• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017
We're at that point in the news cycle that we hear more about what isn't going to be at E3 rather than what is. Sometimes it hurts. Sometimes things don't go as planned. Sometimes you're deep in a game of Hearthstone on a phone and the connection drops with out telling you and you miss 2 turns before you even try to reset only to find the other guy has been emoting and filling up the board and then he kills you. The long weekend approaches in the US and it's a good time to let it all go to enjoy the holiday. Whatcha been Playin' and did it make ya rage?

Pokemon Y

I've been doing the same shiny hunt for 6 weeks. The total is something like 930 eggs hatched. Hatching eggs in Generation 6 is not as streamlined as it is in Generation 7. I did a lot of things to make it more fun, but I eventually settled on opening glittery easter eggs infront of the camera in the hopes that I would 'hatch' a shiny. After the 1st week I probably opened the eggs on time for 97% of the hatches. This slows things down, but I believe it makes for an entertaining stream. Last night I got the shiny Exeggcute. Here's that clip and the rage that follows.

Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee
This week saw me beating the Elite 4 and wrapping up my Pokedex. With the help of some friends and an amazing redditor I was able to see the version exclusives and legendaries. All I needed to do was collect a few moon stones and evolve my pokemon. I took my new shiny charm to the poke-graveyard and met the mother of dragons.

Hearthstone: Rise of Shadows Expansion

New nerfs hit this week, but that didn't get me interested in playing more standard. Instead I decided to slum it over in Wild and enjoy some easier wins. I used a Control Warlock deck I found on Hearthpwn and I've been able to grind out Rank 14 after a 5 hours. It's relaxing and fun to get to play old cards I loved. I've been playing a little bit of the story content as well and just recently purchased the 2nd chapter with gold I had saved up. Hit me up in the DMs if ya have an 80 gold friend quest!

Hollow Knight
I've played about half an hour of this game, but I really like the controls. I know it's a metroid vania style of game, but my one gripe so far is that I lack a double jump or a wall slide. Those could be upgrades I get later down the line. I now appreciate the over powered start you get in Metroid games that showcase what abilities you can have later on. The atmosphere is killer and I really look forward to putting more time into this.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Recently got my hands on an Oculus Quest and so far, I've messed around in VRChat and also Beat Saber. I bloody love Beat Saber, I think I've replayed that demo about 50ish times now?

Hopefully I can get my hands on the full version soonish, I like rhythm games like Taiko and so on; this is basically a dream come true.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I completed Rage last week and had some fun with it, but was overall disappointed.
Now i'm playing Metro Exodus and Blood : Fresh Supply :) Both amazing shooters

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Starting back FF7 today after stopping to play it in March.

Also playing Nioh 2.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
With the rumors about Watchdogs 3 being announce soon, I started number 2. I'm surprised how active the multiplayer still is, I was invaded 3 times. The hide and seek game is quite fun.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Playing through the Phoenix Wright Trilogy for the first time and I adore it. Finished the first 4 episodes and working now on the bonus episode of the first game.

Also juggling Cuphead, Final Fantasy XII, and just finished VA-11 HALL-A.

OP
OP
Ivan2Nguyen

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017
Playing through the Phoenix Wright Trilogy for the first time and I adore it. Finished the first 4 episodes and working now on the bonus episode of the first game.

Also juggling Cuphead, Final Fantasy XII, and just finished VA-11 HALL-A.
I remember playing that on the DS. I really wonder how they handle all the extra things they put in there to take advantage of being on dual screens.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the luigi u portion of nsmbudx. it's a blast, i love the higher difficulty and shorter levels. didn't expect it to be this hard but i'm happy to be playing a semi-challenging mario game.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Nothing but Yakuza 0 (PS4) as I pretty much put Gravity Rush Remastered and Dragon Quest Heroes II on the back burner. I've spoken at lengths about the game in the Yakuza community thread. The long and the short version is it's definitely one my favorite Yakuza games in the series if not #1 for me after 3 and 6.

