• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GobHoblin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in what kind of features or mechanics you'd like to see in Bully 2.

Apart from visuals and performance how could they improve on the original?

What kind of setting would you want? Same as before but a different high school and different cast?

Personally I'd like to see the social mechanics kept and improved from Red Dead Redemption 2. The original Bully already had some of these but I'd like to see them expanded on.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I want 80s setting and aesthetics. Fully customizable skateboards and bikes. More in-depth classes instead of mini games. More activities outside of school like arcades, board games, parties, beaches, part-time jobs,...etc. The town in Bully 1 was dead and boring even compared to GTA games of the time.

In terms of social interactivity, I'd like to choose which group to join and choose NPC's to be friends with and stuff. Maybe some romance aspects too.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
- Selectable Gender
- Set In UK
- Dinosaur Inflatable Costume
- Expanded Jobs (fry cook, stocker, etc)
- Social Links

Then of course the usually expectations you'd have in a sequel. Bully is one series where I think Rockstar making it a life sim (kind of like how RDR2 did) would benefit the game greatly.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It existing would be a nice start. But seriously - no fucking absurd degree of realism. No over animation, no health, energy, thirst or cleanliness cores, just a straight forward third person game with no light survival elements whatsoever.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Some random thoughts:

-College setting could be a cool evolution, but making the main character an adult might cause things to drift into GTA territory.
-UK seems like a natural setting given their rich history of boarding schools and class dynamics (Rockstar North might also have fun doing a game in their "home turf" for once).
-If not the UK, then at least keep the New England setting.
-Maybe take some ideas from Persona and have Social Links/storylines.
-If they really wanted to differentiate it from GTA, they could implement some sort of NPC party system. They would follow you around, fight with you, have unique abilities, etc.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I would be somewhat interested in them exploring multiple protagonists again like GTAV, though I think limited to just two would be beneficial. I think there's a lot of potential there in terms of both gameplay and story that was never fully realized or utilized all that well in GTAV and could prove to be compelling in a Bully setting. But I'm sure it would present a number of challenges for the gameplay structure having to accommodate two playable characters at all times, but given the greater life sim aspects of Bully it could work out given the more structured schedule they would have with classes and such.

Splitting the two characters up story wise would help too rather than having them both be present in the same school/local. One could attend a local public school while the other attends the local private school. If set in the 80s or 90s would provide ample opportunities to explore those classic dichotomies of rich vs poor and such that were always so popular. As well as provide a much broader and diverse cast of characters and groups from those different socio-economic backgrounds. Or if set in a College vs a High School one could be a part of a Frat/Sorority, while the other is not or one is at a prestigious university while the other is a local college or something.

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Keep the world small and dense. I would argue, after a certain point, the more Bully opened up, the worse it got. I liked the areas but they were frustrating amounts of filler that the zippiness of the beginning hours between tasks helped mitigate.

Rockstar games can have somewhat interesting tasks and small things to do, but they need to make getting in between them more fun and unique (which is hard when you're restricted by realism) and faster (which, goddamn do their games absolutely drag on).

Density of tasks, minigames, side quests that are fun and have a budget behind them are key to fill out the small world. Make the gym feel like the gym, make the girls' dorm feel like the girls' dorm, etc.

And please, no Houser brothers writing it.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
A college setting would be way more interesting. I think the thing that makes the most sense is a fictional college town with a giant, run of the mill university and a smaller, prestigious one. Some of the conflict in the story could come from the tension between the two schools once the player resolves conflicts at their own college (the giant one).

For some reason, Texas seems like it would be the best setting. It's a pretty unique environment and could allow them to get crazy with characters and environments. A smaller setting (a small college town and the surrounding rural area) would also allow them to go more in-depth. Rather than a massive open-world, you're getting a small, but remarkably dense one.

The missions would all be smaller in scope. It should feel believable in a college setting.

The three character configuration from GTA V should make it's return. While I thought it was a bit goofy in GTA, because the characters were so similar (all are criminal men), it could shine in a Bully sequel. A nerdy freshman guy, a popular upperclassman girl, and an eccentric, old Professor could be really awesome and give Rockstar a ton of options when it comes to crafting missions and story-lines.

