• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Republic Commando is X enhanced, but I find it a bit plodding. Jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2) for me.

Agreed. Jedi Knight is great.

Dark Forces 1 is just an okay Doom clone. Jedi Knight II, I found to be a bit of a slog. But Jedi Knight was fun all the way through.

Bonus points to this series, though, for inventing the wacky sequel-naming tradition.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I'll throw my support in for Republic Commando, one of the few really good things to come out of the prequels.

DFII: Jedi Knight is also an acceptable answer though.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Definitely Dark Forces 2. I loved the level design, and force powers/light saber are implemented *just* enough to spice up gameplay without losing focus on actually being a FPS. And those live-action cut scenes! It really feels like classic Star Wars.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely Dark Forces 2. I loved the level design, and force powers/light saber are implemented *just* enough to spice up gameplay without losing focus on actually being a FPS. And those live-action cut scenes! It really feels like classic Star Wars.

Yep, the level design was so good in DF2. So many intricate nooks and crannies to explore. Loved the mp too, especially the maps with traps you could trigger. Never got tired of shutting off the force field on the star destroyer one that sucked other players out into space. Good times.