• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Paris. Been there thrice, all for work.

Pocket got picked among things.

Also, the 'romanticism' of Paris is greatly overrated.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rome. Because while gorgeous some of the locals acted like such complete assholes compared to other big and small cities i just don't think the unique locations is worth dealing with it again.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Odessa. Went for field trip. Water tasted horrible. Saw Friday night lights stadium not much else to see

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
"Never" is a strong word and our lives are often fairly long. Maybe at some point you'll be able to visit Austin again without any of the toxic baggage?

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Petersburg. I got robbed there, and I don't feel like going to Russia ever again anyway.

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
If I had a choice it would be London, it's an absolute shithole. Sadly I have to pass through there every time I go to see uni friends.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Venice.

Pretty underwhelming overall and I've already been there now. Would rather go another place if I get the chance to travel abroad.

Concelhaut

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Damascus, Syria
I visited it in the 90s as a day trip? from Lebanon
It was nothing special and of course it's a mess right now

Istanbul, Turkey
Because I disagree with their politics and they're dare I say an enemy of the Arabs

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
There are cities I wouldn't necessarily prioritize revisiting on holiday, but there's no place that I wouldn't return to. I've gone back to different cities at different points and had completely different experiences and different vibes. Visiting a city 10 years from now could be way different than it is now.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Dubai. Abu Dhabi. Doha. Bahrain.

Any of the rich Arab countries. Fuck em and their slave labour. Really good money if you're working there in a white collar job, but man you start to feel dirty after a while.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
There's no city I'd never visit again but San Francisco was pretty crappy a few months ago. By crappy I literally dodged feces on the streets daily.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Chicago, if I return to the US it'll probably be somewhere like Seattle or Boston. Explore more rather than revisit.

Zadar, might go to Croatia again but I'll probably just hang about more in the south.

Oslo, dead city and western Norway looks interesting.

Nov 7, 2017
Not a city but Iceland. Been there twice and would like to again but ever since Wow Airlines when under I don't have a feasible and affordable way to fly there. I also feel that I've seen and done what I needed to do in that country and I don't want to contribute to the overtourism anymore

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I doubt I'll visit Jaurez, Mexico again. The city was very poor but the people were great. I just don't think I'll ever make it back again.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably Cairo or Luxor, the world was a very different place when I last went there.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Rome. Because while gorgeous some of the locals acted like such complete assholes compared to other big and small cities i just don't think the unique locations is worth dealing with it again.
Sorry for the bad experience, there are indeed a lot of assholes ruining the experience for tourists, especially from other countries. Lots of restaurants and bar are run by fucking thieves.

Concelhaut

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
I'm definitely planning on revisiting Cairo because I need to see the Grand Egyptian museum (which should open next year) and to truly cover Islamic Cairo and the historic mansions

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
New Delhi. I really like India, but that city... nope. I guess I'll eventually be there again, but only for transit and not to visit.

For literally never ever putting my feet in there again, I guess a bunch of cities that I visited at some time and won't be visiting ever again since there's so much other stuff to see anyway...

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
User banned (1 week): trolling, abuse of report system
Man there sure should be a lot of warnings going out for inflammatory comments in here. I got warned yesterday for calling The Bronx shit so you better watch out with your language, might offend someone.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's a trick question for me. I hated Rome but loved the Vatican. I'd love to visit the Vatican again...but I gotta stay in Rome to do that.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Amsterdam. Way too flippin crowded with the limited space it has. And this is coming from someone who lives in The Netherlands themselves. I have been to bigger capitals (Dublin, Stockholm) which are also busy, but in those capitals the streets/pavements are also at least twice as wide as in Amsterdam so it doesn't feel as crowded.

CrazyIvan1978

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
Indeed, it is London for me as well. Shithole is an apt description. Smelled like piss, roving bands of fucking lunatics setting garbage cans on fire, it was fucking embarrassing really.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I dislike cities in general, but worst was definitely Paris. Paris suuuuuuuucked.
Graffiti everywhere, getting followed by kids trying to sell us trinkets, the place just smelled in general, and the food at the Eiffel Tower sucked and was expensive.

I didn't even wanna go but my mother pretty much dragged me with her there when we were in the UK. In addition to Paris, the week I spent in London on the same trip was the worst part of the trip (I will say second to Paris though). I could have spent so much more time staring at the countryside. Irish and Scottish countrysides held some of the most gorgeous views I've ever seen. I was very upset I never got to see the highlands.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed, it is London for me as well. Shithole is an apt description. Smelled like piss, roving bands of fucking lunatics setting garbage cans on fire, it was fucking embarrassing really.

