• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
I love tennis and JRPGs, so I've always dreamed of a JRPG with the same level of fantasy/sci-fi world-building, characterization, and plot as a Final Fantasy game, and with the same basic exploration and random battles....but every battle is a mini tennis match (one game or mini sets for basic enemies, a whole set or match for bosses).

Sometimes I start thinking about how buffs, debuffs, and other abilities could be incorporated into the gameplay, but then I have to stop myself because I know such a game will never exist and I'll just make myself sad.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I know this isn't the point of this thread, OP, but have you played Golf Story?

JoDa

Jan 12, 2018
Doesn't the gba Mario tennis have like a super deep rpg story mode?

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of my game ideas got made. Persona I didn't know about before 3 but I always wanted a modern jrpg.

And I always wanted a jrpg/DMC/MMO/loot game hybrid which we kinda got with pso2, kingdoms of Amalur and Darksiders 2 and turns out I didn't like em that muh.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
DMC5

maxresdefault.jpg

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
An RPG in a long lineage of non-existent games where in order to solve puzzles and defeat monsters must scour fake wikis, guides and reviews for information.

Oct 25, 2017
One Punch Man life sim.
Janky fighting game? Nuh uh. Give me a game where you play through Saitama's daily routine. Go grocery shopping, play games with King, eat hot pot, kill a Dragon level threat while taking a walk.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
I always wanted a Pokemon Shooter. Not like a grim dark take with a bunch of blood and gore, but something more in the style of Splatoon. You'd play as the villain teams like Rocket, Magma, Skull, etc., and battle for territories spread throughout the various regions. The weapons would be styled as cutesy takes on pokemon, like Voltorb Gernades, dual pistols shaped like Ekan's, Charizard flamethrowers, etc.

I don't see the Pokemon company or Nintendo ever pursuing something like it though.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Ninja Golf on the 7800 was made, but it'll never get a remake in a million years even though it should

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shenmue 1 but modern day in my country.

Well by modern I actually mean around the late 90s or early 2000s when Shenmue came out.

Set in an Irish town.

Similar themes but with Celtic Mysticism.

Slow ponderous, lived in, side tracked detailed, comfortable, tangible.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
A Pokémon game made for people who want the Pokemon franchise to get better /s

More seriously a very realistic war game made by Naughty Dog rated AO

OP
OP
cyappu

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
Doesn't the gba Mario tennis have like a super deep rpg story mode?
Kind of.... I wouldn't call it "super" deep.

It doesn't have much in the way of interesting characters, story, or exploration.

But it's probably the closest game I'll ever get to my ideal.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing new but I just want a Final Fantasy musou game, with some cool iconic boss fights in the style of Hyrule Warriors or something.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
A Halo game where you play as a war photographer and it becomes a survival horror game after the opening with a flood outbreak.
You can't fight the flood, you are not strong enough and have no weapons training.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
AAA beat'em up.

Imagine a new high budget Final Fight at 4K 60fps with Street Fighter V visuals and well made story with high quality cinematics.

Salamande

Oct 25, 2017
I love tennis and JRPGs, so I've always dreamed of a JRPG with the same level of fantasy/sci-fi world-building, characterization, and plot as a Final Fantasy game, and with the same basic exploration and random battles....but every battle is a mini tennis match (one game or mini sets for basic enemies, a whole set or match for bosses).

Sometimes I start thinking about how buffs, debuffs, and other abilities could be incorporated into the gameplay, but then I have to stop myself because I know such a game will never exist and I'll just make myself sad.

If you squint hard enough, you could say the DS version of "The World Ends With You" kind of fits.

There was an old PS2 game called Over Zenith (Sword of Etheria in Europe, never released in the US) which was an action-RPG with volleyball-like combat mechanics.