• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I use AdAway, but my phone is rooted. If all you want is to block browser ads, use Firefox and install the uBlock Origin add-on.

OP
OP
Septimus Prime

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the responses so far. I'm looking more for a system-level one to mainly block ads from Google feed and Facebook.

Adguard if you don't mind paying.
Browser: ublock
I don't mind paying once, but I'm not down for a subscription.

Does it work well?

I use AdAway, but my phone is rooted. If all you want is to block browser ads, use Firefox and install the uBlock Origin add-on.
I do intend to root, but I'll waiting for a stable Magisk and TWRP before I do. For now I'm just running with bootloader unblocked, so I'm sure I'm failing SafetyNet checks all over the place.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
+1 to Adguard. You can use Ublock Origin on Firefox Mobile but FF is so much slower than Chrome that it drove me insane.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I used to use dns66 but this was back on my old phone. Not sure how effective it is now.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
nextdns.io

NextDNS

The new firewall for the modern Internet

Set it up, toss it into your DNS settings. Toss it on your router, too. Better than Adguard, DNS66, and Blokada because you can control your filters like uBlock Origin, but you don't need another app on your phone draining battery, and you can put it on any device.

Alternatively, uBlock Origin in Firefox Mobile or rooting your phone and using Adaway.

Free version gives you plenty of alottment to block on one or two devices, but if you want to slap it on multiple and your home network, it's worth the price.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bought a lifetime license to adguard and I have no complaints.