• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I was a s***ty, lame teenager , if I got someone pregnant at that age I would have either:

1) Join the Army a lot sooner than I did.

2) Probably abandon them and try to pretend they didn't exist.

Honestly at that age , the latter would have been the likeliest choice.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It was a long time ago but even still I am quite certain I would have stuck around and help raised my kid.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
prob the same thing i ended up doing

i started working at 16 and never stopped

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
17 year old me is 100% sliding her all the money in my bank account and getting on my knees and begging for the abortion - assuming she even thought to keep it.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Probably try and convince her to get an abortion, if she wanted to keep it I'd probably look to go into some kind of trade work so I could make good money quickly.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Talk with them about if they wanted to go through with it while strongly advocating for an abortion bc no one has their shit together at that age financially or emotionally.

If agreeing to abortion, working to pay for it for her, taking her to clinic etc.
If wanting to go through with it... Fuck I don't know. I guess that would've been my life.

I've had friends who needed abortions and the dude completely ghosted them. Super garbage stuff.

Dec 30, 2020
1.) Be the most awesome, supportive dad I can.

2.) Put on sunglasses and go undercover in their highschool as the 'new student' when they're old enough.

3.) Win the prom, but then reveal the truth and give the crown to my child.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I was a different person then but my parents would have forced me to take responsibility even if I had wanted not to.

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't imagine raising a kid in my 20's much less as a 17 year old in senior year High School

Abortion is the only logical option

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Would have taken responsibility.

Thankfully I wasnt that dumb enough to get someone pregnant as I focused mostly on my education rather than romance/getting laid.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
My dad did that, and thankfully he's a great dad. We just had dinner together.

Some answers here are baffling lol

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Whether or not to have an abortion would not have been my call to make.

Not sure how I would have handled it.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You mean I could have had sex at 17?
Honestly I was such a failure, I don't know how I could have helped but no way I would have bailed out. Always wanted a family, but I guess that would also depend on the relationship with the girl? In any case I just know I wouldn't have ran, but no idea how it would have turned out...
(And yeah if she had wanted an abortion then whew, big relief, support all the way)

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I'd let the girl I got pregnant do whatever she wanted, but most likely the kid would have been born and my parents would co-parent with the parents of the girl who I got pregnant, if they were open to that. Me and the girl would probably also co-parent but when I was 17 my parents were probably in a much better place to raise a kid than me. And I mean that until the kid is like, a teenager, then I probably would have been old enough that my parents would trust me to take over.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
You might be a teensy bit biased.

Obviously, but I'm the living proof is not the end of the world lol

When he was at school some used to think he was my big brother, it was awesome

Plus, abortion is not something the father decides or press a woman to do. It's a woman's choice.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Only person I was having sex with at that age was my partner at the time and from conversations we had I know she would have had an abortion. Had she not wanted to then I'd be a parent now, because I wouldn't have left her to raise my child alone.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness, in the event she didn't have an abortion, likely suicide.

I was deathly afraid of the idea of having children for a long time. I still under no circumstances ever want kids, but I'm at least in a better place so that I wouldn't consider killing myself over it.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
Having kids at 17 is not unheard of and certainly isn't the end of the world. I would have been there for my child like any other half decent human being.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
At that age I had a lot of World of Warcraft I needed to play, so a job was out of the question.

The main girl this would have happened to had shitty parents who would not have paid for anything, thankfully Taco Bell is always hiring, so I think she would have been fine.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
They shouldn't be having them though. Obviously.
thats not your decision to make.
^

I admit my family was not the norm (very supportive grandparents that helped a lot), but telling anyone what to do with their baby is baffling

No shit. Children are able to make all sorts of bad decisions.

And the dad (another kid) should make a decision for her? Nice

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Would have been impossible for me, but on the flip side my circumstances are the time mean I likely would have been forced to carry if I got pregnant that young.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I had that scare at 16, and it was with the first person I was ever with. To say I didn't handle it well was an understatement.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
No? Weird bad faith interpretation there. She shouldn't be having a child fullstop. Pretty simple. She's a child.
Why are people so fucking weird about abortions.

We aren't talking about 14 years olds here. People at 17 can work, at my country they can vote.

And I'm not weird about abortion, I support it 100%, but you're basically saying I shouldn't exist as a norm lol

23qwerty

Oct 27, 2017

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd turn to God because that dude must have just put me into some bizarre immaculate conception love triangle and I don't wanna be Jesus 2's dad

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
If I got a girl pregnant? Well, that would literally change the worldā€¦ Safer to assume that it wasn't actually me.

If someone got me pregnant? At 17? I thought I exclusively liked girls at the time, so there's an unfortunate aspect to that situation. But okay, take that out of itā€¦ I'd have been devastated, felt like my life was ruined. I was not going through with that pregnancy, no way in hell.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
At 17 I was a high-school drop out. If I got anyone pregnant, I wouldn't be able to afford to raise it.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
At the time i'd have graduated highschool by 18 then kiss my ass goodbye to college for a lovely low paying job. šŸ˜

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
No way to know this, I hope I would have been a good person and supported my partner and perhaps child. But I don't know.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I would have been a mediocre father. I'd be there for them and I'd pay child support, but it'd be bad for them to be around me too long because I was boring and had no friends and don't want to infect them with that.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
My girlfriend when I was 17 told her dad that we had sex and he made her get a Norplant device and tried to make me pay for it after the fact. He also sat me down in front of their whole family (girlfriend, her mother, three sisters) and told me that we were being irresponsible. God that was awkward. If she had gotten pregnant I imagine we likely would have kept the child and become parents.