• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Does Adventures of Lolo count?

Take this:
hqdefault.jpg

Make it look like the Link's Awakening remake or something like that, add a level editor so you can share levels Mario Maker-style and it's golden. Doesn't even need to be a retail release, I'd be fine with an eShop-only game. Maybe put Kirby as a playable character or even disguise it as a Kirby spin-off even, so it gets more attention.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I see NOLF, Alice, and Pathologic mentioned, so my go to are always:
Drakan
6760081_std_7401.jpg

I want to action adventure in a medieval world AND fly around that same world on the back of my trusty Dragon while also getting into aerial battles with other dragons. If pcs could do it in 1998, pcs and consoles can do it now.

Also:
Nocturne
nocturne1.jpg

Third person action game where youre a depression era G-man tasked with quelling supernatural forces trying to cause chaos around the world. Also, partner with Bloodrayne again since shes technically in the original.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I can't even remember the name of the game right now. The fighting game where you fought with different japanese swords and it was in general a one hit one kill (unless you managed to just nick an arm or leg).

Edit: Looked it up, Bushido Blade.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Drakan
6760081_std_7401.jpg

I want to action adventure in a medieval world AND fly around that same world on the back of my trusty Dragon while also getting into aerial battles with other dragons. If pcs could do it in 1998, pcs and consoles can do it now.

I'll add in, consoles already even did it. Drakkan 2 was out on Playstation 2.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Panzer Dragoon series. And not a remake by some random team that pretty clearly doesn't understand the art style of the original, but new entry by a team led by Yukio Futatsugi and other former Andromeda/Smilebit members.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
TimeSplitters deserves a collection/remaster more than any other game I can think of.

For a straight-up revival? I'd love to see Jet Moto return as a downloadable title with modern controls.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
TimeSplitters deserves a collection/remaster more than any other game I can think of.

For a straight-up revival? I'd love to see Jet Moto return as a downloadable title with modern controls.
TimeSplitters is owned by the Embracer group now, so I'm sure it's already in line on the remaster factory floor.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
King's Field. I originally played it at a time when I couldn't really spend time playing games and I really want to be able to play it again.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
WAR OF THE MONSTERS.

Seriously, why has noone done anything like this again.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No One Lives Forever. Let me dream my impossible dreams.

actually screw that lemme just get a remaster or a GoG release and i'll be happy.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Drakan
6760081_std_7401.jpg

Well atleast there is Divinity II Ego Draconis (The Dragon Knight Saga) where you can't ride a dragon, but you have two forms - human and dragon
91MGJE00DbL._SL1500_.jpg

IHlmPEZ3S8wlko3GcYD4PeVK7IVncjfojXXxDCMwceP5oqz_Zg04xsd16AjDKm8hPpMGTFTOWAYsONr5RijNlKqfyHcaTrLc5tCG36morgqUe6XQNpwOme5kInEiX48aWAKfoJM9xOvJFSuB2Q

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Does Eternal Darkness count as a cult classic?
Legacy of Kain (the one I really, really, really really want)
I'd really to see another game in the Earthbound / Mother series.
Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre
In for a new E.V.O Search for Eden.
Something created by Yukio Futatsugi. Whether it's a new Phantom Dust, a remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga, or something new entirely.

I approve all these choices and add my own: MFing Cubivore.

Oct 25, 2017
Is Vagrant Story a cult classic? If so, then that's my choice.

If they don't want to develop it themselves, From Software would be a fantastic choice for a sequel or even a remake.

May 5, 2018
Even though I haven't played the games, I'll echo Klonoa because those games seem really good and deserve more love. I'd really like to see the 2nd game gets remade since that got amazing reviews at release but never got re-released in any form.

For games I did play I'd like to see F-Zero GX or Simpsons Hit and Run get remastered or remade. Won't happen either way because Nintendo won't do anything with the F-Zero franchise and EA owns the Simpsons game rights and aren't interested in the classic remastering business. Also Apu was a playable character in Hit and Run and he's no longer on Modern Day Simpsons correct?

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Is Vagrant Story a cult classic? If so, then that's my choice.

If they don't want to develop it themselves, From Software would be a fantastic choice for a sequel or even a remake.
I feel like the original game would work extremely well as a Soulsborne-adjacent ARPG, but weirdly, I'd actually want Arkane to handle a sequel, given how closely some of the powers in the story itself map to Dishonored-ish stuff (such as
seeing people's inner selves, seeing through someone else's eyes, compulsion, seeing distant locations, swapping faces, teleportation).

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the original game would work extremely well as a Soulsborne-adjacent ARPG, but weirdly, I'd actually want Arkane to handle a sequel, given how closely some of the powers in the story itself map to Dishonored-ish stuff (such as
seeing people's inner selves, seeing through someone else's eyes, compulsion, seeing distant locations, swapping faces, teleportation).
Never thought about it like that, but you're not wrong. Arkane would definitely turn all of that lore into gameplay mechanics.