• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Which one do you think is the best? Vote here! (NOT by season—StrawPoll has a 30-choice limit per poll):

Part I
Part II
Part III

R1BtL1j.jpeg
9x6R2QG.jpeg
ZRpDMFE.jpeg
VrhcCwc.jpeg
DxH915g.jpeg
g4SzQ77.jpeg
OxzJiLu.jpeg
tkcHobt.jpeg
IVpds4c.jpeg
Y0DMAHg.jpeg
7sJD0FL.jpeg
AYKHUPI.jpeg
L5WC1Gv.jpeg
lEioYwP.jpeg
m54rhTA.jpeg
ttRjoOC.jpeg
AueQHxX.jpeg
8C6J4YC.jpeg
805Bn4d.jpeg
oo7leLF.jpeg
a7Rbxgz.jpeg
MPXEXlZ.jpeg
EW2rALv.jpeg
0IHzrl9.jpeg
RL9Xpfa.jpeg
3I71MQD.jpeg
K92YCKQ.jpeg
oUSQWlU.jpeg
9GwGQdb.jpeg
EgnfYdD.jpeg
dLY4AuS.jpeg
6cfRfHm.jpeg
IGqCs57.jpeg
4M9LvU6.jpeg
TPpGqbE.jpeg
UmNInSv.jpeg
xD9EyNH.jpeg
oolxUAH.jpeg
StCbPq3.jpeg
GD0BqWN.jpeg
mnbbH58.jpeg
NaA1oSw.jpeg
b2cENm2.jpeg
ZQBc22P.jpeg
JlULXOm.jpeg
YniigdW.jpeg
qDNJbwu.jpeg
nOoEWnx.jpeg
UWE6D06.jpeg
CDA3yGB.jpeg
siOw7Bp.jpeg
z1v2rW0.jpeg
yjYZXXP.jpeg
fB8mRsB.jpeg
vapbp5Q.jpeg
M8FQN0T.jpeg
4nBIFgi.jpeg
PTAMeg4.jpeg
VdZ8ZFB.jpeg
m5RGKk8.jpeg
qnXfwSi.jpeg
TSFMDiT.jpeg
kPQs32D.jpeg
ihCqBdw.jpeg
NdsRIny.jpeg
Am5rN45.jpeg
8zaf9Xc.jpeg
lYSfvbX.jpeg
yGojnhO.jpeg
GMyDRhq.jpeg
FeWDP7F.jpeg
I8sOS1x.jpeg
NQa4viK.jpeg
FQKslIY.jpeg
dZavTMS.jpeg
9a89BOa.jpeg
JjvbaOM.jpeg
zXOGxBt.jpeg

Of the two-parter eps, I just picked the one with a cleaner image. This aren't high-quality images, so look up higher-res ones if you need to.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They're all amazing, and get better as they go along.

But that said, I have a soft spot for Joker's Favor because just looking at it I immediately hear the distinct theme music from that episode.

OP
OP
Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Just to make clear, the first 30 are in the first poll, the next 30 in the second, and the remainder in the third link. If you don't see the episode(s) you want to choose, check the other links.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Man Who Killed Batman is my personal favorite.

They're able to tell a lot of story in that one picture.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
There are so many amazing ones but I love love love the title card for Robin's Reckoning.

And the Laughing Fish is cool, when you see that one with the sign swinging and the camera pans down, you know it's going to be a special episode

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
This is literally impossible.

EDIT: Also we need to acknowledge the artist by name—Eric Radomski, the series' co-creator. He's largely responsible for Gotham's dark, ultra moody Art Deco look, and he does not get enough credit. A true master.

Last edited:

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I totally forgot TAS did these. These are all great.

Is TAS available in high def anywhere for streaming?

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
The title cards combined with Shirley Walker's score are just so good.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a shame The New Batman Adventures did away with the title cards.

But in some regards the animation is more fluid and consistent then the original B:TAS, the latter of which suffered from inconsistent animation (lots of off-model characters).

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Two-Face by a country mile.

someone explain the Bane one to me: what is the shape silhouetted in white?

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I thought it was a shame The New Batman Adventures did away with the title cards.

But in some regards the animation is more fluid and consistent then the original B:TAS, the latter of which suffered from inconsistent animation (lots of off-model characters).
IIRC they dropped the title cards partly because Radomski was busy with other projects.

And yeah, there's some pretty funny variances in the ways different studios interpreted the models in BTAS. I remember in one of the episode commentaries Timm laughed at how TMS (I think that was the studio) always drew Batman with a kind of droopy, extra sharp nose. On a technical level, TNBA easily had the better animation, but I think it did lose something in the process.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a high-resolution collection of these available anywhere now that the Blu-Rays have been out for a while? I wanted to set them as a changing background on my PC.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
God these all could be posters lol. I like the simplicity of Its Never Too Late but the one that stuck out to me most as a kid was Feats of Clay pt 2 and Christmas With Joker.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Really hard to pick. Being a Two Face fan, I'd probably go with "Two Face" but honestly I changed my mind several times just scrolling through the title cards. Just looking at them all instantly reminds me of exactly what the episode was about... the series is a timeless classic in my eyes, heck for the music alone its still damn good. Oh, and Mark Hamill is still my go to Joker. What casting gold that was.

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
I saw on Twitter that someone got high res versions of them and made their own book. Not sure if they shared the files or not.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
My favorites:

I love it for its pure pulpy effect, feels like a Saturday matinee.
fB8mRsB.jpeg

It's elegant in its simplicity.
L5WC1Gv.jpeg

Just great compositing.
Y0DMAHg.jpeg

Oct 27, 2017
They're all so good- the Clayface ones are great, Two-Face is great and Heart of Ice.

Part of what makes them all so great is how I can totally hear the themes when looking at those title cards.

The Grey Ghost theme is so good.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Man, don't make me choose, they're all so good.

I rewatched BTAS during quarantine and it reminded me why I used to like Batman so much. I'd been getting kinda annoyed by the character in more recent years and I thought I just was no longer a fan, but the animated series still holds up so well!

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Too difficult to choose one sooooo
AfraidUniqueAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

I'm currently doing a rewatch and just finished watching The Forgotten and the episode is in my top 3, the music in it is just pure magic.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a simple and early one but I have a soft spot for Nothing to Fear.
But honestly they're pretty much all amazing.

Carvel

Nov 6, 2017
Mainz, Germany
Wow, I forgot the show had these and they are all great. Can't really pick a favourite but I like the early and abstract ones with great typography!

The only one I really didn't like at first was 'Avatar'. Then again, it being so different from the other ones kind of conveys a message in itself - like, I could actually imagine expecting one of the toned down title cards after the (awesome) intro and being really startled by the unexpected title card :D