• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
My first thought was Colin McRae Rally 2.0, but a) I have played very few rally games since the PS2 era so I don't know how current ones stack up, and b) that's probably a lot of nostalgia clouding my judgement.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's certainly not a sim but my favorite rally game is easily Rallisport Challenge 2. Lots of track variety, weather effects, and a lovely driving model.

I would do unspeakable things for a PC release or XBone BC or whatever.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The original Dirt and Sega Rally 2 were my favorites, just the right amount of challenge without being frustrating.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Dirt Rally 2 for me. It manages to somehow improve over the already excellent Dirt 1, with great, unforgiving gameplay and an unparalleled sense of speed, and the daily and weekly events are a great.

Just about the only real drawback (other than the always online requirements) is the rather small amount of content, as well as the unnecessary inclusion of Rallycross. But it just feels so good to play that both of these are easy enough to forgive.

Oct 28, 2017
It might not be the most realistic rally, but the rally in gran turismo 3 has always been my favorite. Love Tahiti maze and Swiss alps courses.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
If you're looking to have more arcade-y fun DiRT 2 and SEGA Rally. If you're looking for realism, DiRT Rally 2.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Probably Dirt Rally or Rallisport Challenge 2 for me. Richard Burns Rally is just way too hard for my liking.
On the side note, Dirt Rally is the only game that ever makes nauseous in VR. I can dogfight in DCS or race in assetto corsa with no problem but all it takes is one bump in Dirt Rally to make me feel sick.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
For realism, I'd say Dirt Rally & Dirt Rally 2.0. Nothing comes close overall.
Sebastien Loeb Rally had the most realistic stages though.
Arcade would be Dirt 2, WRC7 & RS Challenge 2.