• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Returnal PS5 - It's by Housemarque so that's all you need to know about moment to moment gameplay.

3685220-returnal-5.gif

Returnal.gif

c906bf6c5e9b7799bead949adad12b77b08fd82d.gifv

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
For next year i'm thinking Nier Remaster and Monster Hunter Rise will be the ones who i spend a lot of time with. In the future it will be the next expansion for FF14 and FF16

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Oh there are a lot of upcoming games that seem good for me! I'll only list mostly indies games because I think they deserve some visibility, no matter their final quality.
  • Hollow Knight Siksong
  • Carto
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Radio The Universe
  • Rogue Legacy 2
  • Sable
  • Sea of Stars
  • Small Saga
  • The Wild at Heart
  • TOEM
  • Tunic
  • Windjammers 2
  • YesterMorrow
  • ANNO Mutationem
  • Axiom Verge 2
  • Balan Wonderworld
  • Biomutant
  • Bloom: Memories
  • Boyfriend Dungeon
  • Bushiden
  • Chained Echoes
  • Cris Tales
  • Eastward
  • Edge of Eternity
  • El Hijo
  • Errand Boy
  • Gamedec
  • Gestalt: Steam & Cinder
  • Greak: Memories of Azur
  • Ghost Song
  • Heart Forth, Alicia
  • Hundred Days
  • Infernax
  • Jack Move
  • Kingdom Shell
  • Kingdoms of the Dump
  • Knuckle Sandwich
  • Little Devil Inside
  • Mineko's Night Market
  • Pixel Noir

Shini42

Jan 7, 2018
And now I've realised I don't really looking forward to any game in particular. That's kinda depressing.
I mean, I hope Baldur's Gate 3 will turn out OK. But I have zero trust in Larian Studios and fully expect BG3 to remain an early access game for 3 to 5 years and then still be broken at v1.0.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Deathloop, the new game from Arkane.

Arkane has knocked it out of the park with every project they've worked on. While I'd kill for a new Dishonored, I'm excited for a new IP from them too. Right now it looks like PS5 only for consoles, but I think it's just a timed exclusive so I'll wait for it on Xbox. Really looking forward to seeing more of it, and I think the concept for the game ... this character-driven story game with a sort of groundhog day concept is just really clever, and is going to fit so well into their crazy world building and level design talents.

The groundhog day concept is just so clever for a game narrative wise.

Last edited:

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Cyberpunk, Returnal, Halo Infinite, Final Fantasy XVI, Resident Evil 8

Only concerns with FFXVI and Halo is that they were not very impressive in their recent showings. However, for me, all listed above are super promising in gameplay, tone, art and feel. Can't wait to see more!

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I legit think Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity will be something special, it just looks so good and has honestly hyped me up more for BotW2 on top of it.

Nier Replicant is another I think people shouldn't sleep on.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
New IPs I have a good feeling about:

Returnal
Kena
Bugsnax

Existing IPs, day one purchases without looking at reviews:

Horizon FW
GOW Ragnarok
Spiderman MM
Gran Turismo 7
Ratchet and Clank

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Curious. Is Lovecraft Country any good?

Regardless, I'll put this on my wishlist.

If you are a fan of pulpy Lovecraftian stuff you will love it. Each episode is like a scenario out of the table top game Arkham Horror. Which is to say, things change wildly from episode to episode but it is a fun ride that perfectly executes the tropes of the genre. If you aren't familiar with it then it is hard to say if you will like it or not. I personally absolutely love everything about it.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
If you are a fan of pulpy Lovecraftian stuff you will love it. Each episode is like a scenario out of the table top game Arkham Horror. Which is to say, things change wildly from episode to episode but it is a fun ride that perfectly executes the tropes of the genre. If you aren't familiar with it then it is hard to say if you will like it or not. I personally absolutely love everything about it.
Love the avatar.

