 I felt stupid.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

One of the most nerve wracking things you can do to a kid. I think I was in pre school or kindergarten and distinctly remember asking multiple times if I could use the bathroom and the teacher kept saying "no, hold it we're doing blah blah blah". Well. Ended up shitting my pants because I couldn't hold it any longer. Fuck teachers like that man. You shouldn't do that to a kid. I'd go back in time rn and fight that lady if I could. Lol.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me too! I didn't mean to swallow it though. It was my lucky penny (Canadian so rare to me) and decided I would put it in my mouth for some reason. Managed to swallow it, not tell anyone at first and then freak out. Got stomach x-rays and my mom had to cut up my poop to make sure I passed it. Never found it so got more x-rays to make sure it was gone.

This is nearly a carbon copy of my story! Except for me it was just a normal UK penny.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
I literally dove into a kiddie pool that my parents had set up on our terrace.
Depth wasn't a well known concept to me at the time.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I took a car cigarette lighter and pressed it right to one of my thumbs.

Didn't tell my parents about it either, tore up a bunch of grass to try to soothe the pain.

Did this too... Smoke emitted as it burned the skin on my thumb and left a charred black imprint of the rings of the lighter on my thumb...

It didn't hurt initially but boy did it fucking hurt minutes later... Even having my thumb bathing in ice cold water was no relief...

That was really fucking dumb

Surprisingly I have no scarring.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I dyed my hair with Loreal or whatever when I was about 13/14 and it went ginger rather than blonde, I tried to tell everyone at school I'd done it deliberately lol

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK
Tried to back flip off a goal post, headbutted a concrete floor and split my eye brow open. Thankfully it didn't scar.

On top of that various skating accidents- I've broken almost all my fingers at some time because of it.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Once in sixth grade I was so anxious about going to school the next day that I swallowed a tablespoon of pure salt to induce vomiting so I could stay home sick.

I didn't come to realize I had a problem with anxiety till adulthood.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My favourite part of this thread is that no matter where we came from in life, where we're at or where we're going, we've all done some reeeeaaally dumb shit. And that connects us ❤

For my contribution, I concentrated a magnifying glass into the sharpest point I could and put my hand under it to see if it would burn. Still have the scar. Luckily I was next to the pool to relieve it.

Oct 27, 2017
I deliberately looked into a camera's flash from very close with eyes wide open. I was seeing red spots everywhere for hours.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I spent a weekend staying with a friend and went like 2 days without eating real food because I was too polite (and dumb) to tell their parents that I didn't like cheese. Mac N Cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, cheeseburgers, cheese on eggs...I found a way to pick over it and discretely throw it away.

I have no idea why I didn't just tell them I didn't like cheese. They were really nice.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Jumped into a canal in third world country practically. I was 7, caught a nasty infection I survived but I was sick for days or weeks o forget.

I went to a kids house, first day I met him. It was sixth grade. Kid proceeds to show me his gun and his uncles drug stash that he sells for him. Yea fuck that lol, avoided that asshole for the rest of year.

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
I deliberately looked into a camera's flash from very close with eyes wide open. I was seeing red spots everywhere for hours.

Me too. Several times. I was seeing a blue halo that was kinda cool, and it was disappearing after a few seconds. But I bumped the flash to the max, and then the blue halo wouldn't disappear. I got really scared, I thought I'd turn blind. Luckily it disappeared after a while.
I wonder how much better my eyesight would be if I hadn't done this.

WildZero

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland
I was burning little plastic power rangers figures to watch them melt & a bit dripped on my finger.
Had to wait for the melted plastic to cool down before I could peel it off, peeling off a layer of skin with it.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Pointing a laser pointer at my eye.
Multiple times.
Deliberately.

It's a miracle there was no damage done.

This too.
Multiple times.
And I placed a magnifying glass between the lamp and my eye one of those times.

My eyesight is still OK.

Jesus I was a stupid child.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
When I was 9 (1999) a friend and I tried to make a rocket out of a two liter bottle and some flammable liquids. It just caught on fire, fell over, and proceeded to start lighting everything on fire. I proceeded to freak out and just started stepping on every hotspot I could see. Went home with burnt legs and missing pants/shoes. My grandparents never found out. We were in an abandoned shopping center with high fences around it so the flames would have had a long time to spread before anyone noticed them had we just ran away. I could have been responsible for a major SoCal wildfire.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
When I was really little I drank motor oil (it was oil mixed with water in a huge barrel, I assume that is where my father put the car oil after an oil change) I was in my yard myself and an older kid were playing and I just ate a hoodsie. He them told me to put the cup in the mixture and drink it. I pretended to drink it. I did. He so no really drink it so I did. He then yelled that I drank motor oil. I had to be taken to the hospital in a police car. The only thing the did was have me drink 2 cups of milk.

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot. Stood on a rusty nail on a dismantled shed that came all the way through my shoe.

Got stuck on a train when I was only supposed to go one stop, but I couldn't open the door and ended up at an umanned station in a completely different county in a remote part of scotland.

Went into an abandoned iron foundry, tipped over several barrels of abandoned chemicals that formed a crazy black crusted surface but it suddenly collapsed and our crew all went about ten inches deep into some crazy glue like slime, which corroded through our boots after we jumped on it to test the crust's thickness and safety.

Decided for no good reason to step on the top step of a ladder, having already reached the shed roof and it was rotten, broke and I fell onto a metal spike, which went through my calf, and then my biddies panicked, put me in an abandoned stroller, pushed me to my house, rang the bell and ran away.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
From younger to older:
Put a pencil deep inside my nostril.

Would pour sand into my ear canal because it felt good.

(Both of these ended with the doctor basically telling me "what the fuck is wrong with you, kid", but to be fair, I was five or six)

Put both my thumbs on an iron to see what would happen (I must have been seven, no excuse for this one)

Countless totally avoidable bicycle crashes.

Made an account on the old place a few years back.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
In kindergarten there was this fun game I played where I jumped off things. It would hurt my ankles. Then I would do it again. I also enjoyed staring directly into the sun for extended periods of time. I sometimes ate weeds, because they tasted sour and I liked the sourness. In the 4th grade, I liked speeding down a long, steep road. A reasonably busy road, mind you, but I'm still alive. I've accidentally shocked myself a few times, because I was too lazy to remove appliances correctly. That's about it.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
I had fun jumping from the top of a bunk bed to the single bed on the other side of the room, until I split my head open on the window sill the bed was up against.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Lots. A big one was in primary school. Climbing frame, concrete floor, me thinking I could do a flip like the guys on telly. I'm told, cos I wasn't conscious, that I had an S shaped wrist, smashed all the left side of my head in, and damaged my left ear so badly that I'm mostly deaf in it. Also found out I went to hospital in a teachers car as no one bothered to call an ambulance. Different times, the 70's.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had this bamboo fishing rod I'd take when I went to the beach. For some reason, I was playing with it on the balcony, "fishing" imaginary stuff. So I hold it over my shoulder and throw it like I'd if I was fishing.
So of course the fish hook pierced and got lodged in my ear.