• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
You forgot Junpei needing a recast since Vic voiced him. As for Aigis, the issue with Karen is that she's an anti-BLM Trump supporter. While her being a TERF wouldn't surprise me, I couldn't find anything on the topic (unless she deleted the posts before I could get to it).

But seriously, both need recasts.
I do remember she liked some TERF stuff that was hidden among the anti-BLM/ antifa shit, but that's really hard to find and I can't find hard proof, I'm possibly mandela'ing myself (the kind of people she aligns herself with are the kind of people who hate LGBT+ people for being Left/ Progressive so she definitely still doesn't have a good look there). And I completely forgot about Vic, yeah. I know Aigis' VA's by heart because she's my favorite character period, but Junpei's VA I didn't go out of my way to find his VA before the allegations against Vic came out, so it wasn't fresh on my mind when thinking about P3.
Why?
You yourself say it's not canon so what's the harm?

And FeMC is already non-canon on top of that.
- FeMC
- if you want to try to horn FES in there, fine, but like, make it more stomachable idk
- make the Nyx Avatar fight LONGER (you heard me)

uh no wtf FOH
It really takes away the impact of their deaths when you know they're still alive. Every time I replay or rewatch Persona 3, those moments still hit just as hard because their deaths aren't just a cheap way to get a reaction out of you. Committing to the themes of dealing with death and the weight that death carries is what makes those moments still so good, keeping them alive without a damn good reason goes against the point of their deaths in the first place.

And I just don't trust Atlus to not mess with those routes more after putting them in in the first place.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Everything in the OP plus delete the hot springs scene at least alter the shower scene slightly. Also get rid of the fatigue system because I hate it.

Rayman not Ray

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
It's time to let the game be what it should have been all along. Make it a full Roguelike. Add permadeath.

/s

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do add FeMC to the game, but man I won't lie her inclusion really messed up the tone of the game when I played P3P. I wouldn't mind if they added some changes to her personality just to keep the tone a bit more consistent. She doesn't necessarily have to be the same as the male version tho.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I hope they do add FeMC to the game, but man I won't lie her inclusion really messed up the tone of the game when I played P3P. I wouldn't mind if they added some changes to her personality just to keep the tone a bit more consistent. She doesn't necessarily have to be the same as the male version tho.

Yeah, about that...

The Female MC's gung-ho, happy-go-lucky outlook (or can be sassy & sarcastic if that's your thing) is nothing more but a facade to hide her sorrow from the trauma from her parents deaths 9-10 years prior. Remove that mask, and she is not that different from her quiet & somewhat disinterested male counterpart. This is doubled-down in Persona Q2, as her story line really reflects her existence in the Persona universe. Really, I'm glad she taken a deuteragonist role alongside Joker in that game.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
......so you want to change the thing that made the FeMC popular in he first place? I really don't see how she messes up the tone.

Plus what Protoman200X said.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-Combine Portable's additions with FES's visuals. Fuck the visual novel style
-Add P4 and P5's safe mode so I don't have to grind in Tartarus
-Make Tartarus more interesting and less grindy
-Give us more to do during the month instead of shoving the story into the start and end of the month
-Bring back Ken's old VA
-Remove Operation Babe Hunt because jfc
-Social links for the whole party, male and female
-Get rid of automatically romancing female social links when you max them
-Erase Kenji from existence

There's probably more but that's all I can think of really. I think I want a P3 remake more than P6 at this point tbh, it badly needs one.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the first persona game I played was 4 golden on vita, fell in love with it after importing it from Canada knowing literally nothing about what the actual game was other than people saying it was the best game on vita back then, it was worth importing and not waiting for the EU release, but after that I tried 3 multiple times, I even bought a brand new and sealed copy of persona 3 fes on ps2, also got p3portable.......never could get much into it, not due to anything other than the fact that there is no definitive version. I hate the ps2 version because I can't control the other party members which is a thing I always hate in rpgs, and I hate the portable version because there's none of the cutscenes and while I understand the need to cut things back for the psp, the amount of cutting back that needed to be done means it isn't the game I wanted to play that way.

I'd be happy with them just adding the p3portable stuff into p3 fes version and allowing me to control the other party members. I even remember trying my ps2 copy on my pc with the ps2 emulator there but it had graphical issues and stuff that bugged me, which sucks because someone actually wrote a mod for it on there that allowed you to control the whole party.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
The Op basically covered what I want. I'll also say to use the P5 battle system as well, so maybe we could use Ken and Shinjiro with the Psi and nuke element, for instance.
If should they ever remake it and keep the dungeon progression as it is, so only random generated floors of Tartarus, it's a skip altogether imho.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Remove Ken and the dog.

maxresdefault.jpg

For what reason. He's the least offensive mascot out of all of them too.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Male protagonist route removed, Ken romance removed (better yet just remove Ken) and Im putting my lucky charm on cause I'm saying something real controversial now - aigis is trash too, remove her as well

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Male protagonist route removed, Ken romance removed (better yet just remove Ken) and Im putting my lucky charm on cause I'm saying something real controversial now - aigis is trash too, remove her as well
Even ignoring the hot take, "I don't like character so remove them" is dumb.

