• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
The PS5 launch is looking pretty strong in my opinion; even one particularly promising launch game is enough for me, but Demon's Souls and Spider-Man are both looking hot. Godfall is the only other launch title currently announced that really jumps out at me, and seeing the recent Combat Trailer running at 60FPS makes it look a LOT better than I thought it did before (but maybe that's just the irrational looming New Console hype).

Do we have any press previews or extended details about this game yet? I don't have enormously high expectations as long as it feels good to play and keeps me invested for a couple dozen hours, but I am worried about how much the mechanics will revolve around cool down based moves.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The devs surely love Reshade with saturation tuned to the max.

Anyway, combat looks boring with even more limited class variety. And they're all melee.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Era seems pretty down on it generally but I'm with you. Will be waiting for reviews before I commit as Demon's Souls and Mikes Morales will keep me busy anyway. Seems like a neat coop focused game to have on the side of larger games.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
That trailer looked solid, but it's crazy that for all the gameplay we've seen, it's all be heavily-cut little montage like things. I want to see the mission design and that type of thing.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Looks decent but not something i'm jumping to play. If it comes out to super high reviews I might change my mind and get it day one.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
The marketing, especially that awkard gamescom clip hasn't made it look great or interesting, but the combat trailer turned me around a bit.

I'll definitely check out the reviews/gameplay once it drops.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Initial impressions were bad, latest footage looks great visually. But it's not really the type of game for me.

It's free though if I'm not mistaken, so there's that.

Edit : nope just checked it's priced. Dunno why I thought it was f2p

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty excited for it, even though I know nothing about it. That combat trailer looked pretty sweet. And considering that other than Spider Man, the launch line up is very meh, I think I'll get it on launch.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
My knee-jerk thoughts:

It looks pretty but in a generic and kinda tasteless way. It'll probably score in the mid-70s and drop in price a lot shortly after release. For some mindless action it could be worth buying once it goes on deep discount.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
They've shown me so much of Godfall that I am entirely uninterested in it because I've seen so much of it. They've made that possible, I don't know how but they've managed to do so.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I like that it is colorful. I don't know if I want to play it though. Maybe a demo could convince me.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Launch game to a t. Im sure there maybe some fun to be had for some people but for me nah. I'm in no rush to play what looks to be a middling game when there are so many top tier games available I haven't played.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have a price yet? Depends on the price. And the loot. Looks like a good title to while away some time. Although, I'm not a big fan of that artstyle.

Edit: saw the post with the price above. $60.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Just reminds me of Too Human in a negative way.

Every time it was shown during the showcases, the forum issued a collective groan, so I don't think it's just me that's not feeling this one.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
There's no consensus to come to. They've shown a bunch of disjointed combat scenarios and absolutely nothing of what's supposed to drive the player to want to do that. There are too many questions.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I think despite the fact that they've had like 7 trailers and showings so far, we still don't know enough about the game. All they ever show is combat without UI. One of the recent showings had one of the devs trying to explain a lot of the details of how menus and skill trees work without actually showing them (you can imagine how ineffective that was). I'm still not even really sure what the high level gameplay loop is. If this was a super simple brawler, that'd be fine, but it's basically a character action RPG with loot and yet we've never seen a single menu or equip screen or story cutscene or etc etc. Personally, I think the combat looks like a lot of fun so I'm paying attention to it, but they need to explain it better.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Everything I've seen about this game comes off as a visually impressive tech demo someone is looking to put on Kickstarter.
Very curious to see what the game actually is.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I went kinda crazy with pre-orders yesterday, I've got Godfall pre-ordered even though I don't expect pretty much anything from it. If I get a visual spectacle with semi-good combat and an easy trophy list I'm going to enjoy it with some music on.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think it odd that Sony didn't have it in their latest showcase. It's a 3rd party launch exclusive. The latest trailer didn't look bad either

delete

Jul 4, 2019
Not for me unfortunately, probably wouldn't even pick it up if it came free with PS plus.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Don't really trust Gearbox/Pitchford

Not a single video of it has gotten me excited for the game.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
I would play Godfall, if the game is a PS+ title or free to play like Warframe at the start of last gen.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I'm curious but I've seen nothing other than shiny armor that attracts me to it. If I get a PS5 at launch I'll grab it and hopefully be really into it. If I have to wait several months for a PS5 though I'll probably pass on it entirely unless I hear or see something amazing leading into launch which I'm super skeptical will happen.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I am incredibly disinterested. I really dislike the plasticky action figure art direction and all of the combat we've seen has looked sort of weightless. Maybe if a bunch of people say it's good I'll give it a try, but it's doubtful.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I was very into this game when it was announced as i'm a loot game guy and borderlands is one of my favorites.
They've marketed it so absolutely horribly that i've since completely lost interest.
We haven't even seen the loot or the gameplay loop yet and that's literally what I care about in games like this.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like it's gonna be the Evolve of the new gen.
It will receive lots of awards and coverage, then die.