• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just rewatched the trailer and is he in a comatose state controlling some of those monsters, that's why he's being yelled at to wake up?

Probably far from it but he seems like a cool character.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I just rewatched the trailer and is he in a comatose state controlling some of those monsters, that's why he's being yelled at to wake up?

Probably far from it but he seems like a cool character.
He awakened Phoenix. People believe that these dominants can "turn" into an eikon.

It's hinted that Ifrit killed Phoenix, and therefore Joshua is dead.

PS: Joshua is also a reference to Vagrant Story's Joshua. He is also the son of a duke in this game

latest

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
He's just preoccupied with preparing for his turn to lead the Israelites..cut the man some slack.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
it's like jinchuuriki in Naruto manga, Joshua lost control of his tailed beast and transform into Phoenix, although in this case, Phoenix is beaten by even stronger summon, so ff16 main character Clive is telling Joshua to wake up and run away or something

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Looked like he turned or awakened into the Phoenix. The reason they are saying wake up is because they want him to take back control or turn back.

That's how I saw it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
He dead

More like getting killed by the monster (Ifrit).

Joshua is the phoenix.
Eh, iunno. My money is on the overarching plot being about putting Joshua out of his misery. Even if he's being brutalised in the cutscene we saw... It's Phoenix. He'll come back more powerful or will be fated to come back more powerful or whatever.

OP
OP
PS9

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think he is permanently dead. Seems a bit pointless to make the main character of your reveal trailer die at the beginning of the game.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Joshua is not the main chracter of the trailer or the game.

Its very possible he is dead.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
User banned (1 month): Sexualizing an underaged character
He would be a bro-con character to Clive.

Not that I would mind. 🤭

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's pretty clear that the in-game woman character we see, Rachel, wants to pursue him in a relationship but it looks like Joshua just got out of a serious relationship. They start engaging with each other based on clothes, but it's only clear once Rachel's friend (and former lover) gets engaged to his foreign girlfriend that she actually just wants to marry him to get back at her friend. So I would say there are many details about Joshua yet to be uncovered.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
My gut is telling me that Joshua is heavily monitored and controlled by the court to the detriment of his quality of life, and the added stress of the invasion causes him to summon both Eikons or, perhaps, become more in control of Ifrit instead. The screaming honestly sounds like it's being directed towards Ifrit, not an unconscious Joshua or Phoenix, because you hear the character actually yell "stop!"

OP
OP
PS9

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My gut is telling me that Joshua is heavily monitored and controlled by the court to the detriment of his quality of life, and the added stress of the invasion causes him to summon both Eikons or, perhaps, become more in control of Ifrit instead. The screaming honestly sounds like it's being directed towards Ifrit, not an unconscious Joshua or Phoenix, because you hear the character actually yell "stop!"
This is the kind of quality response I was hoping for - thank you. What you are suggesting makes sense.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of quality response I was hoping for - thank you. What you are suggesting makes sense.
I am unreasonably hype for the game at this point. Don't ask me why either lol; this would be my first Final Fantasy when I get my hands on it.

OP
OP
PS9

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am unreasonably hype for the game at this point. Don't ask me why either lol; this would be my first Final Fantasy when I get my hands on it.
I'm nearly the same way - Final Fantasy VII Remake this year was my 1st Final Fantasy. I just started XV today and it's great so I'm all aboard the XVI hype train haha