• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zzz

Oct 27, 2017
A friend and I just split an order of 20 pounds of this: https://www.snakeriverfarms.com/srf-stew-meat.html

35705-srf-black-steak-cuts-pdp_square.jpg

It's a value at around $11 a pound, but I can't see myself making 10 pounds of kebabs. What else would you make with it?

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if you could treat them almost like burnt ends and prepare a few pounds that way?
A few pounds of skewers sounds good as well.
With that much meat you can do an "all of the above" approach and make a Japanese curry rice with chunks of high-quality beef, some burnt ends, some skewers, and a stew, etc...

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite meal is the simplest thing on earth. Just take bits of steak like that, throw them in the air fryer, throw it on some white rice and top with a little bit of panda express tariyaki/mandarin sauce.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'd BBQ or Smoke them myself, if you have a smoker.

You can get way cheaper stew meat. Use this for something more elaborate.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Cook them well-done and put some ketchup on those bad boys!

/s

Last edited:

Keio

Nov 5, 2017
Buy a sous vide cooker like Anova, try out the best long cooks for those bad boys.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Stir fry that shit, trying different sauces and just experiment a bit (obviously not trying to overdue it because this expensive meat)

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Salt, pepper, pan grill, then fry thin sliced garlic in the fat. Eat with whatever side. If you are eating quality steak (not sure if it is as wagyu is pretty vague) then don't muddy the experience.

Ablacious

Dec 23, 2018
Stew or a curry. Was going to say thin-slice and cook on a griddle, but after clicking the link probably not.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Stir fry that shit, trying different sauces and just experiment a bit (obviously not trying to overdue it because this expensive meat)
Unless he slices it really thin, it will be tough to chew. Stew meat tends to have ton of connective tissue, so it's better for low and slow and cooking techniques.

Easier way to slice it thin is to freeze it and slice it when partially frozen.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I look at that and I see steak teppanyaki. A hot griddle or pan, little bit of oil, some garlic butter and soy sauce, cook to preference, alongside some similarly-prepped veggies and fried rice. Just made some chicken teppanyaki over the weekend and it's a treat.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
That doesn't really look like real Wagyu..

maxresdefault.jpg

That stuff is like eating butter.
Yeah, one of my big beefs (no pun intended). Wagyu is not really regulated. So places can call their fattier cuts Wagyu without any impunity.

robbreport.com

The Ultimate Guide to Wagyu Beef, the World’s Most Luxurious Steak

Fatty, tender and expensive wagyu beef has become synonymous with luxury. We explain what it is, why it's so good and how to spot a fake.

Voidance

Oct 27, 2017
I'd either sear them then add them to a stew/chili or grind them up. You could freeze them as well which lets you add a little wagyu here and there when you want to.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
They're already in small pieces, so a full steak treatment is off the table. You could still do it with a yakiniku style of tabletop griddling-as-you-eat. The other suggestions for burnt ends should be pretty good too.

A stew is kind of a waste since it's supposed to be really marbled and tender, and stews are to slowly braise and break down tough cuts.