That's not even getting into the fact that you'd have to rewrite half the damn plot to accompany this.

Also Aigis is the best character in the game.

(We agree on axing the Ken romance though.)

Last edited:

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
  • New stuff from PSP like jobs and female Protag
  • Controlling of Party members (PSP)
  • No Insta game over when Protag dies (PSP)
  • Walking around the city (PS2)
  • Cutscenes (PS2)
  • Choosing what Personas inherent (New?)

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Even ignoring the got take, "I don't like character so remove them is dumb."

That's not even getting into the fact that you'd have to rewrite half the damn plot to accompany this.

Also Aigis is the best character in the game.

(We agree on axing the Ken romance though.)

Anything meaningful I had to add was already mentioned. Might as well drop my hot takes since I consider "aigis is a good character" to be a terrible one too

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
- Rethink Tartarus all together.
- P5R graphics
- FemC option like Portable
- Japanese voices selectable
- A new ending (and new Social Links; Vincent Brooks? Would be funny) to shake things up

Jul 24, 2018
Basically a version of this game that has the content of all the various rereleases like the fem protag with cutscenes and a 3D explorable iwatodai. It would also be cool if we could explore Inaba since the fem protag does go there.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Copy FF7Rs idea of a "remake"

Not gonna lie, I'd actually love it if...

Aigis somehow sent her memory data to the past so that she could save the main character. So the whole game plays out as normal right until she shows up, when things begin to change because she knows what's going to happen and seeks to prevent it.

But definitely carry over the female protagonist, add some QoL improvements, change some of the more problematic elements and give us an alternative epilogue to The Answer that has no mandatory combat at all and can just be played like a visual novel if you want, covering another year with the gang.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Just combine FES with all the Portable stuff in HD and we good.
They would also need to redo anime cutscenes since they are very low res.

Plus they would need to model FMC and perhaps at least do in-engine cutscenes there. So it's not that simple.

Best route would be to redo the game in P5 engine, use P3 DAN models and P5 shadow models as much as they can. Do cutscenes for everything in-engine to save on animation cost. They really should bring FMC route in as well, but I have doubts they would.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I'll admit some of the social links are kinda duds in P3, but at the same time it's not like the the other Persona games didn't have their fair share of duds. In fact some of my favorite came from P3 like the kid dealing with her parents divorce, the dude nearing death, and the teacher playing videogames lol.

Also I actually really enjoyed how social links weren't tied to the main cast growth. The majority of their growth came through the main story and without relying on the MC. In fact that's why I enjoyed P3 a lot because cast grew stronger thru their own merits. That's why I hope they keep that component in tact and instead flesh the main cast even more especially during the days where there's nothing to do in the original game.

Yeah, about that...

The Female MC's gung-ho, happy-go-lucky outlook (or can be sassy & sarcastic if that's your thing) is nothing more but a facade to hide her sorrow from the trauma from her parents deaths 9-10 years prior. Remove that mask, and she is not that different from her quiet & somewhat disinterested male counterpart. This is doubled-down in Persona Q2, as her story line really reflects her existence in the Persona universe. Really, I'm glad she taken a deuteragonist role alongside Joker in that game.

Hmm it's been a long time since I played the FeMC route and I just remember her personality just not fitting the tone among the other characters. She felt to friendly and welcoming imo which kinda threw me off during my play through. You have all these cast of characters that are not completely welcoming and in some cases a bit hostile which is why when everyone became friends towards the end it made it feel extremely satisfying in the original game. To me she felt like a character that would fit right in with the P4 cast rather than P3. Like I said I don't know if it's because I played the game a long time ago, but her character just made the original game feel completely different for better or worse.

Haven't played Persona Q2, but that sounds quite interesting about her character.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I kind of want to see an expansion of the reverse social link mechanic. Or hell, revamp the whole thing in general to be less linear.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I want Persona 5 (or better) graphics, modern Persona QoL, and interesting dungeons (either designed dungeons like in Persona 5 or drastically more interesting roguelike dungeons). I'd like a new playable character (could be a character that was an NPC or S-Link in the original game) and some new story that wasn't in the original game. And if I have to choose between the Answer content & FeMC, I'd definitely go with FeMC.

