• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Red Dwarf series 1 & 2 - Really sets the scene for how alone they are in space, the size of the ship and then you get the lyical upbeat version at the end to cap it off. Genius.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
Dick Van Dyke Show, season 2 onwards (the s1 bongos are pretty fun, but just watching stills is boring)

Is Rob gonna trip over the ottoman? Sidestep it? Trip on one of Richie's toys? You don't know!

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Bojack horseman is perrrfffeect and stays in my head for hours

Edit - Ah I can't read - Sit com - Well whatever Bojacks intro rules

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, I forgot about Golden Girls.

Fresh Prince
Cheers
Golden Girls

Soooooo hard to choooooooose

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
lol, reading through the thread I changed my mind like 7 times or something.

I ended up on Red dwarf but it's impossible to choose really. There are a lot of great ones.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do have a soft spot for Drop The Dead Donkey's simply because it sets the scene very quickly.

This is it for me. One single shot and in 25 seconds you're introduced to the main cast, their jobs and their attitudes towards said jobs. It's a masterpiece.

Last edited:

WindUp

Oct 30, 2017
Fun fact, the parks and rec theme was originally meant to be / inspired by M79 by Vampire Weekend. They actually incorporate the final version into some of their shows.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
We needed a poll, my dear OP.

maxresdefault.jpg

I know you're already hearing the sound

WindUp

Oct 30, 2017

I'll admit the US one is a bit catchier but I think this one has a bit more of a sad feeling that better captures what the show is about. It feels like the notes at the end are trying to sound upbeat and happy but are not quite getting there.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

Oct 27, 2017
I came into this thread with some arrogance, thinking of Cheers and the Simpsons as the GOATs. But holy shit there are so many I've forgotten about that are just great.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I love Parks and Rec, it's one of my favorite shows ever, but the credits are too long and that song just gets annoying when you're tearing through episodes.

I like the simplicity of something like Curb or Schitt's Creek. Like a 3-5 second title sequence it all you should need, and then get to the funny bits, and have the credits roll over the opening bits if need be. LOST would be another good example of a title sequence in terms of drama's.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy Parks and Rec well enough, and I did like the theme. But it single-handedly ruined my last attempt to watch through the show. It is way too long, and way too loud relative to the rest of the show. It became absolutely insufferable. I can't stand the song now.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm sorry OP but you misspelled The IT Crowd in the title, I'm this close to fix your mistake!

Also, Silicon Valley deserves being mentioned:

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Scrolling through this thread made me realize I hate them all.

But shorter is better.

And shortest is best.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That extended fan version was a bit wonky sounding, but yeah the original intro is really good.

I also really like Arrested Development's intro.

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe no one has mentioned Welcome back, Kotter. Absolutely perfect.

And if we were to expand the criteria to non sitcoms, nothing even comes close to Twin Peaks.