• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Greetings. Before we used to have under the free section a section called free add-ons which displayed all add-ons that were free whether permanent or timed or free through PS Plus.
Around a year ago, that section disappeared and to check the added free add-ons, we had to go everytime to add-ons section, check all add-ons then use filtering and check free and sorting with most recent ones. Not practical art all as you have guessed and you can still miss some new free add-ons that are over a week old.
Now recently when you got add-ons section, there is not even button or a way to to display all add-ons. i don't know if this is a bug or a that is how the new store will be behaving in the future and this won't be helpful at all.
What's going on with the PS4 Store?
I know Sony wants us to transition to the PS5 and its new store and the new web store and app store but those aren't helping at all and many features are lacking from those so nothing is practical at once.
I hope things will be sorted soon.

PS: I made this thread here back then: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/kaaaab/whats_going_on_with_ps4_store_we_can_no_longer/
but it didn't get much attention but the problem persisted since and now there is a new TIMED PS Plus pack for Fortnite that I was not aware of, until I stumbled on it from some Fortnite leakers while I normally check them each week from the recently added add-ons that got removed. So this is getting serious and we may miss many add-ons in the future regardless of the platform since no store whetehr PS5 store, PS4 store, web store or app store is displaying them correctly in the right way it was before.

Edit: Now the dedicated free section to find F2P games and demos is gone too.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I also made THIS thread with 0 replies. I guess we are in the minority of people who check this?

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I also made THIS thread with 0 replies. I guess we are in the minority of people who check this?

Oh I didn't notice yours. Good that there are more people aware of it but we are a minority and the problem people don't give importance to such stuff and they may even miss the timed stuff without even noticing which is a big bummer. I don't know whom to contact for this. I tweetd Ask PlayStation but I got no response.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I didn't notice yours. Good that there are more people aware of it but we are a minority and the problem people don't give importance to such stuff and they may even miss the timed stuff without even noticing which is a big bummer. I don't know whom to contact for this. I tweetd Ask PlayStation but I got no response.

Yeah it stinks, and since no one seems to mind, I guess they will just leave it as is with no changes. I like periodically checking for freebie items for games I get, since DLC drops usually happen overtime in batches, and sorting by 'newest' was the best way to actually see what was out. I don't want to flip through each individual game just to see if something new was added :/

Use the PlayStation app. You can check the addons there.

But, yeah, the store update is shit.

Just checked and same issue, you have to click through each individual game now.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
The only workaround I have found for this is going to the page for the game and then viewing it's addons there.

I think there is also a way to get the old webstore back, depending on which region you are in, using a specific url.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
It's all been shit since the update but hey at least there's much more room thanks to them getting rid of older systems. Thanks PlayStation! Loving all the space.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
The whole store went to shit the minute that big Update went live a few months ago, it seems to be in kind of a beta state since. Cutting useful features/filtering options fits the current M.O.

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Use the PlayStation app. You can check the addons there.

But, yeah, the store update is shit.
Yeah it stinks, and since no one seems to mind, I guess they will just leave it as is with no changes. I like periodically checking for freebie items for games I get, since DLC drops usually happen overtime in batches, and sorting by 'newest' was the best way to actually see what was out. I don't want to flip through each individual game just to see if something new was added :/

Just checked and same issue, you have to click through each individual game now.

I just checked the app too and there is only a batch of slecetd games like on PS4 and you can't check all add-ons, let alone the recently added ones.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I think there is also a way to get the old webstore back, depending on which region you are in, using a specific url.

I just tried it, and this is the ONLY place you can find it now (along with your original wishlist).

Yup, this one.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently sorting the whole catalog of the PS Store is for chumps, so we gotta thank Sony for streamlining the process since we're in 2020!

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

This one doesn't allow me to sign in. Pressing the sign in button just refreshes the page.

I had the same issue in the new store a couple times so it's probably just the website acting up again.

Terminated in most countries, sadly: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/97585-how-to-access-the-old-ps-store-ps3-ps4-vita-psp/

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
This one doesn't allow me to sign in. Pressing the sign in button just refreshes the page.

I had the same issue in the new store a couple times so it's probably just the website acting up again.

At least it has a view-only mode, to be able to view what is even there (and apparently is still being updated, too). Well, I'm using it for as a view-only option, at least.

Looks like it depends where you live >_>

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Here's something that's really irritating. Ace Combat 5 was a preorder bonus for Ace Combat 7. On the PS4, it showed up as it's own thing as a game. On the PS5, it's considered a part of Ace Combat 7 so you don't see it in your game library and you have to go to Ace Combat 7, hit options and select it under there. It's really not very intuitive to find to play let alone to install it on the PS5. That doesn't make much sense when Spider-Man Remastered doesn't show up a sub content under Miles Morales so I don't know why there's this difference here.

Dunbar

Dec 9, 2017
Columbus, OH
I went to buy the AC Valhalla season pass this morning and it gave me the following error:

"You need the following products before you can make this purchase.
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Season Pass Entitlement PS5"

Not quite sure how to resolve that one.

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of new free add-ons. Check the US or Canadian stores even if you have other accounts to see the new free and timed additions and search for them manually in the store to get.
Very practical now. Thank you Sony. -_-

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
WTH is going with Sony killing the PS4 Store day by day? First we got the issue in OP, now today even free section to check demos and F2P games is just gone! You have to check under games or find F2P or demos.

It's too soon to kill the PS4 store yet.