Oct 25, 2017
I liked when I played P3 as a visual novel style kinda game as shown in P3P. Well as an optional way to play the game of course because I'm in the minority

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
a remake that combined P3P and FES with the gameplay improvements from 5 would easily make it the best game in the series.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest thing would be to revamp the social side of the game so there's actually things to do at night

A minor thing but Koromaru should get his persona upgraded like everyone else

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with a lot of what's in the OP. The homophobia and transphobia and other hate 1000% needs to go. FeMC should be in (with the FES/P5 style presentation, not P3P's). Include all of the music that was part of the FeMC route obviously.

I like the idea of turning the Full Moon Operations into big dungeons, however there's one problem with that: They would have to be done all in one night, which would go against the thing P3/P4/P5 has done where part of the game is managing trips to the dungeon with the time you have remaining. They would have to have some way to heal for free, without a fatigue system, in the Full Moon Operation dungeons. The route I would rather go is changing how Tartarus works. Have in each block, there's a set of randomized floors like the original, and then the other part of it is a big human-designed dungeon like P5's dungeons. If they wanted to have a "Mementos" like place, they could expand Monad depths, the place that was usually reserved for unlocking late in the game, and make that much larger and maybe have a special reward at the end, other than what the original had.

I also agree with the suggestion to have more to do at night. The last two months or so of P3 were always such a slog just because I've likely gotten as far as it would let me in Tartarus, and completed the night time social links.

Full control of your party would be another thing. Yes, I get the reason they did it in P3 and FES, and they let you have direct control in P3P, but the AI could be absolutely brainless sometimes, and it was infuriating. That was literally the reason I gave up on the final boss in FES and actually beat it in P3P.

Cut or significantly change "Operation Babe Hunt" and the hot spring sneaking scenes. Those sections were obnoxious.

Here's a weird one, and this came up just because I recently played Persona 1, P2 Innocent Sin, and am about to finish Eternal Punishment: Actually show Kei Nanjo and the Nanjo group with the Kirijo Group stuff, not just mentioning them. The Kirijo Group used to be part of the Nanjo Group, and then they split. I wish they would talk more about this, and actually have Nanjo be in the game.

Give Junpei Iori better motives. He's basically motivated by high school teenage horniness rather than actual sense.

"Hey weirdly dressed girl sitting here drawing things when I know people are hunting us at night, I go fight monsters and shit at night. Isn't that fucking cool?"

"Oh, yeah, huh, interesting, please tell me more..."

*kidnaps and holds him hostage 2 hours later*

Junpei:

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

Junpei: "Okay well I still am in love with you and shit."

Chidori: "Fuck you"

Junpei: "She loves me, I'm gonna visit her in the hospital every day!"

Chidori: "Oh I actually am in love with you Junpei, let me sacrifice my life so you can not die to my former boss."

Also goes without saying: Replace Junpei's voice actor. For those that don't know, it's Vic Mignogna....yeahhhh...

Have the shadows be Kaneko demons like Persona 5. I was never really a fan of the generic shadows P3 and P4 used. You can still have them as bosses, but I think negotiating is more interesting than just getting Personas through Shuffle Time.

Let the player choose whether or not a relationship is romantic or platonic. In P3 and FES, social links with girls would turn romantic after a certain point, always. Unless you were okay cheating on whichever girl you were dating, you were effectively locked out of some social links. P4 and P5 let you choose whether a relationship was romantic or platonic, so you could finish all the social links without having to cheat on a romantic relationship.

Leave a little room for error on getting all the social links. It's damn near impossible to get all or even most of the P3 social links finished without a guide.

KEEP the ability to potentially let social links get stuck in a rut, regress, or even drop completely. This was a neat aspect about P3.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Just add content from both FES and Portable

The option to choose male or female like in portable

Improved visuals and graphics

Oct 25, 2017
A few months ago ATLUS asked fans to fill out a survey about their IPs to learn more about their fans' opinions and how to improve development of their games. One of the games mentioned was a Persona 3 Remake. This year is the 25th anniversary of the Persona series and the producer already teased some big news for the series so if the remake happens it will be announced soon!

I was thinking about what changes and QoL ATLUS could add in this possible remake.

1) STOP WITH THE HATE!
All 3 modern Persona games have problematic scenes concerning LGBTQ+ NPCs and main characters. Persona 4 also has the Investigation Team hating on a girl because she is fat. Stop with this garbage. This applies to ALL future Persona games, not just a Persona 3 Remake.

