• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
I usually only play singleplayer games but today my girlfriend is coming over and I think it'd be nice to play something together. She is obsessed with Dota, but on consoles she has played and enjoyed Smash Bros Brawl, Zelda and Fire Emblem on a Wii she had. I'm okay with anything but I think something non competitive would be best.

Any recommendations?

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I recommend Nidhogg. I played a bunch of it with my gf and she found it really fun.
The second one is also out but I haven't played it yet.

Also, nice avatar!

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the games you play with your phone like knowledge is power are kinda cool for chill time. Forgot the name Sony gives to those games.

Thomasmaurits

Nov 7, 2017
Another vote for Overcooked, such an amazingly fun game. Start with 1 and get 2 once you've three starred every level.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jack Box party games, drawful 2 specifically. Quiplash and Triva Murder Party are also good.

Others - Overcooked, Tricky Towers, Towerfall Ascension, Sports with Friends (the weird pole vaulting 4 player game)

Just realised there are only two of you, Overcooked and Tricky Towers still apply.

blackrogue13

Nov 21, 2018
Until dawn
Whilst it's one player, you can take turns and then blame the other one for poor decisions.

Jan 4, 2018
Diablo 3. My partner really likes Overcooked but from what I hear it's a bit competitive. Haven't played it myself though.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
i-GMCPdvJ-2100x20000.jpg

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
For coop I'd go with over cooked 1/2 , diablo 3, Lara Croft and the curse of Osiris for starters
Rayman legends is the best coop platformer ever if y'all you're into that

Infinite Ukemi

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A Way Out.

It's a local multiplayer "cinematic experience" where you and your partner escape from prison.

There's a boat chase scene when each of you get an oar.