I think a big part of the game would be social links. Expanded dialogue options, romantic interests (flirting, relationships, sex, multiple partners, infidelity, etc.), and increasing your social standing to access new areas and missions would be really fun.

Another big part of gameplay would be time management. Go to class and study to keep your grades up, hang out with friends to build relationships, meet your basic needs (laundry, sleep, and food). Obviously, all of this would be super lenient, but always having it in the back of your mind would be interesting. You can stay at any point in the year by not doing story missions that would advance the school year. The entire game would take place over a single school year and would be designed with replayablility in mind to join different social groups, build different relationships, and experience different things.

The narrative could be based on different college events throughout the year, with the characters weaving in and out of each other's lives (although not necessarily in as obvious of ways as GTA V). The game would be light-hearted in tone, but careful not to tread into the GTA-style satire. To some degree, I'd like the game to take itself seriously, even if it is comedic and light-hearted in tone.

The gameplay would be focused on more social interactions, but would include stealth, driving, melee combat, and even some shooting elements.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Female protagonist, college setting, lighthearted tone with no guns or heavy themes.
I'd love a small town nearby and for the game to span 3 or 4 years across an entire college journey. Maybe with a Harvest Moon style changes through seasons with new characters moving into the town or teaching position, some passing way, new businesses opening etc. I like the idea of the world feeling notably different at the end of the game than the beginning.
But this being rockstar we'll probably get a male protag, a schoolyard setting again, a lot of toilet humour and a city full of drug gangs nearby.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
The three character configuration from GTA V should make it's return. While I thought it was a bit goofy in GTA, because the characters were so similar (all are criminal men), it could shine in a Bully sequel. A nerdy freshman guy, a popular upperclassman girl, and an eccentric, old Professor could be really awesome and give Rockstar a ton of options when it comes to crafting missions and story-lines.
Some great ideas here! I especially like the idea of playing as a teacher for one of the characters, it could give a very different dynamic to missions and the classroom mini games.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
To not have the same input lag as RDR2.. Like it really killed it for me, the whole combat system.. Story/world/soundtrack are the only things I enjoyed from the game..

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

But how would time management work if you're juggling between 3 characters? I think it would be frustrating.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
A game made by the guys at united front games before closing, but i gues thats never happening. Or maybe now that UFG doesnt exist anymore they returned to rockstar to make Bully 2.
A man can dream.

Apart from that, it would be cool if they have a character creator were you could choose male or female. I hope it still has that small setting but full of detail and things to do. And seasons!

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I think taking some cues from Persona would be smart. A finite timeline with a set number of days, and specific things happening on those days like holidays, prom night, etc. and maybe not social links exactly, but the ability to develop relationships with other students, both romantic and platonic.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Some great ideas here! I especially like the idea of playing as a teacher for one of the characters, it could give a very different dynamic to missions and the classroom mini games.
In my head, he's been selling weed for decades on campus and routinely has to deal with new dealers on campus. A lot of his missions could be based on intimidation and using his authority as a professor to shut down anyone that threatens his business.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
But how would time management work if you're juggling between 3 characters? I think it would be frustrating.
I think you want to put that system in place mainly so there's punishment for neglecting all school activity and just running around town for days. I think the system that makes the most sense is the time management aspect for each character "freezes" when you switch to another character. Yes, they still exist and do their own thing, but it's not like you constantly need to switch characters and make sure their needs are met. It shouldn't feel like the Sims.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
It existing would be a nice start. But seriously - no fucking absurd degree of realism. No over animation, no health, energy, thirst or cleanliness cores, just a straight forward third person game with no light survival elements whatsoever.
Why would Bully have light survival elements? They were entirely appropriate for RDR2, where survival is integral to the setting, but why would they be in Bully? (Though come to think of it, I think it'd be pretty cool having to replenish health and stamina with shit like sodas, ramen, Frito's, etc.)