The last Yakuza game I finished was 6 but I decided to go back in time and get 0. I finished the OG 2006 Yakuza on PS2 so appreciating nods to all the games in 0 has been a treat. I plan to check out Kiwami and Kiwami 2 soon enough. For some reason, the combat in the Yakuza feels way more meaty and visceral than Dragon Quest Heroes II. But I suppose that's because the attack animations have weight to them and you're not taking out huge mobs of enemies (with a few exceptions in story missions).

My rage moments in Yakuza 0 have been the catfighting mini game because it's pure RNG BS as well as a bunch of the gambling mini-games. Especially because the former involves winning 10 tournaments for the trophy. I will also probably never bother trying to wrap my head around mahjong. But maybe I'll give it a chance and read the FAQ on it to understand it. I'm pretty sure a few superbosses will drive me nuts.

Any way, I have sunk in over 130hrs into 0. I'm reaching the final acts of the game (at Chapter 11) before I close it out and think about putting it on the back burner to finish Gravity Rush. It's been one hell of a ride to say the least as I've been taking screenshots left and right. I'm looking forward to Judgement next month.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Nier Automata-Finished the B route last night. On to C.

Hades-haven't played in a few days, but will probably play some tonight and take break before doing the C route in Nier.

MK11--haven't played for a couple of weeks as I can't use my fight stick with a torn biceps tendon. Probably try and play on DS4 and see how I like that as I won't be able to use the fight stick for months as I have surgery in a couple weeks. Should be able to use a pad a week or so after that, but won't have the range of motion in the brace I have to wear for up to 3 months after the surgery to use a fight stick.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing is really making me rage.

I got my hands on a PS3, and with my desire to catch up on Tales games that I missed, I have been playing Tales of Graces f.

I've also been dipping my toe into Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom on my Sega Genesis Classics for Switch.

(I'm alternating between two RPGs. I must be crazy, lol.)

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Got back into Big Pharma after only lightly touching it ages ago.

Damn this game is good. Killer combo of isometric puzzler, production line management and tycoon.

Think I'm gonna nab the single DLC pack before going any further.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started StarTropics for the first time and played for like 2 hours the other day. Actually very impressed by it.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
TjRRr6q.jpg

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4) - Been a bit too tired/busy to play much the last few weeks, but I finally got around to getting 100% completion on the main story.

XMRZFLD.jpg

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) - Just started this.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Devil May Cry 5
Nioh 2 Alpha
Observation
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Still quite smitten with DMC5. Spending so much time just experimenting and practicing in The Void that I haven't beaten the story yet, which, btw, is much better than I thought it would be.

Loving what I played of Observation. Stellar atmosphere and sound design around a neat premise. Can't wait to play more.

Last edited:

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
Shovel Knight, Hand of Fate 2 and Isaac. I played HoF2 when it first came out but didn't stick with it. Playing it now on Switch is great.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 (PS4)
I was really having a great time with this, and had clocked ~108 hours, but my girlfriend borrowed the PS4 so I've had to put the game on hold. I was
about to see the aftermath of palace 5.
I'll likely finish it up next month. Very excited to finally, after all these years, defeat the curse and finish a Shin Megami Tensei game. I've had a problem for several years where I usually get 30-40 hours into SMT games before something happens to my save and I am unable to complete them.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (PC)
In the meantime, because I don't have access to my PS4, I started up a new Morrowind game, installed my usual set of mods, and am having myself time working through the Mage's Guild and immersing myself once again into arguably my favorite game world of all time. It never gets old to me! I don't think it ever will.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Despite purchasing newer titles, like Sekiro and MK11, I am just hooked on Nioh still. Approaching 200 hours played, want to get all the trophies before I put it down (76% there).

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
PS4: In Chapter 6 on Red Dead. Been playing since launch. Trying to finish it this week. Going to start Division 2 next.

Switch: MK11 the grind is really starting to bug me.

CastleVania Collection: Never played these even as a kid, digging the first one so far.

Cuphead: On the second island, game is incredible.