• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
... and why is it Less Than Hero?

It has "My Liege"
getyarn.io

Clobberella! Captain Yesterday! My liege. You're just in time.

Futurama (1999) - S05E06 clip with quote Clobberella! Captain Yesterday! My liege. You're just in time. Yarn is the best search for video clips by quote. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect...

It has "GOTCHA!"
hqdefaulthyj1d.jpg

It has the elephant that never forgets
TO KILL

It has
"Nine, ten, a big fat hen!
The name's Bender."

It has
"When you were a kid, what was your biggest fantasy?"
"To have parents."
"Whatever."

It has
"El zilcho? Is it too late to change my superhero name?"

And it has the New Justice Team theme song

I know there's more emotional dog stories or whatever but I'm drunk and just laughed tears at all this shit, sorry

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
not to sure, but i remember really liking Murder on the Planet Express

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Funniest?
Insane in the Mainframe
The laughs per minute are the highest in this episode. And it forever improved the number 56 for me, i love it

Best Overall?
Jurassic Bark
I have soft spot for animal stories

CabooseMiller

Apr 3, 2021
Luck of the Fryish hits especially hard with me since my older brother who I didn't always get along with passed away. The ending of that episode makes me weep every time so it's easily the best imo.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Brannigan Begin Again
There's just too many good lines from Zap in this one, his neutral hate, the girdle, the laundry brig, it just goes on.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a more interesting thread is the best episode that isn't Luck of the Fryish or Jurassic Bark, since everyone always picks those.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Horse:

The Honking

Such an absurd take on the werewolf myth that it became one of the best episodes imo.

Normal answer:

Roswell that Ends Well

True Answer:

The Late Phillip J Fry or The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings

Last edited:

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
The Farnsworth Parabox is one of my favorite episodes, but one problem I have with it is the Zoidbergs act somewhat out of character by being vindictive towards the others and taking the box. Fry and the Slurm Factory is a pretty great one as well. Idk there's too many good ones.

The sentimental ones are all great, of course.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Lucky of the Fryish I think is the best as it feels like less of an intentional body slam to the feels than Jurrasic Bark.
The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings comes close though.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm up to the movies on Disney Plus, slowly remembering them now. They shouldn't count right? Is this when they went to Comedy Central?

I like the one with Leela's parents looking out for her as she grew up, but Problem with Popplers is my all time fave.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
While not the best "Game of Tones" still fucking kills me so hard. Especially knowing my relationship with my mom and how I still miss her.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm up to the movies on Disney Plus, slowly remembering them now. They shouldn't count right? Is this when they went to Comedy Central?

I like the one with Leela's parents looking out for her as she grew up, but Problem with Popplers is my all time fave.
The first movie is alright. Has its moments, retcons some things like Seymour but it's funny, clever and heartfelt. The other 2 movies? Absolute trash. After that is the CC eps and they vary wildly in quality with poor writing and forced current event jokes

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
You can pick any episode from Season 4 and it's probably the best.
The Sting, Three Hundred Big Boys and Teenage Mutant Leela's Hurdles are 3 I particularly like.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Luck of the fryrish or jurrasic bark. They are the two I always show to people to get them into the show.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't choose a best. Amazon Women in the Mood, Roswell That Ends Well, Luck of the Fryrish and War is the H Word are all elite episodes for me.

and Fry and Slurm Factory.

OP
OP
Clown_im_OP

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
You're all right of course, because Futurama is the best animated show ever. Reading all those titles and watching some clips, I probably couldn't choose one either. The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings maybe.

But GOTCHA man
That's just so fucking funny

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
In addition to tugging the heartstrings, Luck of the Fryish is also one of the funniest episodes of the show.

162261.gif

Fry: That clover helped my rat fink brother steal my dream of going into space. Now I'll never get there.

Leela: You went there this morning for doughnuts.

1287352.gif

Trundl_e

Jan 30, 2021
I love Roswell that Ends Well. It's not trying to be poignant. It just spends the whole episode laying down the rules of time travel and having Fry completely ignore them in the end and it just works itself out lol.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I always like the fact that the show never skips over the tragedy that Fry being frozen (and thus deemed missing) had on his whole family.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I though we all had a meeting and decided it was "Luck of the Fryish." The UN even certified it. Incidentally I saw that episode first and assumed the show would always use that flashback structure.

I feel like a more interesting thread is the best episode that isn't Luck of the Fryish or Jurassic Bark, since everyone always picks those.

Pretty much, yeah. Outside of those it's "Godfellas" to me. I still quote it pretty constantly:

"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

"Look, you want false hope or not?"
"Only if you don't have any real hope."

"Maybe if I hug God real hard, he'll protect us from" (The village explodes.)

"This is, by a wide margin, the least likely thing that has ever happened."

"Let us out! We ate our shoes and now we're bored."

Dark Horse:

The Honking

Such an absurd take on the werewolf myth that it because one of the best episodes imo.

Normal answer:

Roswell that Ends Well

True Answer:

The Late Phillip J Fry or The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings

Devil's Hands is also amazing and agree that Honking is underrated.

Jakeobb

Jun 24, 2021
The devils hands are idle playthings and the sting are my favorites. Fry and leela episodes are the best. The original series finales ending still makes me feel ways

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The late Phillip j Fry.

"I thought you'd be late."
"That was the other Fry, he's dead."

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
... and why is it Less Than Hero?

It has "My Liege"
getyarn.io

Clobberella! Captain Yesterday! My liege. You're just in time.

Futurama (1999) - S05E06 clip with quote Clobberella! Captain Yesterday! My liege. You're just in time. Yarn is the best search for video clips by quote. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect...

It has "GOTCHA!"
hqdefaulthyj1d.jpg

It has the elephant that never forgets
TO KILL

It has
"Nine, ten, a big fat hen!
The name's Bender."

It has
"When you were a kid, what was your biggest fantasy?"
"To have parents."
"Whatever."

It has
"El zilcho? Is it too late to change my superhero name?"

And it has the New Justice Team theme song

I know there's more emotional dog stories or whatever but I'm drunk and just laughed tears at all this shit, sorry

• [the mayor has summoned the New Justice Team, and Fry, Leela and Bender have to leave to get into costume]

Turanga Leela : Oh, I completely forgot, I left my apartment on fire!

[leaves]

Bender : And have to take my LSATs!

[leaves]

Fry : And I can't take life anymore!

[jumps out window]