• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Either they back off after 3~ years of failing to get in, or they flounder around for a decade before managing one good release like Amazon.

juxjuxjux

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I have former colleagues and friends working on the project, and they're really smart people. I expect great things from them, but I also don't see it being widely accepted amongst current Era visitors / posters. Netflix's game-related acquisitions should tell you the type of experience they're shooting for, and it's not meant to scale to compete with a Microsoft or Sony atm.

Fudus

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2020
They're gonna hype up the insane growth potential and market opportunities in video games to boost stock valuation, then they're gonna lay everyone off a year later and hype up the insane cost savings to boost stock valuation.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon-esque, but more likely to kill the whole thing before sinking a fortune into a big pie in the sky project.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix will eventually cancel it for another season of Stanger thangs so I'd never put any support behind it,

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
If they ever release a visual novel based on Heartstopper I'm definitely preordering the most deluxe of editions

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
They'll release a couple games which won't set the gaming world on fire causing the rest of the games in development to be (even more) horribly interefered with into total P2W fuckery.
This will also very obviously fail causing everything else to be cancelled and the division shuttered before Netflix moves onto chasing the money elsewhere.

Be fast devs because thats the only way to get yourselves properly paid.

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
My problem with it is that Netflix are all over the place and have been for a while. They start new projects and cancel them so frequently, that I'm reluctant to start watching a new series, because chances are it will end abruptly anyway or move to another service.

If they had a stable stream of quality content, then sure, experiment with games on the side. It's not what I'm looking for on Netflix, though.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The more the merrier.

Yeah, my view really.

I haven't dived into Netflix's games yet (because I haven't seen anything that's interested me personally yet) but I'm never gonna be mad about more people making or funding video games. If Netflix users find something they like playing then cool!

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
I looked at the game list once and went on my merry way. I hope they found an audience somewhere.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Netflix gets their shit together>Chainsaw Man becomes that big of a TV Show>they greenlight a CSM game that can rival Mortal Kombat, sure, i'm down.

Otherwise, I don't care.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
Seems they should focus on getting streaming shows right first, given that their subscribers are leaving in droves. I don't see myself being interested in whatever they put out

bigbusiness

Lead Editor @ The Punished Backlog
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
United States
I applied to product writing role at Netflix a few months back. Based on the JD, would have written the synopses for all the content coming out under their new gaming vertical. Cool gig.

Was bummed when I didn't hear back (not that I expected to -- it's Netflix). In hindsight now, seems like it was for the best. In 12 months I wonder if that position will even still exist...

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Uninterested. The way Netflix operates they'd introduce 60 new games and cancel 59 of them within 6 months.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a lot less interested and concerned not that they're in cost cutting mode. Wouldn't be surprised if they abandon it altogether

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Well, if the quality of their Netflix Originals carries over to their games division, we can expect a lot of absolute garbage, a handful of very mediocre games and a tiny amount of absolute bangers.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Honestly, I hold a grudge against Netflix's gaming efforts because it caused them to end having Stranger Things content in Dead by Daylight. We could've been getting season 4 cosmetics, just sucks.