• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The body count would be way higher if they gave that piece of meat in a big biscuit from people choking to death.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
All that you need to know is that the "average" person is a complete fucking moron. That should explain how someone could get in a fight or stabbed to death over a fucking chicken sandwich.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Good product
Good word of mouth
Scarcity
It's a recipe for success.
just wanting the sandwich isn't enough, you have to be able to get it, and with those lines, it becomes sort of a quest.
the less you can get it, the more you want it.
Also: FUCK CHIC FIL A

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I'm someone who has this as their favorite fast food chicken sandwich. Absolutely nothing is special about it. It's just a good fast food chicken sandwich. It feels like it's just viral social media stuff causing people do crowding this shit up and act a fool.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it wasn't complicated. Toast the Brioche bun and the Mayo they use is just a Spicy Mayo mix with a dash of Paprika and some Cayenne Pepper mixed up.
Ehh...I just feel like someone making the recipe on their own can't really judge the actual sandwich from the joint itself. Too many variables you could get wrong or just have bad information.

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
Ehh...I just feel like someone making the recipe on their own can't really judge the actual sandwich from the joint itself. Too many variables you could get wrong or just have bad information.

Believe me when I say this. I may not know how the Sandwich itself tastes. But I know what Popeyes taste like. And it tasted just like some Popeyes chicken. Believe me. The amount of Popeyes I've eaten (Got food poisoning twice) is unhealthy. But I know its taste.

Here's the recipe FYI

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
It was good. Not stand in line good. My wife just brought one home for me. It was spicy. But she said she was waiting in line and that's the Popeyes experience. That's not something I'll be doing regular. Most other fries are way better than Popeyes.

I mostly think the competition don't have a lot to worry about as long as the dining experience is still trash at Popeyes.

Barrin

Dec 12, 2017
I tried the spicy one today. It was good and better than most fast-food chicken sandwiches but I'm certainly not going to fight someone for it.

Oct 27, 2017
i happened to get one the other day and thought the chicken delicious, but needed way more sauce and i didnt like the pickles they used in it.....it was alright.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it's a good sandwich and all, but I imagine all that's special about it is the hype cycle itself. It's fast-food fried chicken on a bun with some mayo and pickles.

Here's the recipe FYI

I think the Popeye's sandwich uses chicken breast, whereas this recipe uses thighs? That would be an upgrade.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Just ate one yesterday. It was delicious. Nothing more nothing less.
UCOfOvU.jpg

That is beautiful. Man now I want one

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
I just tried it yesterday. The spicy was really good. I liked it more than chik fil a and any other fast food place. It was a nice big piece of chicken and the spicy mayo and bun were good.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Popeye's needs to learn how Chick-fil-A handles long lines. Doesn't matter how long the line is there, you're getting your food pretty fast usually.

Oct 27, 2017
How is this different from the past few decades?
There is an increased ferocity for the already low and ever-lowering bar that is fast food. For example, the amount of coverage and signal boosting that people are voluntarily giving these corporations on social media is on another level compared to when people only engaged with the brand when they were actively purchasing/consuming it. This is happening at the same time that these fast food companies are investing less and less into their employees and the resulting product, while turning even larger profits than ever, all while local communities are being drained of their more sustainable and ethical food sources/options. I think it creates a snowball effect of sorts that more people than ever simply cannot resist. Maybe they are turning towards the canned jokes and memes of corporate social media because the media, entertainment, and societal landscape is so dire for them elsewhere?

Last edited:

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the sandwich is amazing, but it's the hype.

Same reason why people fight each other over $100 Westinghouse hdtv's during black Friday. People get stupid when they're told to get stupid

Hawkijustin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
There is an increased ferocity for the already low and ever-lowering bar that is fast food. For example, the amount of coverage and signal boosting that people are voluntarily giving these corporations on social media is on another level compared to when people only engaged with the brand when they were actively purchasing/consuming it. This is happening at the same time that these fast food companies are investing less and less into their employees and the resulting product, while turning even larger profits than ever, all while local communities are being drained of their more sustainable and ethical food sources/options. I think it creates a snowball effect of sorts that more people than ever simply cannot resist. Maybe they are turning towards the canned jokes and memes of corporate social media because the media, entertainment, and societal landscape is so dire for them elsewhere?
Oh come on. More ethnic food is available to the average American than ever before. Fast food sales have been on the decline for years.
This is nothing more than stupid hype taking over people and needing to have the next "cool thing".

Monroe Kelly

Oct 28, 2017
The weird thing is, I haven't even seen a commercial for this thing. I know next to nothing about what's actually on it. This thread is probably the most information I've seen in one place about the actual sandwich. It looks ok.