Named my own avatar after a Marxist.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

Despite technically being crime dramas about the Japanese underworld, Yakuza games have a ton of heart, fun humour and incredibly likeable characters. I'm certain the new one will be the same. And the story is supposed to be standalone so you don't need to beat the previous 6 games.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Immortals Fenyx rising for me. A breath of the wild RIP off based on Greek mythology designed by the Assassins Creed Odyssey team simply HAS to be good.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Immortals Fenyx rising for me. A breath of the wild RIP off based on Greek mythology designed by the Assassins Creed Odyssey team simply HAS to be good.
Huh, I came in here expecting to be the first to say this game only to have been beaten by 5 minutes. Seriously though, I have a pretty good feeling about this one. BoTW clone or not, I think the game seems to have a lot put into it, and despite its liberal borrowing from a known blockbuster, actually seems like more of a passion project than Ubisoft's usual offerings.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I came in here expecting to be the first to say this game only to have been beaten by 5 minutes. Seriously though, I have a pretty good feeling about this one. BoTW clone or not, I think the game seems to have a lot put into it, and despite its liberal borrowing from a known blockbuster, actually seems like more of a passion project than Ubisoft's usual offerings.
Honestly I do not say BOTW clone as a disparaging remark. It has clearly influenced the games development. But that's a good thing because BOTW is an insanely good game.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
It's rare I buy something I'm disappointed in so there's no real need for a good feeling or not.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Honestly I do not say BOTW clone as a disparaging remark. It has clearly influenced the games development. But that's a good thing because BOTW is an insanely good game.
Oh I didn't mean it as one either, I'm more than happy with games taking heavy inspiration from BoTW. I also don't think the inspiration is as heavy as people make it out to be, since I anticipate the games will end up being very different in terms of tone and structure.

Really, more open worlds could use the "unshackled traversal" that BoTW has, and I'm hoping it becomes more common in the future. The mechanic makes traversal so much more interesting than the "walk/ride in a vaguely straight line" that was kinda the open world standard before.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I didn't mean it as one either, I'm more than happy with games taking heavy inspiration from BoTW. I also don't think the inspiration is as heavy as people make it out to be, since I anticipate the games will end up being very different in terms of tone and structure.

Really, more open worlds could use the "unshackled traversal" that BoTW has, and I'm hoping it becomes more common in the future. The mechanic makes traversal so much more interesting than the "walk/ride in a vaguely straight line" that was kinda the open world standard before.
Yeah pretty much agree with everyone you said here. Def my most anticipated game of the moment. Fingers crossed it turns out as good as it looks!

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Eiyuden is the only one that fits this exact feeling. Then to a lesser extent:
Deltarune, whatever the hell Christian Whitehead and Evening Star is working on, whatever IGA is doing next, Sonic Utopia/Project Hero and general updates of SRB2.

Everything else is in the category of 'maybe it will be good whenever I get around to playing it years later on pc at a reduced price.'

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tunic also seems like a great Indie game and I always like games that take at least some inspiration from Zelda. Granted, it's been a while since I played a game like Darksiders but since I've had the time to get back into gaming (I went on a hiatus from playing video games for several years) I'm very much interested in seeing how the game unfolds. But this game is one that I know less about compared to the others. But suffice to say that when I saw it, I kinda thought that it was going to strike a really good vibe with a lot of people here.

I've played Tunic several times at this point (at shows and a recent demo) and I absolutely adore it. Feels amazing.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Eiyuden is the only one that fits this exact feeling. Then to a lesser extent:
Deltarune, whatever the hell Christian Whitehead and Evening Star is working on, whatever IGA is doing next, Sonic Utopia/Project Hero and general updates of SRB2.

Everything else is in the category of 'maybe it will be good whenever I get around to playing it years later on pc at a reduced price.'
Who's Christian Whitehead and Evening Star?

Never heard of these projects, but they sound interesting (I already know what Deltrarune is though)

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Who's Christian Whitehead and Evening Star?

Never heard of these projects, but they sound interesting (I already know what Deltrarune is though)
Christian Whitehead is the guy that developed an engine that replicated the classic Sonic game's physics and showed up to Sega's door with a Sonic CD port in his engine. They since allowed him to port Sonic 1, 2 and CD to mobile and PC and let him make Sonic Mania. Since then he started his own studio with some of the Sonic Mania team called Evening Star which is a reference to Knuckles Chaotix. They're working on something but no word yet on what it is.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Not many people know of it, you could maybe even call it a sleeper hit. But I think Demon's Souls might turn out really good.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Bugsnax had an odd reveal, but I always felt it could be something very enjoyable. The previews reinforced that feeling.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
FUSER- Harmonix has never dissapointed me it will get no attention since it's releasing on series X launch day NOV 10 and it's my plan to play it while waiting for my new consoles to arrive.
I'm very hyped to play a better DJ Hero with no extra plastic instruments needed
I am absolutely confident I will have a good time on release date even if my consoles ship later