• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
So fellow ERA members, as the title of the thread says: what would you like to see in a possible remake of RE3?

220px-Resident_Evil_3_Cover.jpg

Since it is the first one that implemented some more action oriented mechanics, should it try something more bold or go in the vein of REmake 2 with focus on the horror part.

Should it maintain the option of going through different paths in the main story or make it unique as seamless as possible?

One of my petitions is to bring back Julia Voth as Jill, maybe even Patricia Ja Lee to lend her voice!

jill-valentine-julia-voth-wondercon.jpg

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I haven't played it so I can't really say what should be kept or changed, but man that logo is terrible.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
A Carlos campaign.
I liked the Live Selection mechanic but I feel it would be awkward to implement now in the same way - you also at least had some time to expect Nemesis everytime there was one - so just have him appear with no warnings to really amp up the horror.

Oh, and implement the choices of Live Selection into the actual gameplay seamlessly as choices you can do via gameplay mechanics.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Nemesis is the only RE I never got around to....but it seemed more open in its map design and action oriented which would be a nice change of pace from RE2.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Considering RE2 has the gunpowder and a more active stalking enemy throughout the game than it originally did, I think they should just lean harder into what made RE3 unique at the time - the randomization of some enemy and item placements and the slightly more action-oriented controls (by which I really just mean, "here's a dodge move"). That and the weird choose-your-own-adventure moments that pop up from time to time, and you should be actually rewarded for fighting Nemesis as originally, unlike how unrewarding it is to ever drop a single bullet into Mr. X.

I think the randomization is really the only way you'd give that game replay value anywhere close to what RE2 has with 2 characters + 2 scenarios.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
They'll need to alter the maps to make the game longer, the original 3 is extremely short. Other than than that though I don't need a whole lot to change from 2 remake, I hope they don't get tempted to make the city area too open, streets was always my least favourite setting in the fixed camera games

Last edited:

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No cutting the goddamn spiders ffs.

Edit: people need to move from that one actress as well. Get new faces for everyone.

Edit2: a dodge button like in Revelations 2.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Going to be weird seeing Carlos, has he ever featured in anything since 3? Was he in Mercenaries?

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Semi open world, increased focus on horror and the human side of the outbreak (which was a good but underutilized part of the original). Focus on tragic stories of survivors.

For Nemesis to give me nightmares forever.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
All of RE:2's design and mechanics
Dodge maneuver (maybe ape Rev2's)
New supporting cast and plotlines. imo the UBCS stuff isn't really enough to sustain an entire game's plot, and this was apparent even in the original game. So don't get rid of Carlos, Mikhail and Nicholai but god do we need something else going on
Instead of Barry appearing at the very end cutscene, he shows up halfway to become a supporting character (but not to overtake Carlos in importance)

They'll need to alter the maps to make the game longer, the original 3 is extremely short. Other than than that though I don't need a whole lot to change from 3 remake, I hope they don't get tempted to make the city area too open, streets was always my least favourite setting in the fixed camera games
If RE2's later areas are any indication, they'll draw up 90% new maps with a few places quasi-reminiscent of the original

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Expecting Julia Voth is probably setting yourself up for disappointment as I'm pretty sure Capcom take their models from this one specific agency now.

Would be amazing, though.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it maintains the same overall structure and feel of RE2make. I really liked the map progression in that game.

I might actually play RE3 before a remake comes out. I only played the start of 2 and even though I didnt play much, I did recognize some of the locations and I kinda want more of that feeling.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
With what they learned from Jack and Mr. X I'm looking forward an entire game designed around the Roaming Super Boss concept. Nemesis was a neat idea back in the day, but understandably pretty basic in its execution.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I definitely DO NOT want an additional action focus.

Compared to its predecessors, RE3 only gained a dodge ability, Nemesis system, and gunpowder manipulation. Two of those things are already added to RE2make, and the dodge system is the only element that needs to be added to improve upon the formula Capcom just created.

Capcom REALLY needs to pump out an action series separate from Resident Evil, because I want that shit to STAY SURVIVAL HORROR.

TheRedLotus

Nov 5, 2017
With how Capcom removed some of the monster designs in REmake2, I hope they don't do that here. Or at the very least, they should keep the Gravedigger. That asshole was terrifying.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
I definitely DO NOT want an additional action focus.

Compared to its predecessors, RE3 only gained a dodge ability, Nemesis system, and gunpowder manipulation. Two of those things are already added to RE2make, and the dodge system is the only element that needs to be added to improve upon the formula Capcom just created.

Capcom REALLY needs to pump out an action series separate from Resident Evil, because I want that shit to STAY SURVIVAL HORROR.

That mean capcom shoud remove nemesis from use bazooka.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Verticality to the streets. I know that's a bit difficult to do, but I think it adds so much depth and allows for easy backtracking when the focus is on multi-leveled maps. It's what makes RPD so great. Imagine if REmake 2 had no second or third floor and to access the areas on those floors they were positioned adjacent to every other area? It would really suck. I think that's my biggest issue with Resident Evil 3, despite loving it so.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Throw in some more action bits, but focus should still be horror. I don't want a full on action RE. It's way too goofy.

What's fun in RE games is never the action, it's the sense of progression and tension while progressing. That's why everyone loves RE2.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
RE3 was such a mess story wise. Give me

- A story that fleshes out Jill's escape, we begin with her being blown out a door for no real reason, I want to know why
- Tell me more about September 27th let's see her with other survivors like Dario and his daughter
- Let's see more of Raccoon City
- Give a more action focused Carlos Scenario and a more horror focused Jill Scenario
- An explanation to why Jill is dressed how she's dressed. My explanation is she's undercover at J's Bar where an Umbrella employee is handing over documents of umbrellas involvement with BOWs when the Zombies attack.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
I think Resi 2 remake is too light on the story department so that is obviously something I would like to see improved.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I really want them to nail the look and feel of the streets.
Have a dedicated dodge button because Nemesis is faster than Mr X.
If you can't drop Nemesis bring in the weapon mods in similar ways Resident 2 did.
Let Dario Rossi and his daughter have a moment or give us the choice to save either or them.
Carlos having a scenario from the moment his team touches down in Raccoon City.
Keep the two endings and the unlockable epilogues.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Not about what I want to see, but what I want to hear, is MUSIC. RE2 is awesome, but the lack of music, and what little there is being nothing like the original tracks, is shocking.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Keeping Nemesis' presence as limited and effective as it was in the original, and not making him invulnerable. Basically, doing exactly the opposite as the RE2 remake did.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Remake the whole game and not just the parts you wanted to keep or the parts that were easiest to recreate. A remake should never omit essential parts of the original and that is my only negative on RE2 right now.

If it had the additional enemy types and a real zapping system instead of half a zapping system the balance and pacing would've only been better for it and the game would go from 8 or 9 out of 10 to a 10/10 in my book.

Also, don't make Uchiyama do the score alone again. His work on RE2 was no better than Umbrella Corps. To be honest it was so underwhelming that I can't switch back after playing it with the original OST. It just sets the tone much better in almost every area, even the "horror" pieces.

Oct 25, 2017
Julia Voth
Greatly expanded Raccoon City
Keep Nemesis encounters and defeating him for goodies
A better intro for the game
Expand the mercenaries in the game
Julia Voth