• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The best is a tie between the Belmonts and K. Rool. Funny, clever, and cool as hell. That entire direct on August 8 was a wild ride.

The worst is Byleth. It was so unnecessarily drawn out. At least we got this great pose from Sothis, that I used as my avatar for a while.

PMOacHd.jpg

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Best is Simon/Richter, that trailer is unmatched.
Worst is Byleth. Technically, Piranha Plant could be considered since he got no cinematic but Byleth's trailer screamed fake out (very much like Spring Man grabbing the invite in the Min Min trailer) when really they just dragged their feet on showing Female Byleth as if that was some huge reveal and not an expectation after Robin and Corrin

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Best trailer is Terry's.

Second best is Byleth's. "Too many swordsman... and you, you wield the sword as well. What will you do?" Sakurai is too good. GOD TIER line.

Worst is Inkling. Unhype and showed absolutely nothing.

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
I've always really liked the Belmont trailer. It's Luigi, in full Luigi's Mansion mode, wandering around Dracula's Castle and being terrified at everything. There's something inherently hilarious about that. And then they take it even further when Death shows up. It was perfection.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
For me the best is Terry probably then Ridley. The worst is either Hero or Byleth even though I really liked playing Hero and I thought Byleth was fun. I think all the trailers are pretty good so even the worst ones have some good stuff in em.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Gotta give the best trailer to my man Riddles. Can't beat the hat twirl and literally snapping Mario's neck and impaling a third party character. Runner-up is Min Min, and that's not the recency bias talking.

Worst is Byleth's for reasons that have already been discussed here.

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Pretty sure it's unanimous just how hated the Byleth trailer is (and the inclusion of the character in general).

No other video on the net for the other reveals has as many disliked and general unenthusiastic reactions in reaction trailers.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Best is Joker's. It was basically a perfect reveal trailer. From the choice of the venue, it being exactly in P5's style to the moment of the unvitation flip. Just amazingly executed.
Honorable mention goes to the Belmont, Terry, Hero and Inkling trailers.

Worst: You know, the longer I think about it the more I think it might be Min Min's. There was no suspense to that trailer whatsoever thanks to them showing that Ramen Bowl scene in the very first frame. It also essentially reused Terry's trailer gimmick. Art style was nice but I feel even Byleth's and Isabelle's trailers had more suspense.

Overall I don't think any of the trailers are outright bad, though. They are all a joy to watch.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best: Simon/Richter, Joker, Banjo, Terry

Worst: Piranha Plant, Byleth, Ken/Inceneroar

Special shoutout to the Dragon Quest Heroes one which is a personal favourite of mine.