• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
Me?

When I was fourteen, I started an online hate movement against Sharon Osbourne via a vis a petition that garnered enough attention Jeanette Walls of MSNBC contacted me for an interview in her gossip of the week thing. I saw the email a day late.

Oct 25, 2017
There was a meteor shower when I was a kid and debris from it was peppering down on us while my family was out watching. Nobody believes me but my parents and brother who were there.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I was crazy lucky and was able to get my hands on a launch day Vita.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Two things, I snapped pictures on my DSLR of the Space Shuttle Endeavour on top of a parking structure as it was making it's tour in California. Five or six people came up to me to get the picture I took, giving me their email addresses so I could mail them the pictures.

Two: I was hanging onto a wall cliff on the chained areas of Angels Landing in Zion National Park (slight exaggeration, I was inclined and holding on to a cliff) while in the middle of what I would characterize as a Disneyland ride line.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
when i was young i was riding in a car and somebody cut my uncle off and made him swerve hard and the car went up on two wheels briefly and luckily for everybody inside didn't flip over and came back down without any damage.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Unbeknownst to me, a bone tumor had been growing inside my femur for who knows how long, and then one day it grew so large that it eventually put enough pressure on the walls of the bone, and burst out of the bone shattering my femur in the process like a newborn chick hatching from an egg.

When it initially happened the surgeons were afraid they had to amputate my leg, so it was certainly frightening to say the least.

OP
OP
MisterSnrub

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
I was crazy lucky and was able to get my hands on a launch day Vita.

This is the best one so far

Unbeknownst to me, a bone tumor had been growing inside my femur for who knows how long, and then one day it grew so large that it eventually put enough pressure on the walls of the bone, and burst out of the bone shattering my femur in the process like a newborn chick hatching from an egg.

When it initially happened the surgeons were afraid they had to amputate my leg, so it was certainly frightening to say the least.

That sounds horrific mate. Against my better judgement I kind of want to know what it looks like, though.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joe Torre gave me tickets to game 7 of the world series.

I don't know joe torre personally. Literally woke up to a phone call being like "Hey, want to go to game 7 of the world series?"

EIJqd_tXYAA5vCH

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I won a radio call-in contest for concert tickets from calling within the studio during a commercial break.

OP
OP
MisterSnrub

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
I have a runner-up I considered before going with the Sharon Osbourne thing

One time when I was in Cambodia I got wrestled to the ground and subsequently shaken down by a mixture of taxi drivers and policemen, apparently at random as I wandered past. I had some weed on me and they slapped the handcuffs on and forced me to sit and listen to my rights - ten years in a local jail, having to pay for an English speaking lawyer to fly over and represent me, etc etc. Mentally I was crumbling. I was just a travel bum, my parents were almost as broke as me. I dreaded my father's reaction. My then-girlfriend's friends showed up at precisely the right moment and began talking to them. I was in no condition to talk reasonably or coherently, as was the case for my ex. They managed to bargain a $300 bribe out of the policeman, which my ex had to pay (using my card) while they drove her (and her alone) to the nearest ATM. We were all very drunk and I can't remember why, but her friends disappeared off somewhere before this happened. So I sat and waited. At a certain point one of the cops gave me a beer and told me everything was going to be okay. We did a cheers with our cans.

Some forty minutes later, the police entourage returned with my ex and the money in tow. They removed my cuffs and off we went home.

I had a pretty quiet couple of days after that

OP
OP
MisterSnrub

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
After more than a handful of surgeries, doesn't really resemble a knee anymore, unfortunately, but hey, at least it's somewhat functional and, still there. :P

You have been warned.
4NFiBkm.jpg
Aw man, that's not so bad at all! If anything, it's a really gnarly scar. The knee does look a bit indented but the same can be said for one of my knuckles since I broke it, it's not a big deal

Edit: just to clarify that yes I do appreciate that a knee is worth about twenty knuckles and that I hope you aren't suffering serious mobility problems