• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Still Alive or Still Alive?

• Still Alive (Mirror's Edge)

Votes: 164 49.0%
  • Still Alive (Portal)

Votes: 171 51.0%

• Total voters

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mirror's Edge version by a country mile. I used to love to listen to it while running (surprise).

The Portal track is funny when you hear it, but it's a total novelty song.

To vote for Portal is like saying Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer is better than Silent Night.

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
One got run into the ground by an internet that doesn't know when to stop while the other remains among the best gaming theme songs so I went with Mirror's Edge.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Mirror's Edge. I actually like it as a song, independent of the video game.

The Portal version is firmly entrenched in the memedom of its time for me.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
ME is a good song.

Portal is a fun video game song.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Still Alive (Portal) is a meme song that was funny once.

Still Alive (Mirror's Edge) is one of the best game theme songs of all time and damn maybe I gotta play Mirror's Edge again. Is it enhanced on Series X? I bet that game would look sweet with HDR

Oct 30, 2017
Mirror's Edge is one of the best games songs... every time I hear it I miss the series sooooo freaking muuuuuch :"-(((((

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I prefer Mirror's Edge as a song. Portal's is a much more important part of that game, and the game is much more important to it. Portal's Still Alive really leans on the game it's connected to. Mirror's Edge Still Alive stands alone.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Only one of them has its vocals enunciated in a way that I can understand.

So I voted for Portal.

Like two-thirds of the Mirror's Edge song I have no idea what is being sung. It's just sorta sounds flowing together that forms a congealed incoherent babble. Not a fan.

Last edited:

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Mirror's Edge hands down because its a legitimately great song, Portal is an annoying gamer meme.

Drakhyrr

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Portal's is an absolutely fantastic fit for the game, but for random listening, Mirror's Edge is much better, so that's my vote.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Mirror's Edge

It's a song I actually listen to and bought on iTunes when it was released.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Even without the memes, I have much more emotional attachment to the Portal song because it's attached to my playthrough of Portal, which was an incredible experience.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Me and my sister used to listen to the Mirror's Edge Teddybear remix on the way home from school all the time.

Yeah the Mirror's Edge one is best to listen to as an actual song.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I frickin' love that Mirror's Edge song so much. It's one of the most iconic things about that game. Just works so well within that world.

I definitely prefer the instrumental version though. The version with vocals has its merits, but is maybe a bit too mainstream pop for my tastes. Definitely works in the context of playing during the end credits at least.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't call either of them bad, but the Mirror's Edge one sounds pretty generic pop, so I'm giving it to Portal. I don't go out of my way to listen to either one, though.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
There'll never be a Mirror's Edge 3 and there's only not a Portal 3 because Valve suck, you figure it out

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Still Alive from Mirror's Edge sounds like a vaguely generic inoffensive pop song. Still Alive from Portal is a catchy but simple song that is genuinely funny in context. I wouldn't call either of them masterpieces, but I guess the ME song has a slight edge in technical song complexity, but that doesn't really matter imo.

The Portal song is way more iconic and serves its purpose in the game better as well as having done a much better job resonating with the general public 39 million views vs 9 million views (on its most popular video) on YouTube should be enough to show that one of those stuck in the minds of people much more strongly. I'd hazard a guess that when reading the topic title most people immediately thought of Portal until the OP reminded them the Mirror's Edge song existed and was named Still Alive.

It's gotta be Still Alive (Portal) by a mile for me.

A.M.

Community Resettler
You know what I mean.

or

Mirror's Edge.

That song holds a lot of meaning to me. I listened to it so many times when Mirror's Edge released... The lyrics, the emotion behind the singing, the beautiful melody, etc.

That song inspired (and still inspires me) and help me to survive a terrible period in my life.

It means so much and has a great deal of meaning to me. I hold it close to my heart.

It has such great meaning, that I'm getting Faith's tattoo around her eye and on her arm.

bf994d6ffdcae2565444cddfcc68043f.jpg