2) Add Minako from Persona 3 Portable
The female MC was one of the best additions ATLUS has ever done in their rereleases, she is completely different from Makoto (male MC) and many of the Social Links in her playthrough are new, raising the replay value of the game. Please remove the pedo romance with Ken though.

3) Turn the full moon operations into big dungeons
Tartarus being the only dungeon in the game is boring. I suggest turning the full moon operations at the end of each month into full fledged dungeons like the ones in Persona 5.

4) Make Tartarus like Mementos
Let's face it: Tartarus is awful and needs a big shake up. A good way to update it would be to copy the QoL of Mementos in Persona 5 Royal and apply them to Tartarus. Make every block unique with different music and visuals and add some kind of upgrade system like the flowers... This might be controversial but I also recommend to straight up cut a big number of floors. 264 floors are too many.

This is what I have thought so far, do you guys have other ideas for a hypothetical Persona 3 Remake?

I 100% agree with all these.

I just completed a replay of P4G and was reminded of how bad the dungeons are.

If P3 were remade I would definitely want P5 style handcrafted dungeons for the moon operations and agree that Tartarus can simply be like Mementos at that point.

Also, a more engaging method of initiating the fights like P5 has. The run next to and quickly 180 no scope slash at the shadows back sucks ass.

I'd like to see either the anime cutscenes removed and animated fully in engine or done by a better studio than what they've used for 3, 4 and 5. They always look off model to Soejima's designs and I seriously hate them.

The other suggestion I've seen and whole heartedly agree with with is replacing the problematic voice actors.

Whenever Aigis is off screen all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Aigis?"
Also this, but unironically.

Ladomania

Banned
Nov 8, 2020
sometimes feels like I'm the only person who like Tartarus lmao. The music for Tarturus already changes for each block already and so do the visuals. The music is actually my favorite part because for each block, more instruments are added and the theme is changed a bit. Its really subtle because of how much time you spend in each block. I do think it would be better if they made the floors themselves instead of having them be randomly generated. I know it'd be a lot of work but you spend a ton of time in tartarus so I think it needs the attention. Also, get skills and stuff from social links like in P5 would be a really great addition, but honestly I'd be happy if it was just a p3p port with the anime cutscenes.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
It really takes away the impact of their deaths when you know they're still alive. Every time I replay or rewatch Persona 3, those moments still hit just as hard because their deaths aren't just a cheap way to get a reaction out of you. Committing to the themes of dealing with death and the weight that death carries is what makes those moments still so good, keeping them alive without a damn good reason goes against the point of their deaths in the first place.

And I just don't trust Atlus to not mess with those routes more after putting them in in the first place.
I get all this and you're not wrong, but in particular I think that saving Shinji only happening on a second or further play through and being real difficult makes it clear that it's not canon or intended but fanservice for people who like them. If I have to play a game where Aigis lives, you can handle one where Shinji does. I think it's a good way to have your cake and eat it too.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I get all this and you're not wrong, but in particular I think that saving Shinji only happening on a second or further play through and being real difficult makes it clear that it's not canon or intended but fanservice for people who like them. If I have to play a game where Aigis lives, you can handle one where Shinji does. I think it's a good way to have your cake and eat it too.
I'm saying this as someone who really likes Shinji. It's written incredibly poorly and shoe-horned in, it's a disservice to his character. "Your character lived so you can handle mine living" isn't even what this is about, you're reducing this down to some kind of personal grudge.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
I'm saying this as someone who really likes Shinji. It's written incredibly poorly and shoe-horned in, it's a disservice to his character. "Your character lived so you can handle mine living" isn't even what this is about, you're reducing this down to some kind of personal grudge.
Not towards you but definitely towards Aigis!

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Persona 3's one of those games with multiple releases where there isn't really a definitive version of it, so I think most of what I would want is all of the content and features from P3P and FES collected together in one release, plus a new graphical coat of paint on par with Persona 5, maybe with some of the QOL features from more recent entries in the series

I think getting rid of the problematic/transphobic stuff should be a given, though considering the Persona team's recent track record I wouldn't be super hopeful.

Any new content on top of that would be nice, but I think the real attraction for me would be finally having a definitive version of one of my favorite games.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I want them to do what I wanted them to do for Persona 5, which is to stop incentivizing doing all of your dungeon crawling in one day (or as few days as allowed). It completely murders the pacing of the game to do an entire dungeon or a whole chunk of Tartarus in a single day and then rush through a whole month of other stuff, but it's also the optimal way to play in order to have more days to do other things on the calendar. Starting to think they should just have set days on the calendar to go into the dungeon up to certain points if they can't find out a way to naturally fix the pacing issues that the calendar currently brings.