• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
Call of Duty usually gets teased during the NBA playoffs or at the very least the end be teased around this time of the year.

I just find it odd Activision hasn't started teasing especially with E3 less than a month away.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
COD is the sort of game that can be revealed in June and have no issue launching in Oct - Nov.
I could imagine they're holding it back to have a bigger blowout all-around or maybe to help boost E3.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Usually during the conference finals which just started. Also heard rumors there was a closed preview event last week? I think? We will hear something soon

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Modern Warfare 2 was so good back in the day - just do that again with a a re-skin for 2019. Stopped playing these games after MW3 multiplayer ended up being atrocious.

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe they realized that announcing new cod too soon cannibalizes sales of the previous cod.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Maybe they realized that announcing new cod too soon cannibalizes sales of the previous cod.

Yep that's my thought.

I think when they announce a new COD, a portion of the community seeks the most similar game. So when BO4 was announced, people went back to BO3 (and stopped playing WWII).

I think when MW4 is announced we'll see a huge interest spike in Modern Warfare Remastered and the other MW games.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
I hope they ditch that timed exclusivity at all. It is only a week now, but it is still too long. It is most noticable with themed DLC as Halloween etc.

To get the whole community excited for new DLC the releases should be simultaneous.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Modern Warfare 2 was so good back in the day - just do that again with a a re-skin for 2019. Stopped playing these games after MW3 multiplayer ended up being atrocious.
It was totally broken. It could still be fun if they patch commando pro, noob tubing, ridiculous shotguns, and much more though.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't we have teases that people played it a few weeks back? I assume the reveal is quite soon.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Press getting a look next week. You can expect a reveal in the near future, no need for any rush really.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just hope they'll do away with their backwards monetization schemes. It's gotten to a point where it's just outright ridiculous and anti-consumer.

I actually stopped playing BLOPS4 as it made me feel complicit lol.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Activision confirmed they plan to reveal the game before the end of the quarter which ends June 30th 2019.

We'll see it soon anyway.

Locking this thread for now as there isn't much else to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.