When on earth did you go in London?

Might be New Delhi for me, I spent a couple of months there already and the pollution was too much.

Concelhaut

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
I need to see multiple Globe plays and the Tate museum so I'm definitely going back to London (last time was 2007).

I need to assess the quality of the boys too 👀 , but they look pasty white in the pics

This of course if Brexit means no visas for EU nationals

Sovan Jedi

Oct 30, 2017
Southampton, UK
Blackpool is a place I never want to visit again. It went beyond "not enjoying it" for me; it was like a waking existential horror nightmare the entire time I was there, like the UK's own version of Silent Hill.

The only other place I have no desire to visit again is Paris. The things I DID want to go to Paris for - the food and the touristy stuff - I absolutely loved, but the people are generally awful and rude, and so much of the city outside of the touristy things is filthy.

Concelhaut

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
And all people complaining about Paris, Parisians secretly and dare I say openly don't want you there either

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the bad experience, there are indeed a lot of assholes ruining the experience for tourists, especially from other countries. Lots of restaurants and bar are run by fucking thieves.
No worries. The rest of Italy we found nothing but pleasant people. One particular small town we won't forget the guy running the gelatto shop was so thrilled to see tourists he closed shop and gave us a tour of the town hahaha. So the experience in the country was still pleasant as a whole

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's any city I'd never wish to return to, I try to look for the positives in all the places I go to.
Well, maybe not Kaliningrad, that place felt like it was rainy even though it was sunny when I was there.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
Paris and Honolulu. I lived in both for several years and it's a short life and a big world and I've only visited a small part of it

Deleted member 33116

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Amsterdam. Way too flippin crowded with the limited space it has. And this is coming from someone who lives in The Netherlands themselves. I have been to bigger capitals (Dublin, Stockholm) which are also busy, but in those capitals the streets/pavements are also at least twice as wide as in Amsterdam so it doesn't feel as crowded.
I agree with this.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I would like to go back to Seattle but I'm 99% sure I won't be back. Which is a bummer. When I left I have big intentions of visiting my friends often but I only went twice after I moved away. It's too far and too expensive, and the world is big.

I haven't been back in almost a decade, I don't talk to my old friends, they may not even live there anymore, and last time I went the place was kinda disappointing.

The place I never want to go back to, but unfortunately I probably will is Kuta in Bali. I like Bali in general but I really can't stand Kuta. However i know at some point I'll need to go for a bachelor party or a wedding or a birthday.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
"Never" is a strong word and our lives are often fairly long. Maybe at some point you'll be able to visit Austin again without any of the toxic baggage?

Nah, it's over for me, the world is a big place, and I need to move on.

Maybe I'll visit when I'm getting over the hill. I just hope I'm not crying in my hotel room after being back after "so many years"

Or maybe that's the right reaction I'll be hoping for. After all, I hope that Austin can move me to tears just like it did "all those years ago".

Oct 30, 2017
it seems unlikely that i'll never go there again but the last "jesus fuck hell no" experience i had was san francisco, which is sad because i loved it when i went like 15 years ago.

Blackpool is a place I never want to visit again. It went beyond "not enjoying it" for me; it was like a waking existential horror nightmare the entire time I was there, like the UK's own version of Silent Hill.

i used to go there every summer holiday with my family and it's the most brilliantly awful place. kind of want to go back.

butzopower

Oct 27, 2017
London
Didn't even want to go there in the first place, but had a 2 hour train exchange in Pisa, and that place was a shithole with way too big of a river only famous cuz somebody done fucked up.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even want to go there in the first place, but had a 2 hour train exchange in Pisa, and that place was a shithole with way too big of a river only famous cuz somebody done fucked up.

Oh yes, damn, Pisa. Made the mistake of staying there three nights, thought there would be more to see. Saw the city in a couple hours, spent the rest of my time at the beach.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal.

Last time I was there it was just strip club after strip club on the main road and if you weren't French the people treated you like sub-human scum no matter where you went.

Macheezmo

Oct 25, 2017
Once I quit my job at the end of the year I don't want to ever visit anywhere in California again. There might be a handful of decent places but the state is mostly just an overly congested garbage can.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dubai.

a super depressing illustration of what an absolutely bifurcated city looks like, between super rich and super poor