• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FourSerioux

Nov 1, 2017
I can't remember a lot off the top of my head, but certainly not many. The latest would have been Sekiro, which I went through four times in a row, definitely the only game I've ever gone through that many times so quickly!

naff

Unshakeable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
ME2, Vanquish and Dark Souls spring to mind. Finding it much harder to finish games these days.

A heap of games when i was a kid, but only because i didn't have a huge backlog to chew through.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Persona 5

Played the entire game twice and somehow put in 250hrs over the course of five weeks. I may end up doing the same thing when Royal comes out in the US next year.

I also played through RE2 Remake about 4 times when it came out this year. God that is such a good game.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
In chronological order: Resident Evil 2 (Dreamcast), Resident Evil 4 (4 times in a row - GameCube), Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes (3 times in a row - GameCube), Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2), Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2), Ninja Gaiden: Black (Xbox), Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS), Demon's Souls (PS3), Dark Souls (PS3), Bloodborne (PS4), Dark Souls 3 (PS4).

Just for reference, my top 5 fav games of all time are Shadow of the Colossus, Shenmue 1/2, Skies of Arcadia and Super Metroid (not sure about the order).

Vince-DiCola

Banned
May 22, 2019
Culloden
All the Mass Effect games, Ninja Gaiden 1, Black and 2, DMC 4 and 5, Skyrim, Dragon Age: Origins, Every Halo game except Halo 5, Dead Space 2, Bayonetta, Every Souls game and Bloodborne too, Sekiro

That's all I can think of right now

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's only happened a few times, Metroid Prime, Mass Effect, Dark Souls, Sekiro. Usually I don't replay games at all, let alone directly after finishing it.

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
Resident Evil 4. Beat it twice in a row on PS2 and then bought a used Gamecube and beat it two more times there in a row

woolyninja

Oct 27, 2017
Resistance: Fall of Man for me. I loved how it built from normal war levels to full sci fi that I had to experience it again right away

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Sekiro
Bloodborne
Salt and Sanctuary
Dark Souls 3
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls
Valdis Story
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
OG Metal Gear Solid, back in the day. Unlocking the bandanna really changed the gameplay for me.

Dishonored 2 as well. Did it as steathily as I could with Corvo the first time, then bloody and vicious with Emily the second time.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Several Platinum games come to think of it - replaying Vanquish isn't much of a feat, and Bayonetta's hard mode is like a new game. But I immediately replayed Infinite Space. Not sure what I was trying to accomplish with that but I loved that game.

Nov 17, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles X. After doing a lot of post game stuff, I started a new game with a different avatar, focused on a different class and trying to reach certain areas earlier than usual/take different paths on quest lines. It's a very replayable game imo.

James3D

Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Red and Blue and Yellow I played a few times in a row each so I ended up playing the same game like 10 times over 3 years. Then I did the same with gen 2.

Oct 24, 2019
Shovel Knight. Granted the Plague Knight content is technically DLC, but since you run through all the same levels/map, I'll include it

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
not a single one to be honest. I don't like replaying games. especially not back to back

Success

Oct 27, 2017
Call of Juarez Gunslinger.
It is the best action arcade FPS games I has ever played, I finished it about 3 times in a row.

Linkyn

Oct 27, 2017
I played through REmake 2 five times in 20 odd hours over the course of a weekend to get the platinum.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
When I first bought it, I played Alpha Protocol through 5 or 6 times in a row. that game was so, so good. I didn't hit any major bugs until my last of the 3 main Operations (Taipei), and by that point I was way too invested to let those detract me.

Trying different options and trying to force different endgame outcomes in that game was just so much fun. I wish Obsidian would do more smaller RPGs like that.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Witcher 3 (3 times actually)
God of War 2018

Jan 25, 2018
Xenoblade Chronicles X. After doing a lot of post game stuff, I started a new game with a different avatar, focused on a different class and trying to reach certain areas earlier than usual/take different paths on quest lines. It's a very replayable game imo.

Same, and I obsessively have to max out every class every time I play even if I''m using the weapons of my primary class all the way through. As someone who is on his 6th playthrough, it certainly could have benefited from a New Game Plus option, though being able to take along lvl 60 avatars early on makes up for it a bit.