• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely the Uncharteds (easy platinums) and The Last of Us (one more time with dry eyes).
I guess RE2 Remake counts too.

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
re4, every dmc game except 2 and reboot lol, megaman zero 3.

capcom really know how to make their stuff stick

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Company of Heroes back in 2006. Its was such a landmark experience and game i started it again imediatelly in order to get all the medals

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Arkham City.

The game was so long and yet I started NG+ the second I finished it. I think I am still addicted to the gameplay given how Mad Max and Shadow of Mordor also floored me.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I beat Resident Evil 2 remake around 25 times (counting failed speedruns where I unfortunately made it to the very end, then choked on the final boss and died) when it released at the beginning of this year. No, that's not a typo. I put over 90 hours into it and just loved the game that much.

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Halo: CE on Xbox to tackle Legendary.

I replayed that game so much, I'd do random Legendary runs atleast once a week back in the day (especially leading up to Halo 2's launch). No game can compare to that one as far as how many times I replayed it goes.

Another game that comes to mind that I immediately replayed was Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven on PS2. Loved that game.

karim

Oct 27, 2017
Star ocean 2 multiple times. First to complete both Claude and Rena paths, then more to get the different secondary characters branches.

Same goes for Chrono Cross

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
I did it with Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3.
These games perfectly lend themselves for a second playthrough. Either with a new character or NG+

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
RE4, finished both Leon and Ada stories, unlocked Chicago Typewriter and immediately restarted from the start and mowed everyone down with it. Think I played until the Regenerators in one go.

More recently it was Titanfall 2, just because how amazing it felt to play through.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Resident Evil 2 Remake. Did complete Leon A/Claire B and Claire A/Leon B runs and then a smattering of random campaign runs, etc. to get a Platinum. I must've played it through around eight or nine times.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Only game that comes to mind is A Link Between Worlds. Beat it 100% on normal, then beat it 100% again on hero mode once that got unlocked. I wouldn't have done it if they just gave me hero mode from the start, however.

Avantgarde

Oct 27, 2017
The most recent in memory is Thief 3 DS. I used to do it a lot in my zx spectrum days with the likes of Saboteur and Dizzy.

FFObsessed

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Demons Souls
Dark Souls
Blood borne
Dark Souls 3
Sekiro
KILLZONE 2
Uncharted
Uncharted 2
The Last of Us
Infamous
Infamous Second Son
Fallout 3
Silent Hill 2
Final Fantasy X-2
Max Payne
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Persona 5

Off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more. Most games I replay straight away are due to new game + or playing through as an evil character, different endings, trophies etc.
There aren't many I replay just to enjoy it again, not straight away anyway.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The most recent is definitely Resident Evil 2 Remake. I finished at least six runs of that game in a row before I eventually moved on to something else.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Most recently, Remnant: From the Ashes

Beat it like, 15 times in a row.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon's Dogma. Couldn't get enough. That might be the only one too, except for maybe some short retro games here and there, but an rpg is usually one-and-done for me.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
A lot.

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
God Hand
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
Shadow of the Colossus
Final Fantasy Tactics
Suikoden II
Star Ocean 2: A Second Story
Diablo II
Batman: Arkham City
Journey
Fez
Dark Souls
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Dark Souls III
Bloodborne
Sekiro
Hyper Light Drifter
Dishonored 2
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Dead Cells
Oxenfree
Salt & Sanctuary
Proteus

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
I remember only a few where I did that:

RE2MAKE
Dead Space
Dragons Dogma
The Og Dmc
Resident Evil 4
Donkey Kong Country 1/2/3/ Land
Uncharted 1-3
God of War 1 and 2
Diablo 3
Dark Souls
Metal Gear Solid 1/2

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every FROM software game since Demon's Souls.I usually get to NG+ 6 with my first character and then create new ones with different stats.

Dragons Dogma to try a different class and the speedrun mode.

Also for some reason Shadow of Mordor.I finished it then i "speedrunned" through it again.

Deus Ex and Dishonored games.Once you know the layout of the levels you can finish these games pretty quickly while also trying new powers.

Hitman 2016.So many things you can do in a single level it would be a shame to not play them again.

MGS V and Ground Zeroes because of the perfect gameplay and different ways to complete missions.

However there are some games that are too big to finish immediately again like The Witcher 3 or Zelda BOTW and some like The Last of Us whose story hit me so hard i couldn't play it again for at least a few years.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Mass Effect and Metal Gear Solid are probably the only two franchises where I immediately jumped back into them right after beating them. All of the games have my highest playcounts (to completion) out of anything else I have because of it.

Oct 27, 2017
Same series but 1 and 2 for me. 3 I beat once and never touched again. I actually finished Dragon Age 2 twice in a row as well.

I think the only other one is Resident Evil 4.

Edit: No wait I think I beat Chrono Trigger like four times in a row when I was young, thanks to its new game plus.

Edit again: I keep thinking of more... All the Dark Souls three or four times each in a row. All the Halo games as well... and Goldeneye... and Perfect Dark. Forgot about Eternal Darkness too.

Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on my way to beat The Outer Worlds 2 times in a row. It's short enough, and my first play was on hard with the second on supernova. I might go for a third but I'm not sure.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Dishonored for me. Played it, killed loads of people, got a bad ending and loved it. Them immediately replayed it in low chaos.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Metal Gear Solid
Stardew Valley. I just had to start it over immediately. Right now playing my fourth playthrough.

Does playing 30 seasons of Madden Franchise count as playing more than once?

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think I've only done that once, and it was w/ RE4. Such an immaculately paced game <3

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
As a kid there was more time to do this. Haven't done it at all recently, the only one in recent memory was Deus Ex Human Revolution as it is a god-tier game and I'm sure I'll do a third playthrough in future.

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Vanquish (PS3). It was short and brilliant, but I knew I would appreciate a second run, having understood the mechanics and wanting to try different weapons. Love the game.