• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the best soulsborne game?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 66 7.1%
  • Dark Souls 1

Votes: 166 17.8%
  • Dark souls 2

Votes: 24 2.6%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 575 61.8%
  • Dark Souls 3

Votes: 100 10.7%

• Total voters

Kainé

Oct 26, 2017
We need to know what's the best soulsborne game in this forum. I know this question has been asked/answered a lot of times here, but as of today more people have played the games and quite a time has passed since the last thread.

So... whats the best soulsborne for you? If you want, you can explain here why you picked "option" in the poll as the best soulsborne game.

Every game includes it's definitive version.

edit: seems like I missed the word game in the title of the thread.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne is my favourite of the games listed in the poll.

Sekiro is just about my favourite FromSoftware game.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne easily.

It played it long after I was burned out on the series (I could only barely manage to finish DS3 out of disinterest) and just sucked me in the same way Demons Souls did so very long ago.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Souls 2 is my vote. There are many other Souls like games that are missing from this list though.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
DS3. It's the only one I completed, and it was hard to go back to the other games after it brought so much improvements to the series.

M4n

Oct 25, 2017
Leon, Spain
Bloodborne. The more oriented fast-paced combat thanks to regain system, its lore and specially atmosphere are just on another level. Best From game and also GOTG imho.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Dark Souls 3,it has the best realized gameplay of the series,best bosses,best soundtrack,best level design.

Bloodborne is my second favourite

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If BB had the performance of DS3 than maybe but still probably not. In addition to being the best playing game in the series just the shear variety in DS3 puts on today. Plus it has a pretty dedicated modding scene.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
No Sekiro no vote.

nah,as much as I love Sekiroit's missing to many staple mechanics to fit in. Sekiro is my fave from game, Dark Souls is my favorite souls game.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 2 > Demon's Souls

(Sekiro is better than all of them)

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Sekiro (if we're counting it; I do) > Dark Souls III > Dark Souls II

Haven't played Demon's, but I'm in for the remake.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
bloodborne, the base game is incredible and the old hunters is almost perfect. I put demon's souls a bit behind it as well

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls 2011 was the biggest accomplishment but Bloodborne and DaS3 were a bit better. DaS1 is my fav though.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always mildly surprised that Bloodborne is favored so heavily in threads like these. I liked it, but it didn't grab me the same way the rest of the games did.

For me it's Dark Souls (1) and likely always will be. Hundreds of hours in that game and it never gets old.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne clinches it. It's one of my favorite games of this gen period.

I like tiny bits of DS1 and DS3 more at times, but BB is the complete package.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I actually think I like Dark Souls 3 the most.

oDrkNjx.gif

Also, Slave Knight Gael is one of the most hype bosses.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The best? It's Bloodborne or Dark Souls 1, but my fav is still Dark Souls 2, problems and all.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
DS3 is still my favorite but that's because it was the first I was able to finally get into and I'll never forget finding the Smouldering Lake on my own. I like Bloodborne enough, but I have mixed feelings on the aesthetic. And I think I prefer the slower pace of Dark Souls more. For example, despite the shortcomings of DS2 (no hard bosses) I found that core exploration loop so damn satisfying.

Oct 24, 2019
Not every FromSoft game is a Soulsborne. Sekiro is missing almost all of the core mechanics that define them.

It changes up the formula a fair bit, but it's still very much in the family.

Emphasis on environmental story-telling, very difficult/awesome boss fights, resting at check points to restore your healing flask & reset mob enemies, grim subplots where basically every single character meets an unfortunate end, the presentation of items and boss healthbars and whatnot, using various consumables to power up your weapon against enemies that are susceptible to that element, etc. are all copy and pasted from the other Soulsborne games.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Bloodborne. Especially for the combat that to me was the most fun. So thats my favorite.

But Dark Souls 1 has probably the best level design and bosses. And Demon's Souls was very especial to me as it was my 1st experience with a souls game.

So yeah, there 3 souls game are very close to eachother in my favorite list.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
I chose DS3 because after replaying it I came to appreciate its boss design, WA and FP system more. Am a big fan of the level design and the bosses.

I probably would've picked BB but haven't played it in a while so I'm forgetting many of its details

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
I had to give it to Bloodborne, even though the play style the game is built around is the opposite of how I played all of the other Souls games. I was a sorcerer from Demon's Souls onward, zapping my way through the game and being incredibly cautious, attacking from a distance, and cheesing aboslutely everything possible. When Bloodbone came out I wasn't sure I was going to be able to actually play the game, but once it clicked for me (mostly; I still cannot parry to save my life) it was incredibly compelling. The cosmic horror themes, the fast paced combat - it's just perfect, especially when you include the amazing DLC. So, yeah, keep on fearing the Old Blood.

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
Demon's Souls for me. Mainly because of the lore and setting, the original boss desgins and weapons. A good balance between combat and exploration.

Bloodborne is second. Great game but always felt it like the second half is not as strong as the first (Byrgenwerth and after). Has the best DLC.

Dark Souls 3 is third. I like it. Most constant souls game but it loses a lot of originality at this point and it loses the balance between combat and exploration. Now there is an enemy at every corner and even more enemies above that corner. Most memorable bosses tho.

Dark Souls 1 is fourth. The second half is just meh and it loses a lot of the interconnectivity by the point you reach Anor Londo.

Dark Souls 2 is last. Good pvp and some areas are memorable but yeah that's about it.

However, Sekiro is my fav From game outside of Souls.