• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a shame The New Batman Adventures did away with the title cards.

But in some regards the animation is more fluid and consistent then the original B:TAS, the latter of which suffered from inconsistent animation (lots of off-model characters).

Yeah while not every redesign was an improvement, as a whole the animation was much nicer. It's just a shame it lost some of the atmosphere in the process—these title cards being a good example. Some of the homages to classic films are pretty perfect.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah while not every redesign was an improvement, as a whole the animation was much nicer. It's just a shame it lost some of the atmosphere in the process—these title cards being a good example. Some of the homages to classic films are pretty perfect.

Imagine all the cool art we'd have if they used 'em for Superman, JL, and JLU!

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I've been waiting for a series of poster prints that have all the title cards for YEARS now. Wish DC would just do it, they'd sell like crazy.

This was my favorite

ttRjoOC.jpeg

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All of them are so good.

Even if the episode itself didn't quite do justice to the character, there's something to be said about the simple title and appearance of "the man who broke the Bat".
latest

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
The real crime here is that these haven't been made as an official art book or as prints/posters.

That's a license to print money right there.

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
if they made high quality prints of these, i'd be hard pressed to decide which couple to buy and display. they're all works of art, but i can't have a house whose walls are made up of batman art in their entirety.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
All of them are oozing with style and atmosphere, much like the series itself, but if I was forced to choose one, I'd probably give the nod to His Silicon Soul:

latest

In a world where we got some kind of "Batman vs Terminator" miniseries in the 90s, I would envision it having a kickass cover like that.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Limiting myself to just 1 per poll, went with Appointment in Crime Alley, The Man Who Killed Batman, and Harley's Holiday.
Two Face, Mudslide, Deep Freeze would be runners up.

Avatar is so unlike the others I almost thought it was put in as a joke.

OP
OP
Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
OK, so I thought this place loved and appreciated BTAS, but there's only 30 votes per poll up there. And that's with allowing multiple choices per person!

STAND AND BE COUNTED. VOTE

This is literally impossible.
I am unable to choose one, as they are all awesome.
DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE
Holy shit, all those are amazing. I can't choose one
I love these title cards. I can't pick just one.
All of them are best.
I don't know, but man those are all cool.

Arrow S2, Ep 20 spoilers:

CHOOOOOOOOOOOSE

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Man, I love Batman TAS. It's a show I expect to watch with my future kids one day.

edit: I can't choose. So many are fucking spectacular. Heart of Ice, Mudslide. Ugh.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm no coward- one vote each poll.

Appointment in Crime Alley
Almost Got 'Im
Deep Freeze

BOOM

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
What do you think these were done in? Acrylic? On black canvas, like so many of the show's backdrops?

It occurs to me that a fantastic art series project, even an excuse to finally try painting, would be to make these for the S4 episodes and Batman Beyond, or evening the rest of the DCAU!