• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
I've only received quite generic compliments myself unfortunately, nothing really that sticks to my mind.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Two years ago I received the most votes for teacher of the year at the high school I teach at.

What made it special was that the votes were passed by students :). Felt nice to be recognized, and building student-teacher relationships is really important to my pedagogy (and most teachers). This just felt like payoff

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
A teen I managed at work said I was probably the nicest person he ever met. It was so sincere but I also questioned the people that had been a part of his life.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm married so I guess someone willing to live with me for life voluntarily is a compliment

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
In highschool for some reason we were doing anonymous compliments on a piece of paper, and someone wrote I'm a real gentleman, I liked that.
I might've recognized the handwriting, but I decided to just keep it to myself.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"I love your ass "

In non-sexual stuff, words of thanks for me being me and being a shoulder to lean on and a person that encouraged them to try harder in life for things not to get to them.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
One time a girl told me I had beautiful feet. She had to look me up and down and then decided on my feet for a compliment.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I actually kinda hate compliments, so I block them out when I do get them.
...luckily, I'm terrible, so it's not really an issue.

Aug 30, 2020
One of my college professors pointed to me during class and went on about my characteristics and asked around why I seemed like a natural leader, with classmates praising my traits. The lecture was something about leadership, but I was the impromptu class example. To me that came out of nowhere, I never tried to be a leader, but now professionally I see where and when that's needed, and it's something I'm trying to learn more of.

I guess since all the sex stuff, my first time I was with a more experienced woman and she said "How are you this good?"

And then hey first time I went to a range, first time I ever fired a gun, two guys who were trying a rifle they were going to buy praised my shooting, when I said it was my first time they were impressed. I had studied a bunch of shooting stuff for days before going to the range hah.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
" You look like Tom Hiddleston! "

I don't. But for some reason it was said to me anyway. I just smiled and said "thanks."

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
It sounds weird, but probably "You're too nice" (or something along those lines).

I met my ex in Korea, we dated for a few years, she moved to Japan, and I moved back to the US shortly after. We tried to make the long distance thing work for months, so we both knew it just wasn't going to work out in the long run. When she pulled the trigger she said she had to because she knew I wouldn't because "I was the nicest person she had ever met" (and she wasn't wrong, I knew it wasn't working but I wasn't going to be the one the one to make that final call).

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
While on a trip to Vegas a couple of years ago, I got legit mistaken for E40 while at the Cosmo.

I took that as a huge compliment.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
"You're the most helpful and polite person I've talked to all week."

Work in hospitality, tourist was in town, and aside from general touristy shit they do, they had some horrible shit happen and between phone calls and all manner of nonsense, they were already pissed off by time they managed to get to me.

But other than that,

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I was walking home from school wearing my new shoes
6b2210e68b30e46c05cb314f2f78ab46.jpg

and someone pulled into the petrol station I was walking by to tell me they loved my shoes, and then they drove back off.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's not praising me, personally; rather the game I've made, but one of the people testing my game wrote this back to me a couple weeks ago and I felt my cheeks burning:
[game] however *does* stand out from the crowd, thanks to its stability, attention to detail, mature gameplay, easy of use (yet hard to master), massive-full-spectrum wealth of content from start to finish and a clean visual style that it has defined very well. Only a 0.001% of games are able to achieve this and this one actually has it. This game is Super Mario World (SNES) levels of greatness and staying power.

Even if think they're being exceedingly generous and most other people wouldn't feel remotely the same way (to put it milldy), the fact that my game connected so strongly with at least one person was a much needed morale boost and reminded me why I wanted to make games to begin with. :)

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That im very handsome and I received it several times by different people during my high-school/ young adult life, sadly not anymore 😑

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had multiple people tell me "You're a natural leader", including my college instructor. Which blew my mind at the time as I had always viewed myself as socially inept.

Said college instructor got proven right, however. I graduated top of the class, as the class representative. Even got to speak for the school multiple times to people in government. Working my way to becoming a supervisor at my current job.

Being an administrator on Era didn't exactly help my case either >_>;

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
All I've gotten is the you're funny, nice hair, and that color looks good on you. Even those are few. Damn my inability to have complimentary traits!

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I dunno.

I've had multiple women tell me I have great eyebrows, which I always thought was an oddly specific thing, but I'll take it.