• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Hey, folks.

This is basically going by our intuition, but you can bring up reasoning for why you feel a certain way about an upcoming game coming out this year, next year, or the year afterwards, and so on. Basically, what is your intuition and your knowledge of a certain upcoming game both telling you about how it'll turn out? Or how multiple games will turn out? Do you just have that special feeling that's telling you that a game, that may not be all that well-hyped, is going to blow everyone away?

For me, I would have to start first with Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Yes, it's another Musou game but Musou games have been getting genuinely better on average by Koeti Tecmo and even their biggest dud, Dynasty Warriors 9, was a game that I enjoyed immensely. Plus, they have a lot of material from unused concepts of BOTW 1 that they can use for Hyrule Warriors, like Link's father and sister. Not to mention I really thought that the original Hyrule Warriors game was going to be a fan-favorite and it absolutely was. Again, I just have that "itch" that's telling me that this will be a good one and we're in good hands with Koei Tecmo.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is another one. Even though I have yet to finish the original game (it's incredibly long) I'm enjoying it quite a lot. And I just have, again, that "good feeling" about this game given that the original developers struck good with their very first game. I really feel that that in itself inspires confidence. But more than that, I just find the setting to be interesting and it seems that they won't put a damper on their gameplay with any kingdom building, which was very much take-it-or-leave-it.

The Geneforge remake also seems like a good place to start with the Geneforge series as I'm currently really enjoying Avernum (the first one). But also, I just think that the setting is very interesting and so far the games that ResetEra has recommended me have been great so far.

Tunic also seems like a great Indie game and I always like games that take at least some inspiration from Zelda. Granted, it's been a while since I played a game like Darksiders but since I've had the time to get back into gaming (I went on a hiatus from playing video games for several years) I'm very much interested in seeing how the game unfolds. But this game is one that I know less about compared to the others. But suffice to say that when I saw it, I kinda thought that it was going to strike a really good vibe with a lot of people here.

I'll give some more, but I've just had a really good feeling about gaming overall, especially with next-gen just around the corner and especially now that I have a gaming laptop after not playing any video games for several years up until this summer.

What games do you have that "intuition" for, that you just "feel" will turn out good or even great?

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Crash Bandicoot 4. It genuinely looks incredible from what we've seen so far.

Also genuinely excited for Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. It looks fantastic.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Outriders!

Nobody talks about that game but I'm sure it's going to be a buttload of fun to play given that People Can Fly are developing it.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I think Outriders will be better than many people expect. Why? Good devs, comparisons to Remnant and I think people sleep on it because they think it's a GaaS.

Outriders!

Nobody talks about that game but I'm sure it's going to be a buttload of fun to play given that People Can Fly are developing it.

My man!

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Tenderfoot Tactics

A tactics game, but with terraforming actions and spells.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sakuna of Rice and Ruin. Seems like everyone is still sleeping on this game lol.

Its part side scrolling dungeon crawler, and part rice harvest simulator. Looks so good.

Outriders is the other big game im looking forward to, but I do know its not going to be for everyone. Just looks like exactly the type of mindless fun that ive been looking for. Like a combo of Gears and Destiny, but without the GAAS stuff. Which is weird to me since it looks like it would have made a great one actually.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars Squadrons. Looks like a dream game becoming true.

I also have a pretty good feeling about Genshin Impact as long as the gacha doesn't get too intrusive.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Stray looks really swell, it's beautiful and features cats, robots and a futuristic city. A few of my favorite things tbh. I've only seen a few minutes of it but it feels like a nice indie game to relax to.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I had zero interest in this game when I first heard about it, but after a couple of showing, I'm sold on Crash 4.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Immortals Fenyx Rising. Game looks super fun, and I'm loving what I'm hearing and seeing from people's previews. It definitely seems like a game that's taking everything good about BOTW and fixing the most common complaints about BOTW.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Crash Bandicoot 4
Ghostwire Tokyo

There are plenty of games that I know it'll be good because I trust the devs making them (too many to list), but these two look incredibly appealing to me and I never played a game from these studios. This doesn't occur often so I just hope I won't be disappointed.

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
072420-Crash-Bandicoot-4-Its-About-Time-Activision-Image7.jpg

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
A "joy" to play? Probably the new Ratchet, those are always fun. Crash actually looks pretty fun. Spelunky 2 will be good but those can be frustrating (difficult) for me. The new Mario bundle is going to be fun I know.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
I second Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin. Gives me Dust: An Elysian Tail vibes plus rice harvesting.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
My vote goes to Hollow Knight: Silksong as well. I completely trust Team Cherry.

I'd also vote for Spider-Man Miles Morales but if that game has one more stealth section I'll scream.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

I've been really hungry for some AoE3 lately, and to be able to play an updated version of it is something I'm really looking forward to.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 7 (ok, that's cheating, I already played the import game). But it seriously rocks.

Sorta similar but 13 Sentinels looks great from everything I've seen + heard from people who played the import. I'm really excited to get it soon.

Crash 4 would be my vote, because really my only concern is the other playable characters potentially stealing the spotlight from the main Crash/Coco gameplay but everything I've seen looks so darn good.

On the fence... but Mafia. On the one hand, technical issues... on the other hand the recent showings have made me very excited to see how the plot and characters are fleshed out.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Bayonetta 3, but that's cheating, because it's 100% in Platinum's wheelhouse, and it follows two other great games with a lot of overlap in the creative personnel.