I do like sim elements for sure and would hope that most of the game feels like a day in the life of a high school or college student complete with interactive classes (that you can ditch of course), friend and romance activities, part-time jobs, and various mini-games on top of the main story missions. Would love for there to be consequences based on how good of a student you are, how big of a bully you are, your popularity and hygiene, etc.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I think you want to put that system in place mainly so there's punishment for neglecting all school activity and just running around town for days. I think the system that makes the most sense is the time management aspect for each character "freezes" when you switch to another character. Yes, they still exist and do their own thing, but it's not like you constantly need to switch characters and make sure their needs are met. It shouldn't feel like the Sims.

Yeah that actually makes sense. Characters live their lives while you're not controlling them.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
That would actually be really cool
There's this fan pic thats been circulating around for years that I find really cool.

I think a bully 2 with a focus on social manipulation and psychological bullying would be really interesting

maxresdefault-6.jpg

Deleted member 52823

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
I agree that a college setting might be appropriate. Older protagonist might fit well with the GTA demographic.

Keep lots of the stuff the same as the original. Dorms, skateboard, cliques, classes, etc.

Maybe be able to join a football team as that's a big thing for college. Perhaps basketball, hockey, baseball as well.

Other than that, yeah, more of the same with better graphics and whatnot. Hopefully not the same physics as GTA and Red Dead. I think the original had really good movement and hand to hand combat. The newer Rockstar games are more clunky in comparison.

As for the overworld, I don't think I would want it to be smaller than the original. I think the overworld in Bully was smaller than most Rockstar open world games, but it felt well designed. A similar scale would be preferable. I don't think I want a huge city and whatnot.

But yeah. A college setting can introduce lots of new aspects. Like drinking alcohol, driving cars, gambling, sex and whatnot.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
- Set it in a time period before social media was a thing (early 90s/late 80s) so we don't have modern day depressing politics become the theme of the game.

- A college setting based across a single campus but with a rural town nearby and lots of countryside so you can do activities outside of the college setting (maybe have sports like football, basketball, baseball, soccer etc involved)

- Multiple characters to play as, one male, one female showing the differences they have to face in a college setting.

- Have more lessons, show a real progression RPG like system where people react to you based on how hard you work, if you are clean/dirty, if you are a party animal or if you are a bit of an introvert etc

- Battle Royale mode with a circle of teachers that close in on you to make the campus shrink in size and of course, microtransactions and lootboxes so you can have a randomised chance of getting outfits and weapon skins.*

*Last point may be a lie on my part.

Omanisat

Sep 25, 2018
North Bay, Canada
The problem with a college setting is you're going to lose a lot of the structure and limits that made Bully interesting. Skipping class, breaking curfew, running from the truant officer? All out the window because you're an adult and can do whatever the hell you want to.

There's this fan pic thats been circulating around for years that I find really cool.

I think a bully 2 with a focus on social manipulation and psychological bullying would be really interesting

maxresdefault-6.jpg
This is what I'm hoping for, Mean Girls the game.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
To exist.

Also wouldn't mind a lot of the suggestions ITT. 80s would be dope, too.

Stop it with the battle royale jokes :((((

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
One playable character

English setting

A story that doesn't shit itself once the game expands out of school -.why even expand out of school?

Classes rewards are actually meaningful, like skills from a skilltree, and at the end of some classes add a radial system so you can keep improving some of these skills

Make groups react your actions out of the story. For example, if you're destroying every person of a single group, make them hate and be afraid of you. If you defend them though, let them trust and reward you. Then generate special missions based on this.

Dodgeball, add online dodge ball. Make every major boss fight be a dodge ball match.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Be a lot like a modernized original Bully (incorporating social media, but not focusing on it), and less like any other modern Rockstar game. Bully is one of my favorite games of all time, and almost every other Rockstar game ranks among my least favorite.

I would love if it took some cues from Persona, as others have mentioned in here, but mostly in the S.link/romance department. Other than that, I'd like if they kept the job and class systems roughly the same with some small tweaks.

I honestly couldn't care less if it's high school or college, but I will say that a college setting kind of inherently leads to a smaller class variety (unless the MC is a freshman filling out other required credits, unrelated to their major). Oh shit wait what if there's an actual "class" system wherein your starting stats are based on your declared major? Now that's a good one.